Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 07:27 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,546,640 times

Advertisements

I assume you're looking in Northern California, not So Cal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 12:21 PM

32 posts, read 45,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
^ Yet they keep trying. Futile.
Anything futile if you're willing to give up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
Is a condo ok?
Condo is ok but I would prefer like a townhouse. Unless the condo is in a fantastic neighborhood or has great views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
What's your definition of "great weather"?
70-85 in summer, would not want 80-90 humid though like Florida yuck.
55-65 in winter

Moral of the story is just got out of a 7 year relationship, been living in the Canadian prairies considering moving back to the US. My Dad is looking to retire in 2 years and it would be nice to see him. I'm sick of winter, snow, all that bs. I'm a US citizen so is my Dad so don't worry there that's not a factor. But I'd like to live somewhere that feels like I'm in perpetual vacation so I can enjoy life all year round not just 3 months out of the year.

Old 07-20-2016, 12:36 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumbus View Post
Anything futile if you're willing to give up.

Condo is ok but I would prefer like a townhouse. Unless the condo is in a fantastic neighborhood or has great views.

70-85 in summer, would not want 80-90 humid though like Florida yuck.
55-65 in winter

Moral of the story is just got out of a 7 year relationship, been living in the Canadian prairies considering moving back to the US. My Dad is looking to retire in 2 years and it would be nice to see him. I'm sick of winter, snow, all that bs. I'm a US citizen so is my Dad so don't worry there that's not a factor. But I'd like to live somewhere that feels like I'm in perpetual vacation so I can enjoy life all year round not just 3 months out of the year.
Are you handy with a hammer? I've seen some real beaters go for a lot cheaper but you'll need to use your labor.

Old 07-20-2016, 01:54 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,043,863 times
How about these:

Ventura Condos for Sale and Ventura, CA Townhomes for Sale - realtor.com®

Old 07-20-2016, 03:36 PM

32 posts, read 45,737 times
Oh here's a question where are other places like San Mariano? This place is like f'ing East Germany meets a Republican club. Seriously you're not supposed to park your car on your driveway, they monitor noise from tennis courts, leaf blowers can violate noise ordinances, there can be too much light coming from your house, like wtf! Seriously who honestly goes around enforcing this crap you have to be just some anal insane person to even enact these into law. http://www.ci.san-marino.ca.us/Docum...Home/View/1265

Old 07-20-2016, 04:28 PM

14,311 posts, read 11,702,283 times
San Marino is a very small, expensive enclave. All the homes are valued at about $2 million or more. That's why they have these rules; the people who live there like it that way. If you lived in a San Marino estate, you wouldn't want to hear leaf blowers every day either.

You don't have to worry about such laws in an "affordable" area.

Old 07-20-2016, 04:49 PM

478 posts, read 691,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Yes, the Sacramento region - best bargain in CA.

Davis, CA.

Folsom, CA.

Roseville, CA.

Sacramento, CA (stay in the nice area)

Good luck.

in "norcal" i guess you can say yes its the best bargain. but it's not cheap if someone is looking for brand new. i looked around and new detached SFH in the sac area at at least near 400K starting for the smallest plan. one looking to get at least 4bd 2000 sq on a new home there is easy $400K. i guess thats still a good deal considering it will be nice and new, if you work in the area.

Old 07-20-2016, 06:20 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,546,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo666 View Post
You should try Arizona. Lot's of cheap places, if you stay out of the large metros then little crime or pollution, sunny most of the year.
I'm sure the OP knows to post in the Arizona or Phoenix threads if that's what they're looking for, but they aren't.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:43 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,875,368 times
To the OP:

The Most Affordable Areas of California are located in the Central Valley....The Central Valley is large and has Hot Dry Summers,but the summers are not as bad as either Las Vegas or Phoenix in my opinion.

I live in The Bakersfield Area,and I've moved down here over 10 years ago from Washington State and I really love living down here,though there are those who don't like Bakersfield or The Central Valley,but everybody has their own preferences.

The Central Valley has many nice affordable safe communities,you just have to travel around and get the feel of each area to see what's more to your liking,because it can vary a lot from one area to the next.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:54 PM

375 posts, read 609,852 times
Given the ideal year-round coastal temps you're wanting, you will be hard pressed to find anything very nice and affordable in So Cal. Check RE listings for Ventura County cities of Oxnard, Port Hueneme, Ventura.

Here are some in Oxnard between $175K-$350K if you don't mind living near the Naval Base.

Oxnard Condos for Sale and Oxnard, CA Townhomes for Sale - realtor.com®
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California