Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2016, 09:13 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph78 View Post
The National Review article has stated California's problems accurately. There was a time when California was wonderful place to live, bring up children, and enjoy a vibrant enjoyable lifestyle. That California is lost, and will probably never return. I am sad to see and experience the way the state has "Devolved" over the past 30 years.

Unlike you, upon retirement I'm not staying in California. I am a native, and my wife has lived in CA most of her life, but the ignorant stupidity of both California politics and social agenda is driving us out.

We are selling my business and retiring at the end of the year, and yes we can well afford to stay and move to one of the nicer areas along the coast, but we choose to save a very substantial amount of money by leaving the state for an area with a MUCH lower cost of living, a very much lower crime rate, and a LOT more personal freedom. We have children and grandchildren here, so will return often to visit, but we are really looking forward to our "Escape", so we can go to the next stage of our life, which will be a very active retirement.

Good luck on sale of business . What area do you plan to move to ?
By a lot more personal freedom , what do you mean by that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 09:14 AM

21,734 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
Who knows right?

Estimations vary from 10M to 30M.

I actually think like 20M-25M makes sense.

Lots of people to kick out.
Actually, sane, well-educated professionals who base their estimates on solid factual, data-driven, statistical analysis standards don't vary their numbers "from 10m - 30m". You could look these things up in academic resources. But you won't, of course.

But yes, there certainly ARE "lots of people to kick out". And we would be well off to start with the ignorant among us - citizens or not.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:41 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,986,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkmere View Post
Saving 10k in state income tax and renting a way nice apt for $750 a month as opposed to 2400 a month...(comparable apt, but nicer)...actually probably more than 30k because everything else is cheaper also...
It's more than $30,000 for some.

I moved 70+ employees out of California for a cool 7 digits savings just based on employment related regulatory cost alone.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Pretty sure Sleepy is as happy as I am when anybody leaves California and eases the congestion.

And, no one is nasty enough to wish living in Fresno on another human being.
See at least this guy is honest. He actually wants jobs, and people to leave the state.

Too bad though Tulemutt, California actually experienced net population growth based on... immigrant births. California is going to get more and more crowded, that's just a fact of nature right now.

But at least the jobs are leaving, so you have half of your wish coming true.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:48 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,557,321 times
Quote:
Actually, sane, well-educated professionals who base their estimates on solid factual, data-driven, statistical analysis standards don't vary their numbers "from 10m - 30m". You could look these things up in academic resources. But you won't, of course.

But yes, there certainly ARE "lots of people to kick out". And we would be well off to start with the ignorant among us - citizens or not.
Remember academics are also the ones let that happen.

I don't have any trust

Old 07-11-2016, 09:49 AM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph78 View Post
The National Review article has stated California's problems accurately.There was a time when California was wonderful place to live, bring up children, and enjoy a vibrant enjoyable lifestyle.
Of course the National Review will follow up on that with their recipe for making California great again, just elect a Republican Governor and the state will flourish once again

Old 07-11-2016, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
Remember academics are also the ones let that happen.

I don't have any trust
Explain how academics "let it happen". And while you're at it: let "what" happen? What is the "that" you are referring to?

Further, how does whatever academics "let happen", in your mind, correlate to your hyperbolic estimates of California's - or the nation's, even - population of illegals? Your claim is unsubstantiated by any factual measure. Of course AM Talk-Radio is on your side.

"Trust" isn't the only thing you are lacking.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:08 AM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,265,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
See at least this guy is honest. He actually wants jobs, and people to leave the state.

Too bad though Tulemutt, California actually experienced net population growth based on... immigrant births. California is going to get more and more crowded, that's just a fact of nature right now.

But at least the jobs are leaving, so you have half of your wish coming true.
I am sure jobs are leaving but the number of jobs keeps increasing...

There was a dip in 2009 which made fodder for tons of articles about how jobs are leaving California. Of course, people still cite these same articles and new articles based on that same data. But California has moved on since then
All the data is here Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Last edited by jw2; 07-11-2016 at 10:25 AM..

Old 07-11-2016, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
... California actually experienced net population growth based on... immigrant births.
Is this a problem for you? 80% or more of California's Hispanics are citizens / or legal immigrants. They have babies. And their babies are United States citizens. Do you have a problem with citizens having babies in general or only if they are racially Hispanic?

Btw, all birthrates in cultures advancing in education and economic security are falling. Hispanic birthrates here - and in Latin countries as well - once much higher than white, non-Hispanic rates, are dropping at a rate faster than white, non-Hispanic birthrates. Soon projected to equalize. So you can breathe a sigh of relief.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Is this a problem for you? 80% or more of California's Hispanics are citizens / or legal immigrants. They have babies. And their babies are United States citizens. Do you have a problem with citizens having babies in general or only if they are racially Hispanic?
Did I say I had a problem with immigrants (legal or not)?

I'm simply pointing out if your desire is for California to be less congested and crowded via the population decreasing, then you probably should wish for a meteor, or mega tsunami. Otherwise, it's projected by 2050 that California's population will hit 60 million.

That does seem like it would make things a bit more crowded, doesn't it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California