Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 03:04 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,419,974 times

Advertisements

Too many people are not aware of Prop 63 (at least none that Ive talked to lately). I cannot believe this was voted in by Americans. My husband and I are considering joining a gun club and learning how to shoot just so we can purchase some firearms. We also can't believe this hasn't been headline news.

Proposition 63 makes gun owners get a license before buying ammo. The cost of that permit will be $50 for four years. (until California decides to up it to $200 in a year or two).

Gun owners will be forced to go through a background check every time they purchase a box of ammo. They must pay $1 for that check.

No one will be allowed to bring ammo in from another state. If caught doing so he will be prosecuted and charged with a crime.

Walmart is considering pulling their gun section out of its Californian stores rather than comply with the extra paperwork and demands.

What is the NRA supposed to do when people vote away their own rights?!

Read it for yourself.

California gun owners stock up on ammunition ahead of new regulations | The Sacramento Bee

Old 03-01-2017, 01:02 PM

12,866 posts, read 13,169,456 times
Stupid people, and stupid courts destroying the Constitution.

That is all a result of your government schools and the leftwingnuts in charge.

Old 03-01-2017, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Stupid people, and stupid courts destroying the Constitution.

That is all a result of your government schools and the leftwingnuts in charge.
My husband just learned that the liberals in the senate have been trying for years to pass legislation that would require all gun owners to purchase insurance for no less than 1/4 million dollars. Senate bill A2260.

Too much secret stuff going on that the public isn't aware of.

We've lived in rural WESTERN New York State our entire lives. It's very frustrating that NYC and its populated surroundings decides for the entire state. We fight it every election, but the liberals outnumber us. Same goes for California, I'm sure. Not every Californian is a liberal, but the state has been overrun by them, and they're stripping normal people of their rights.

How do we fight this?! Civil war?

Old 03-01-2017, 02:13 PM

17,113 posts, read 56,739,074 times
Move to a red state. You will save enough tax money to pay for the move in a few years. Cali is a lost cause, as is NYS.

Old 03-01-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Move to a red state. You will save enough tax money to pay for the move in a few years. Cali is a lost cause, as is NYS.

Our children, grandchildren, parents (elderly) and siblings are all in NY. If we leave NY, we leave everything we love. It's not as easy as people think to just up and move to another state.

We're supposed to be free in America. We're not. Not when our neighbors (representatives) can tell us how to live, and then punish us for not obeying.

Old 03-01-2017, 04:25 PM

12,866 posts, read 13,169,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
My husband just learned that the liberals in the senate have been trying for years to pass legislation that would require all gun owners to purchase insurance for no less than 1/4 million dollars. Senate bill A2260.

We've lived in rural WESTERN New York State our entire lives. It's very frustrating that NYC and its populated surroundings decides for the entire state. We fight it every election, but the liberals outnumber us. Same goes for California, I'm sure. Not every Californian is a liberal, but the state has been overrun by them, and they're stripping normal people of their rights.

There is nothing wrong with liberals.
It's the leftwingnuts that are dangerous, and they are running most of the states on both coasts

Old 03-01-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
There is nothing wrong with liberals.
It's the leftwingnuts that are dangerous, and they are running most of the states on both coasts
There's a difference between a liberal and a leftwing nut?

If there is, who do you think the liberals support and vote into office?

If you are a liberal, ScoPro, and you really think there's a difference between them and you, you need to change sides.

There really isn't any difference.

Old 03-01-2017, 05:49 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,073,816 times
Quote:

The battle is lost. Move to another State.

Old 03-01-2017, 05:53 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,073,816 times
Quote:
Our children, grandchildren, parents (elderly) and siblings are all in NY. If we leave NY, we leave everything we love. It's not as easy as people think to just up and move to another state.

We're supposed to be free in America. We're not. Not when our neighbors (representatives) can tell us how to live, and then punish us for not obeying.
That's how your masters in Albany anticipated you'd feel. Move. I had several friends in NJ and PA that moved south.

Old 03-01-2017, 06:49 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,203,106 times
Quote:

In states like New York & fast becoming States like California, the people of those states have allowed their elected officials to turn a Constitutional right, into a privilege.

I moved out of New York when I was 10, I have lived in New York, West Virginia, and now Virginia. I have lived in Virginia the longest. 30 years at this point.

I believe Virginia is a overall good balance between the law and a persons rights. Virginia is not perfect and something's don't make any sense. But I would never move back to New York at this point.

Firearms rights aside, Too much traffic, and cost of living is way too high for me in New York
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California