Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 09:15 PM

1,122 posts, read 959,507 times

Advertisements

Well, this is not surprising to read... What are the politicians thinking? California is losing good people in my humble opinion. I have very few childhood friends who are still in California. Most all of them have moved out of California years ago due to the way California was shifting. We stay because of my husbands job which is on the ocean...I am retired myself due to health reasons. We struggle but it seems that the Middle Class are getting kicked to the curb...

California's skyrocketing housing costs, taxes prompt exodus of residents - San Jose Mercury News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2016, 09:53 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,242,625 times
Not just people with a lot of money, but if you have just enough not to be able to afford other than a tiny apartment in the bad part of town. I left eight years ago, and it was a very good idea. I still wouldn't say I'm 'used to' the storms, but as a bonus were I live is smogless, and Riverside had grey air.

Not al all surprising people are leaving.

Old 06-24-2016, 10:30 AM

387 posts, read 511,510 times
I don't care how expensive California becomes. As a child, i grew up appreciating the state so i choose a professional career working in a hospitol (Master degree nurse) in order to maintain my comfortable lifestyle my parents raised me in. I work hard to live in globally desirable location, of course it's gonna be expensive, but i never see myself leaving home and i'm welling to pay the extra taxes and such.

Old 06-24-2016, 11:36 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,730,834 times
Yeah, so many people are leaving it's a wonder there's anyone left .

Old 06-24-2016, 11:44 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,982,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Yeah, so many people are leaving it's a wonder there's anyone left .
Oh there will be people left, and in fact the population will be growing.

Makers are the primary ones leaving (except in tech), and takers are coming in droves (CA now has 1/3 of the countries welfare cases). Just wait until the bleeding heart libs start expanding entitlements for illegals.

Old 06-24-2016, 11:44 AM

Actually people have been packing up and leaving the state for a long time. My husband is a Tug Boat Captain/Crew Chief -has a 100 Ton License and can get a job anywhere up along the coast but we choose to stay in California as this is where we both were born and raised. We live close to some of the best hospitals- medical facilities and that is one other reason we would not leave.

There are many families who cannot afford California anymore and those are the folks I feel bad for.

Old 06-24-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Oh there will be people left, and in fact the population will be growing.

Makers are the primary ones leaving (except in tech), and takers are coming in droves (CA now has 1/3 of the countries welfare cases). Just wait until the bleeding heart libs start expanding entitlements for illegals.

The "Takers" are coming in droves alright...

Old 06-24-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Buildings View Post
I don't care how expensive California becomes. As a child, i grew up appreciating the state so i choose a professional career working in a hospitol (Master degree nurse) in order to maintain my comfortable lifestyle my parents raised me in. I work hard to live in globally desirable location, of course it's gonna be expensive, but i never see myself leaving home and i'm welling to pay the extra taxes and such.

I was also raised in a comfortable lifestyle but what difference does that make? A degree is great but knowing how to spell is even greater. Just saying - just saying. Thank you for being a nurse.

Old 06-24-2016, 01:59 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,534,206 times
Can't remember where the keys to my Drove are.

Old 06-24-2016, 06:50 PM

8,323 posts, read 6,412,530 times
I read about businesses leaving in the paper daily. And we all know why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California