Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 11:52 AM

21,738 posts, read 16,350,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
"relative cost increases over time"

What does that even mean? Are you adjusting for inflation? Are you using snap shots of time or just pure annual increases?

I don't think you know what you're actually trying to describe.
Now why would I explain any further what "relative cost increases over time" means if you don't understand now? That really couldn't be more basic. I have explained and re explained and re explained. Blather on with your attempts at intentionally obtuse obfuscation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 11:59 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,987,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Now why would I explain any further what "relative cost increases over time" means if you don't understand now? That really couldn't be more basic. I have explained and re explained and re explained. Blather on with your attempts at intentionally obtuse obfuscation.
No I'm serious. Can you explain first what you're measuring, then two, post actual data versus the ACA increases.

Because every data source of relevance shows that ACA increases for 2017 are some of the biggest health care increases in the past 2 decades.

I await your well researched and data backed retort!

Old 11-14-2016, 12:10 PM

Quote:
No I'm serious. Can you explain first what you're measuring, then two, post actual data versus the ACA increases.

Because every data source of relevance shows that ACA increases for 2017 are some of the biggest health care increases in the past 2 decades.

I await your well researched and data backed retort!
Already explained and re-explained. Also self evident. You are babbling. You should stop and get back to managing that fictitious $10+ million dollar company of yours.

Old 11-14-2016, 12:13 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,987,805 times
Quote:
Already explained and re-explained. Also self evident. You are babbling. You should stop and get back to managing that fictitious $10+ million dollar company of yours.
Just the response I expected. Thanks for proving my point.

Old 11-14-2016, 12:28 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
You should stop and get back to managing that fictitious $10+ million dollar company of yours.
That would be nice. We only wish...

Old 11-14-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Just the response I expected. Thanks for proving my point.
Brotherman, the only thing you have ever proved since you first started posting on the CD Forum pages is that you might be a good candidate for some kind of intervention services. You have presented yourself as an entrepreneurial owner operator of a $10 million + annual revenue company with 70 + employees on a million dollar payroll - all which you moved out of state. Um, but you can't even follow a rational, coherent line of reasoning for more than a post or two. Every time you post some specious, ill-founded garbage and someone calls it out clearly, you jump ship to irrelevant points not in play. Not hardly the sign of a multi-million dollar entrepreneurial manager, eh?

I now return this thread to its regularly scheduled topic.

Old 12-04-2016, 10:36 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,168,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
Yep everyone I know that moved to Texas only stay for about 3 yrs then if they can afford too, they move back to Cali. Sure you will save money here but you in no way can make up for the quality of life that Cali has to offer.

Texas has nothing to offer and is inferior to other larger cities but people like to hype up Texas because the cost of living is relative cheap however it has greatly increased since I moved here 3 yrs ago and the prices keep climbing. Meanwhile the salaries are still very low compared to other major cities, so as quiet as it's kept it's really not that cheap here. After you actually live here and factor all of things, you quickly realize you haven't really gained much by moving here and you were better off where you were especially if you're a Black professional.

It's always funny when people throw around move to Texas and save all this money because it's never from people that actually live in Texas. So I always respond with okay so why haven't you moved there yet?

As fact of the matter is no one wants to leave Cali and move to Texas, also people who are moving from Cali to Texas for jobs might want to think that through very carefully as I know 3 people that moved from Cali to Texas and were laid off after a year. So much for Texas being a place for job security, newsflash it's not! Employment has always been better in Cali.
What's wrong with Texas? Also you do realize Texas has a higher black population than California so there's a good chance a black person can have a great career especially in Houston or DFW.

Old 12-04-2016, 10:55 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
In Mexico I met Mexicans who used to live in the US. If you work in California and save up money, do to the exchange rate with the dollar you'll have a lot of money anywhere in Latin America. Places like SF and LA will always have people coming and going for all sorts of reasons.

California became extremely expensive, but some of the interior parts of the country, like the West and the MidWest have become ridiculously cheap. So cheap that might be smart to buy there or go there and invest and operate a business.

They say for investing buy low and sell high. Well if you didn't already buy in California 20 years ago, you missed the boat in the coastal areas. For people with the money that firefighters, cops, teachers, and the like make, you might have to inherit from your parents to be able to have a home (which some people clearly do).

The other thing is people like to move around in general for all sorts of reasons. Maybe some people are tired of all that sun and want snow. Maybe other people want humidity. Maybe others just want a change.

Old 12-11-2016, 11:27 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,226,677 times
Americans never asked (or were asked for their approval) , to be replaced by Third World foreigners in the nation their ancestors created.

It was foisted on us by subversive commies like Ted Kennedy.

Old 12-12-2016, 01:42 PM

406 posts, read 348,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Americans never asked (or were asked for their approval) , to be replaced by Third World foreigners in the nation their ancestors created.

It was foisted on us by subversive commies like Ted Kennedy.
I wonder if native Americans asked to be replaced?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California