Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 04:54 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,346,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I want to get out of here as soon as feasible. I have a few entanglements here right now, but in the near-ish future I'd like to leave. Ca is nice weather wise and things to do, but you find other places that offer similar sorta lifestyles without all of the con's of Ca.

California is probably going to the first state in the nation that is going to have the largest and most visible lack of middle class here. We're getting in too large of an influx of poor and unskilled labor, not PC to say, but screw it, it's the fact. You get people making 12 bucks an hour and having 3 or more kids in the system and they also tend to get assistance as well from the government such as SNAP. The middle is starting to see the writing on the wall along with the political policies that has consistently encouraged business to leave.

Not sure who's going to be left to pay for it all if you get enough middle class and wealthy people leaving.
You might want to check all those declarations you just made against actual facts Chow. Statistics show it's the poor who are leaving California. I wish everyone would leave - especially the wealthy. But, alas, I have to share the place. You also don't seem to have a clue about how welfare works, who's eligible, for how long they can receive how much (I should say how little ... on average it's a few hundred a month for less than two years in a lifetime now). Oh, and SNAP is a U.S. Dept of Agriculture program to subsidize farmers crops - not even run by Welfare. Then there's the fact that the illegals from south of the border you seem to be referring to, are having fewer and fewer kids these days - and have been leaving California at a higher rate than sneaking in. Speaking of farmers, it's becoming a real problem getting field help.

Carry on now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 04:59 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
I want to get out of here as soon as feasible. I have a few entanglements here right now, but in the near-ish future I'd like to leave. Ca is nice weather wise and things to do, but you find other places that offer similar sorta lifestyles without all of the con's of Ca.

California is probably going to the first state in the nation that is going to have the largest and most visible lack of middle class here. We're getting in too large of an influx of poor and unskilled labor, not PC to say, but screw it, it's the fact. You get people making 12 bucks an hour and having 3 or more kids in the system and they also tend to get assistance as well from the government such as SNAP. The middle is starting to see the writing on the wall along with the political policies that has consistently encouraged business to leave.

Not sure who's going to be left to pay for it all if you get enough middle class and wealthy people leaving.
If you are lower middle class or just middle class and you did not buy years ago, it is getting harder to stay in the area. However while some poor are moving in, most come from the existing populace. In addition the rich, either from the US or foreign Countries, do pay more of the taxes, so the State while expensive wil keep working. LA or OC it will get worse as to quality of life. In other coastal counties, aside form the Bay area, it is better and will not be like LA/OC for many years to come.

I moved out 7 years ago to a beautiful low cost of living area. Unfortunately my Doc now says I need to live by one coast or the other. Either Central East Coast FL or SoCal. WE re looking in both areas. I prefer SoCal when I retire, but cost will play a large part and I can buy similar homes mear the coast in FL for 2/3 to 1/3 the cost for the same hiome in SoCal and lower COL. However there are more things to do in SoCal and since I was born and raised there, I may end up back in SoCal. Many things are a pain and why we left, but .... my wife nearly caused a heart attack for me when she said she would like to move back, if near the coast. Sooo we are looking there also.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:56 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,986,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
You might want to check all those declarations you just made against actual facts Chow. Statistics show it's the poor who are leaving California. I wish everyone would leave - especially the wealthy. But, alas, I have to share the place.
This is the most confusing part of your post. You seem to defend leftist agendas all over the California forum, yet you actually want the population of California to decrease (or at least stabilize). You do know that's against the leftist agenda in California right? So you're literally fighting against your own desires.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:59 AM

Quote:

Yup.

