Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2017, 06:57 PM

26,723 posts, read 26,798,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaylaM View Post
Blah, blah, blah. The whole world used to be a better place. Such is life and California is still a wonderful place to live for many of us. Is it perfect? Of course not - and I'm sure, like everywhere, it was less crowded, less expensive and easier for many to thrive in 30 years ago.

If you're not happy here it's a big wide world out there. Choose your nirvana and move on. The b---ing gets real old on the California threads...
Amen (and worth repeating).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 10:17 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauialoha View Post
Yes, in my 66 years I've been in situations where I needed a gun exactly zero times. You know R4T, my wife and I watched the documentary on Netflix last night about Timothy McVeigh and it really gave some insight into the minds of the far right. And it's scary because you hear some of the same types of thinking expressed today - like that the government wants to take away peoples guns, or their right to their religion.

Very sad
Dave
Right, well, notice, though, that the poster specified "open carry". As if the prohibition of that were chaffing on him, and made CA inhospitable to him. If it were simply about "having a gun when you needed one", concealed carry would suffice, right? But no, he wants open carry, for some reason. Why would anyone need that? And, back to topic, is the absence of open carry permits keeping CA from being great? Hardly.

Old 06-27-2017, 10:42 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,180,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Right, well, notice, though, that the poster specified "open carry". As if the prohibition of that were chaffing on him, and made CA inhospitable to him. If it were simply about "having a gun when you needed one", concealed carry would suffice, right? But no, he wants open carry, for some reason. Why would anyone need that? And, back to topic, is the absence of open carry permits keeping CA from being great? Hardly.

I'm not a chaffing male I'm female and you put way too much anger on me. You said all your friends are perfectly happy with the gun laws here and I said there are strong laws against open carry here. I don't even have a gun and I don't care one way or another I was just pointing out not all gun owners are thrilled with your nirvana CA. Sheesh

Old 06-27-2017, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
You don't know what you are talking about when it comes to guns. You demonstrated that when you posted on the thread about the guy who shot the intruders in Ok that outnumbered him 3 to 1 and had black maskes on. I challenged one of you posts as did others and you didn't have an answer and just kept improvising along.

If you were part of the gun community in Ca you would know better than to say they are happy.
The new laws are forcing them to spend money to modify their guns to meet Ca standards, no where else has these standards. They are also forcing them to give up their magazines over 10 rounds, but not giving them a very easy way to do it. Easily a financial loss for them.
They are also making ammo purchases much more difficult and costly.
Anything else I will listen to you on, but when it come to guns you need to stop posting about things you know very little about.
Many (not all) people on that thread kept missing the fact (in spite of my repeated clarification) that my point was that states have different laws. Blanket statements do not apply across all 50 states, and my statements pertained only to certain states, including CA, btw.

RE: "the gun community" (as if it's a big monolithic hive-type group)needing to modify their guns; that depends on what kind of guns they have. The gun owners in my family don't have a problem. Not everyone "needs" or wants automatic or semi-automatic weapons, you know. But ok--people who want that are miffed with the new law. That's a fraction of CA gun owners, though. CA isn't a good match for those people, then. You're right. Interesting that you assume all gun owners would be disgruntled, though.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 06-27-2017 at 03:44 PM..

Old 06-27-2017, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I'm not a chaffing male I'm female and you put way too much anger on me. You said all your friends are perfectly happy with the gun laws here and I said there are strong laws against open carry here. I don't even have a gun and I don't care one way or another I was just pointing out not all gun owners are thrilled with your nirvana CA. Sheesh
Angry, moi? You misunderstood my post. I was explaining that my earlier question re: why anyone would need open carry was not about whether anyone would need guns at all. It was specifically about open carry. But thanks for clarifying. Clarification always helps!

Old 06-27-2017, 08:43 PM

60 posts, read 62,284 times
California was a red state not even that long ago...

Thats what decades of illegal immigrants do...great isnt it

Old 06-27-2017, 09:01 PM

42,846 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobinvans View Post
California was a red state not even that long ago...
Thats what decades of illegal immigrants do...great isnt it
illegal immigrants turned California blue...umm yeah, sure thing

Old 06-27-2017, 09:10 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,426,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
What are you blind, of coarse they did.

Old 06-28-2017, 10:37 AM

60 posts, read 62,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Yea, that's exactly what I'm saying because it's true

Conservatives don't even bother voting in Cali anymore....the millions of illegals that have invade California have all but assured its economic destruction, it's a broke state. Just a matter of time now.

I for one will enjoy watching it's collapse from my TV in Montana

Old 06-28-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
What are you blind, of coarse they did.
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California