Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 03:37 PM

95 posts, read 82,626 times

Advertisements

Hi to you all I am new here and I wanted a little help

I will travel to the United States to study English language and was the preferred choice of California

But I was confused a lot to choose where

I do not know any of them the best of San Francisco or Los Angeles

For this I hope to help me in it if possible

I love San Francisco so much, but I find it's very expensive but San Francisco like I feel it is an attractive and quiet city

This will greatly help study

Los Angeles, as well as beautiful, but hot weather where much like my country very much EmiratesLos Angeles feel it disturbing too much but where recreational places more and I think this will help to study to know that I love very much enjoy

greetings to you all

Excuse me for spelling mistakes, because I type from Google
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 04:56 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,046,521 times
San Francisco is best if you don't buy a car.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:57 PM

thank you dear I appreciate this

Old 07-27-2016, 11:27 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Where will you be studying English--what type of school/college? SF is expensive, but if you can afford it, then that might be best. Otherwise, you could live across the Bay in Berkeley, and perhaps find an Eng. language program there, or take public transit to SF. Berkeley is not so urban as SF, and it might be easier to make friends (I saw your other thread where you were asking about that). The weather around the Bay tends to be cool in the summers, especially in SF, and Berkeley or Oakland.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Where will you be studying English--what type of school/college? SF is expensive, but if you can afford it, then that might be best. Otherwise, you could live across the Bay in Berkeley, and perhaps find an Eng. language program there, or take public transit to SF. Berkeley is not so urban as SF, and it might be easier to make friends (I saw your other thread where you were asking about that). The weather around the Bay tends to be cool in the summers, especially in SF, and Berkeley or Oakland.
Thank you very much

I do not care about the costs of the institute because the Ministry of Education in my country pay and not me

*and give me weekly $ 3000 a comprehensive housing

For this reason I do not care to housing, but the care of other life, because I want to spend more time with people abroad in order to gain more relationships and talk more in order to benefit more

Berkeley did not like very much because one of the friends studied there and told me they resemble residential neighborhoods of New York and it has a lot of problems

But I will not judge until I see with my own eyes

I watched a lot of videos from the San Francisco it more exciting and what I like the atmosphere and coasts medium cold and heat that makes it a special place

And I love this city especially after watching film The Age of Adaline

Old 07-27-2016, 02:34 PM

Berkeley is like residential NYC? No. SF is actually more like that. But fine, you seem to have your heart set on SF and can afford it, so go for it! When will you be in school there, btw? Is this a summer program, or what is it? Summer will definitely be cooler than LA. Winter will also be colder, be aware.

Old 07-28-2016, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Berkeley is like residential NYC? No. SF is actually more like that. But fine, you seem to have your heart set on SF and can afford it, so go for it! When will you be in school there, btw? Is this a summer program, or what is it? Summer will definitely be cooler than LA. Winter will also be colder, be aware.
I will be there at the end of November

I love winter Therefore I love San Francisco

After the completion of the institute. I hope you're talking to university study there too, but we will see

Im happy with your comment thanks again

Old 07-28-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasserbbk View Post
I will be there at the end of November

I love winter Therefore I love San Francisco

After the completion of the institute. I hope you're talking to university study there too, but we will see

Im happy with your comment thanks again
I must warn you, that although San Francisco in some ways is a jewel of a city, sadly, it has become a tarnished jewel. There is a serious problem with many homeless people, and the city is not as clean as it once was. You may be shocked. Still, there are many interesting neighborhoods to explore, museums, the ocean, spectacular views of the Bay from the many hills in town, large parks, and much more to enjoy. Focus on the positive.

Also, outside the city, if you can rent a car, there is more natural beauty to explore: redwood forests (you MUST see these!), beautiful coastline and beaches, interesting historical sites, and so forth. I hope you take maximum advantage of the opportunity your visit presents.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:43 AM

Quote:
I must warn you, that although San Francisco in some ways is a jewel of a city, sadly, it has become a tarnished jewel. There is a serious problem with many homeless people, and the city is not as clean as it once was. You may be shocked. Still, there are many interesting neighborhoods to explore, museums, the ocean, spectacular views of the Bay from the many hills in town, large parks, and much more to enjoy. Focus on the positive.

Also, outside the city, if you can rent a car, there is more natural beauty to explore: redwood forests (you MUST see these!), beautiful coastline and beaches, interesting historical sites, and so forth. I hope you take maximum advantage of the opportunity your visit presents.

Thank you for this observation in fact I expect it's a very clean city other than New York

Yes it is true that made me chose San Francisco is the presence of beautiful gardens and beautiful natural scenery

Every day I watch the San Fransico in YouTube and search for the best places to relax and adventures

But over what grieves the heart is watching the families of the homeless on the streets looking for food that something very sad especially children

Old 07-29-2016, 07:50 AM

But does the reality of what I hear about San Francisco is the biggest city in the world where homosexuals?

I hope that can not happen like what happened to the people of sodomites when im wil be there

I will be the worst person in the world hahahaahahh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California