All you have to look at is California's Top 5 U6 employment measurement. We haven't had a U6 this high EVER. I also think it's under reported. If the leftist agenda in California continues it will be 1 percenters (hollywood celebs, leftist millionaires, etc), union workers, and minimum wage earners. The middle class will cease to exist. It will be a hollowed out economy that would make Detroit blush.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
This is the most confusing part of your post. You seem to defend leftist agendas all over the California forum, yet you actually want the population of California to decrease (or at least stabilize). You do know that's against the leftist agenda in California right? So you're literally fighting against your own desires.
I don't support any leftist agendas. I support pragmatic, scientifically supported, logically reasoned realities. If the left agrees with me at times, that's purely coincidental. "They" live by ideology. I live by logic and science. Large societies suck and are essentially near impossible to manage ideologically. That is antithetical to "leftist" thinking right there.

We don't have a water problem. Don't have an economic problem. No housing shortage. There is no infrastructure problem. There's no employment problem. No pollution problem. There is only an overpopulation problem. Solve that root problem and all the others disappear.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:15 AM

Quote:
I don't support any leftist agendas. I support pragmatic, scientifically supported, logically reasoned realities. If the left agrees with me at times, that's purely coincidental. "They" live by ideology. I live by logic and science. Large societies suck and are essentially near impossible to manage ideologically. That is antithetical to "leftist" thinking right there.

We don't have a water problem. Don't have an economic problem. No housing shortage. There is no infrastructure problem. There's no employment problem. No pollution problem. There is only an overpopulation problem. Solve that root problem and all the others disappear.
ACA was scientifically supported and logically reasoned?

ObamaCare was pretty much the epitome of leftist force fed policy!

I could go on and on. TPP, NAFTA, Open Borders, Sanctuary Cities. These are all the opposite of pragmatic, and scientifically supported.

Quote:
There is only an overpopulation problem. Solve that root problem and all the others disappear.
So you'll be voting Republican now?

Old 11-14-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
ACA was scientifically supported and logically reasoned?

ObamaCare was pretty much the epitome of leftist force fed policy!

I could go on and on. TPP, NAFTA, Open Borders, Sanctuary Cities. These are all the opposite of pragmatic, and scientifically supported.

So you'll be voting Republican now?
You are an hilariously incompetent debater

I didn't say I supported the ACA. I don't.

I also have never voiced any support for TPP, NAFTA, Open Borders - although I very much support sanctuary cities, as do most police departments, and for the same reasons they do. Speaking of logical decisions.

And I don't support ANY ideologies, including the ignorant GOP.

All I do is expose BS in various posts. I don't watch tee-vee. This is my entertainment.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
You are an hilariously incompetent debater

I didn't say I supported the ACA. I don't.

I also have never voiced any support for TPP, NAFTA, Open Borders - although I very much support sanctuary cities, as do most police departments, and for the same reasons they do. Speaking of logical decisions.

And I don't support ANY ideologies, including the ignorant GOP.

All I do is expose BS in various posts. I don't watch tee-vee. This is my entertainment.
Except you went into my ACA thread and "tried" to extol the virtues of ACA on rates until of course you were proven wrong when the 2017 rate increases came out.

Now you're trying to dance the back pedal two step!

It's very entertaining though, so I have to thank you for the entertainment.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Except you went into my ACA thread and "tried" to extol the virtues of ACA on rates until of course you were proven wrong when the 2017 rate increases came out.

Now you're trying to dance the back pedal two step!

It's very entertaining though, so I have to thank you for the entertainment.
I haven't extolled ACA's virtues at all. I have pointed out your total BS. My comments have been strictly limited to relative cost increases over time. It was a reasonable step to stanch the runaway healthcare industry - for a moment. Now they've regained their composure and are attacking the system anew. And we are back to facing the reality that for a large society such as we are, single-payer is the only sane solution.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:41 AM

Quote:
I haven't extolled ACA's virtues at all. I have pointed out your total BS. My comments have been strictly limited to relative cost increases over time. It was a reasonable step to stanch the runaway healthcare industry - for a moment. Now they've regained their composure and are attacking the system anew. And we are back to facing the reality that for a large society such as we are, single-payer is the only sane solution.
"relative cost increases over time"

What does that even mean? Are you adjusting for inflation? Are you using snap shots of time or just pure annual increases?

I don't think you know what you're actually trying to describe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California