Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 05:52 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,286,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by checksinthemail View Post
You almost have to live there to understand it. I am Mexican-American and lived in Socal for 15 years and worked for many years for Medicare Advantage insurance companies as a salesman. I saw how people that came in from other countries could come to this country as adults or even senior citizens and qualify for every freebie that the welfare state had to offer. It is unfair that low income foreigners who don't work anywhere the years of a native born American worker get to qualify for all of the goodies while our senior citizens are forced to scrimp and save for their expenses. California attracts too many government-dependent immigrants.
Its the state and local govts fault. the federal govt. wont give a dime to immigrants whether legal or illegal. that's why you cant draw SS if you didn't pay 10 yrs worth of premium. HUD also don't give subsidy to those w/o ss (illegals)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2016, 07:42 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
Its the state and local govts fault. the federal govt. wont give a dime to immigrants whether legal or illegal. that's why you cant draw SS if you didn't pay 10 yrs worth of premium. HUD also don't give subsidy to those w/o ss (illegals)
No it is the voters fault that elected the politicians.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:39 PM

4 posts, read 2,332 times
Why can’t we just be humans and not label ppl by their races? This thread is a bit disturbing...

Old 09-18-2018, 10:00 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,575,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia775 View Post
Family and combined income.

It's not unusual for Asians to stay together and live with extended families, probably no different with South Americans.

I know people who have three generations living in a household or those who bought a 2 bedroom house that now has 4 bedrooms. Some people just make do and compromise to not have to move.

I've seen quite a few garages turned into a bedroom and cars parked 4 to a driveway or even in the former front yard.

Old 09-19-2018, 06:26 AM

716 posts, read 539,476 times
first off builders are now building multigenerational housing for asians and others - look in Mira loma-

2nd - as a white who left- we could have stayed here but we just got sick and tired of the crap here- fees for this and that 12% taxes after we took all the risk - the illegals and all the crap they bring, the free crap given to those lazy pos who dont deserve it but the libs politicians tell us it has to be

the traffic, the rude people, crime, gun control, how about the fact that in our old school district they have 20 plus languages because the immigrants dont want to assimilate and dont want to

the gas tax that the robbers in sacramento shoved down our throats, or 75 bucks to park your rv at the beach, the bs 15 min wage for hamburger flippers - yes we left and alot of our friends are too- welfare out of control - jerry you can KISS MY ASS you aint going to get another cent from me

Old 09-19-2018, 09:39 AM

21,734 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoolu View Post
first off builders are now building multigenerational housing for asians and others - look in Mira loma-

2nd - as a white who left- we could have stayed here but we just got sick and tired of the crap here- fees for this and that 12% taxes after we took all the risk - the illegals and all the crap they bring, the free crap given to those lazy pos who dont deserve it but the libs politicians tell us it has to be

the traffic, the rude people, crime, gun control, how about the fact that in our old school district they have 20 plus languages because the immigrants dont want to assimilate and dont want to

the gas tax that the robbers in sacramento shoved down our throats, or 75 bucks to park your rv at the beach, the bs 15 min wage for hamburger flippers - yes we left and alot of our friends are too- welfare out of control - jerry you can KISS MY ASS you aint going to get another cent from me
Wow! You earn over a million a year? ... because thet’re the only people paying at the 12% bracket. And most people earning a million a year don’t crab and kvetch on anonymous internet forums like you do. Huh.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:15 AM

716 posts, read 539,476 times
first off what i earn is not the issue - it is what the a holes in Sacramento take - then add in the feds and the obmma care fees - its almost 50%- thats is unfair no matter how much one earns

2nd just because one make a few bucks does not mean they are going to accept the stealing of hard earned income and not ***** or do something about it - i voted with my feet - and won't give another nickel to those commie bast(U&(&(* in sacramento

and god bless our country that allows a milkman son get ahead -

Old 09-19-2018, 10:22 AM

21,734 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoolu View Post
first off what i earn is not the issue - it is what the a holes in Sacramento take - then add in the feds and the obmma care fees - its almost 50%- thats is unfair no matter how much one earns

2nd just because one make a few bucks does not mean they are going to accept the stealing of hard earned income and not ***** or do something about it - i voted with my feet - and won't give another nickel to those commie bast(U&(&(* in sacramento

and god bless our country that allows a milkman son get ahead -
Well, what you earn IS kinda part of the issue here since you are complaining about 12% tax bracketing ... which bracket only applies to earners bringing in over a cool million annually. And if you are one of those yearly millionaires, you’ve just pretty much lost your audience’s sympathy here.

California has more tax bracketing than almost any state in the union ... so low and mid income earners don’t get creamed on average any more than they would in most other states.

Kvetch on in rage!

Old 09-19-2018, 10:27 AM

130,170 posts, read 12,093,129 times
Who says whites & blacks are leaving the state? I know of one woman who moved to Oregon, & moved back to CA because it is better.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:07 AM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickChat View Post
Why can’t we just be humans and not label ppl by their races? This thread is a bit disturbing...
If you find it disturbing, why did you revive it? It was an old thread that died two years ago.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California