Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 05:16 PM

437 posts, read 811,378 times

Advertisements

Universal health care becomes a real possibility in the Golden State - by alix-rosenthal - The San Francisco Examiner

California lawmakers introduce single-payer health care plan today

As usual California is the progressive State is debating to provide universal healthcare Senate Bill 562’s for all .

After the Congress got rid of affordable health care and millions might lose health care coverage due to their anti social care policy.

Yes, I am aware we are going to pay more taxes but the bottom line is we are already paying more taxes in CA and not getting decent health care coverage from the greedy insurance providers or worse those people working part time no healthcare for them .

Please share your thoughts ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2017, 05:25 PM

23,535 posts, read 24,029,400 times
We've needed healthcare for all citizens for decades. All modern industrialized countries have such a system. Our healthcare costs are out of control and the elected officials (so far) have not been able to manage the rising costs. I say yes, but I don't know how all the costs will be borne.

Old 05-24-2017, 05:27 PM

992 posts, read 876,254 times
I love it. Personally, my ideal bill would still include private insurance competition, with vouchers covering the cost of the insurance handed out, with consumers left to choose between insurers.

Old 05-24-2017, 05:29 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,287,395 times
we already have universal healthcare, whether you have insurance or not. the only catch is that, you must have no assets/don't earn that much so that the hospitals wont bother billing/collecting from you.

Old 05-24-2017, 05:29 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,823,491 times
It will never pass. Over 90% of the people in CA already have some form of health insurance. Whatever plan the government cooks up will be a downgrade for all of those people as Obamacare already proved. Do you really think those 90% are going to vote for something that raises their taxes and also foces them to pay for illegal immigrant's health care and doesn't offer a benefit to them. It will be an easy and overwhelming no vote just like in Colorado

Old 05-24-2017, 05:30 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inter441 View Post
Universal health care becomes a real possibility in the Golden State - by alix-rosenthal - The San Francisco Examiner

California lawmakers introduce single-payer health care plan today

As usual California is the progressive State is debating to provide universal healthcare Senate Bill 562’s for all .

After the Congress got rid of affordable health care and millions might lose health care coverage due to their anti social care policy.

Yes, I am aware we are going to pay more taxes but the bottom line is we are already paying more taxes in CA and not getting decent health care coverage from the greedy insurance providers or worse those people working part time no healthcare for them .

Please share your thoughts ?
While it is true Health Insurance Companies focus on money one of the real problems is that they cannot compete across State lines in the AHC plan, though outside it they can. Lack of competition does not help.

However do expect the costs to go up either in the premiums or taxes as there is no way on earth to bring costs down, so either way it will keep costing more and delivering less.

Old 05-24-2017, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Western Urbanite View Post
I love it. Personally, my ideal bill would still include private insurance competition, with vouchers covering the cost of the insurance handed out, with consumers left to choose between insurers.

Yes , same here , or dedicated from the payroll e.g. part of Medicare

Old 05-24-2017, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
we already have universal healthcare, whether you have insurance or not. the only catch is that, you must have no assets/don't earn that much so that the hospitals wont bother billing/collecting from you.

Not that easy , trust me hospitals even hire collection agency just to get their money back .

Old 05-24-2017, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
We've needed healthcare for all citizens for decades. All modern industrialized countries have such a system. Our healthcare costs are out of control and the elected officials (so far) have not been able to manage the rising costs. I say yes, but I don't know how all the costs will be borne.
Taxes or payroll taxes employers and employees share the cost kind of like healthcare insurance .

Old 05-24-2017, 05:53 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,287,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inter441 View Post
Not that easy , trust me hospitals even hire collection agency just to get their money back .
I said, you must not have assets or must not earn that much. what can they do if you can not pay? or no assets to attach/levy? sue? nobody goes to jail by not paying debt. attorneys will tell you its not worth the effort.

anyway, hospitals and insurance companies always have a way to cover for those uninsured. they jack up their prices for you and me who have health insurance. its just part of doing business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California