Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 12:23 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,501,354 times

Advertisements

Just relax and enjoy the show - we're "too big to fail"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 12:39 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,505,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelva View Post
Just relax and enjoy the show - we're "too big to fail"

Old 01-05-2017, 05:59 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,334 times
California economics was in dire straights the last time we had a Republican in control. Funny how this is all forgotten.

Old 01-05-2017, 06:52 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
California economics was in dire straights the last time we had a Republican in control. Funny how this is all forgotten.
Aah but the Dems controlled the legislature then and nothing has changed there now.

Old 01-05-2017, 06:57 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Aah but the Dems controlled the legislature then and nothing has changed there now.
California's trouble maker (R) is now hawking video games. Things are much better.

Old 01-05-2017, 07:21 AM

626 posts, read 626,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
California's trouble maker (R) is now hawking video games. Things are much better.
Have you actually looked at the budget lately? They are drawing to much of the tax revenue from the same people they are disenfranchising, which is causing them to move out of state. The majority of the tax revenue comes from the 1% who are "paying their fair share" and the middle class. At the same time pushing more taxes unto the middle class to help pay for stupid things like the train to nowhere, protecting illegals, and paying for the pension system. All the while the same Liberal Coastal Elites that are taxing people feel that they should secede from the USA. Yeah good luck with that since the Feds help pay more than a quarter of the state's budget just right off the top.

I just hope I am out of the state before it goes under.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:03 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,672,505 times
Plenty of those with means have voted with their feet...

Met an interesting couple recently... they State of residence is Alaska for 6 months and a day... winter is on their ranch near Carmel... it makes perfect sense based on taxes.

Even more modest State retirees have left... a lot of my friends are retired Law Enforcement and all 12 have taken themselves and their pensions and left the State.

Maybe it is just me... but I think Diversity has been overplayed... much prefer Unity...

In my life I had never experienced unity until the aftermath 9/11... it really was remarkable at all levels.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfx1024 View Post
Have you actually looked at the budget lately? They are drawing to much of the tax revenue from the same people they are disenfranchising, which is causing them to move out of state. The majority of the tax revenue comes from the 1% who are "paying their fair share" and the middle class. At the same time pushing more taxes unto the middle class to help pay for stupid things like the train to nowhere, protecting illegals, and paying for the pension system. All the while the same Liberal Coastal Elites that are taxing people feel that they should secede from the USA. Yeah good luck with that since the Feds help pay more than a quarter of the state's budget just right off the top.

I just hope I am out of the state before it goes under.
Most people don't follow budgets. They do what they're told. CA is irrelevant on the nation stage to a large degree. For example, it voted nearly as a block for a candidate and still didn't win. And who else is with them on this Eric Holder deal? I don't see Washington state picking up the tab. Texas def isn't.

Nope, only "enlightened" CA which has sent millions of refugees to all of these states who tell people how crappy the state is is paying to defend itself from a coming call to enforce the laws.

It will have a come to Jesus. It's a titanic with a wall of debt it can never pay, population which is close to decline and a president and government bent on enforcement of law.

Old 01-05-2017, 11:11 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,745,974 times
Once again, I can count myself a proud Californian.

Old 01-05-2017, 12:13 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,823,403 times
Doesn't Brown, etal believe our new AG can handle this? This move, besides wasting taxpayer's dollars, appears to be a backhand to Becerra who has spent 24 years in DC and should be capable of taking care of business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California