Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 10:25 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,986,028 times

Advertisements

See? This is why voting has consequences. AB 109, Prop 47 and Prop 57 have created the perfect storm to release thousands of people from prison who have no business being on the streets, and now violent crime has spiked in LA for the last 3 years. I'm sure the Democrats who pushed this legislation through will conveniently ignore the facts and try to sweep this under the rug like they did with Kate Steinle's death.

Quote:
Investigators say the suspect, a 26-year-old gang member who had been released from jail only a week or 10 days ago, had killed a man earlier Monday in East Los Angeles and stolen a car, which struck another car in Whittier.
Quote:
Los Angeles County Sheriff Jim McDonnell pointed to three measures enacted in the last seven years — Propositions 47 and 57, and Assembly Bill 109 — that he said have led to the release of too many criminals without creating a proper safety net of mental health, drug rehabilitation and other services.

“We’re putting people back on the street that aren’t ready to be back on the street,” McDonnell said. He said the county jail system he runs, the largest in the nation, has become a “default state prison.”

A routine traffic stop ends with Whittier police in 'a gunfight for their lives,' leaving one veteran officer dead - LA Times

Parolee in Whittier Police Shooting A Possible Suspect In 2nd Murder « CBS Los Angeles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 10:42 AM

21,734 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Gee, a terrible thing occurred to someone in a metro area of ten's of millions of people. How strange! Let's find our favorite obsessive issue to blame for this one act and see how much outrage we can generate online.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Gee, a terrible thing occurred to someone in a metro area of ten's of millions of people. How strange! Let's find our favorite obsessive issue to blame for this one act and see how much outrage we can generate online.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration
I'm sure the Democrats who pushed this legislation through will conveniently ignore the facts and try to sweep this under the rug
As predicted!

Yeah, Sheriff Jim McDonnell is just trying to "generate outrage".

Let's hope nothing terrible happens to someone you know personally due to an early release parolee, and then have someone totally trivialize your loss online as "generating outrage". I really hope that doesn't happen to you.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Let's hope nothing terrible happens to someone you know personally due to an early release parolee, and then have someone totally trivialize your loss online. I really hope that doesn't happen.
The question here is: who's "trivializing" this? You or me? You are using this tragedy to stir up controversy for your personal pleasure of engaging in sensationalist argument on the internet. Fits your entire posting history like a self-serving glove.

Lots of terrible things have happened to lots of people I have known over the years. None by early release parolees.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
As predicted!

Yeah, Sheriff Jim McDonnell is just trying to "generate outrage".
Um, no. Not talkin bout Sheriff McDonnell. Talkin bout you, hoss.

Old 02-21-2017, 11:03 AM

Quote:
The question here is: who's "trivializing" this? You or me?
I present Exhibit A.

Quote:

Old 02-21-2017, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Um, no. Not talkin bout Sheriff McDonnell. Talkin bout you, hoss.
Uh... my viewpoint is in agreement with the Sheriff's.

Do you disagree with his viewpoint that AB109, Prop 47/57 were passed (on purely political lines I might add) without proper vetting of the effects on how it might change public safety?

Old 02-21-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Uh... my viewpoint is in agreement with the Sheriff's.

Do you disagree with his viewpoint that AB109, Prop 47/57 were passed (on purely political lines I might add) without proper vetting of the effects on how it might change public safety?
I disagree that people should troll tragedies on the internet for personal pleasure. Have a nice day.

Old 02-21-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
I disagree that people should troll tragedies on the internet for personal pleasure. Have a nice day.
I'm sorry that you strangely consider Sheriff McDonnell a troll who is speaking out against Prop 47/57 for "pleasure". He seems pretty broken up about the loss of Officer Boyer, I don't think he is feeling any pleasure over the death of this officer. The sheriff is a man who runs the largest County Jail in the nation, and has the experience and insight to speak about "early release" programs and their effects on public safety.

That being said, thank you, I am having a great day.

Old 02-21-2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry that you strangely consider Sheriff McDonnell a troll who is speaking out against Prop 47/57 for "pleasure". He seems pretty broken up about the loss of Officer Boyer, I don't think he is feeling any pleasure over the death of this officer. The sheriff is a man who runs the largest County Jail in the nation, and has the experience and insight to speak about "early release" programs and their effects on public safety.

That being said, thank you, I am having a great day.
I wasn't referring to Sheriff McDonnell, who I am sure is very broken up about the loss you are using for personal pleasure here. The Sheriff didn't start a thread on an internet forum to generate sensationalist conversation.

I'm sure you are having a great day [with this thread started]. That's my point exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California