Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2020, 02:16 AM

216 posts, read 126,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViFitzgerald View Post
The majority of the country is quite pleased with the tax cut. Those are the ones they'll be looking for in regards to vote. CA doesn't matter to them at all. And if Republican seats are lost in CA, so be it. In the grand scheme of things, it means nothing.
There we go. And this is why all the Republican congress members just got wiped out in Orange County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2020, 06:11 AM

26,574 posts, read 26,433,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC4life View Post
Sorry, for some reason I thought this was a thread about the "Federal Income Tax Proposal" and its effect on me as a Californian.

Were you under the impression this was a thread about something else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC4life View Post
You can try your snake oil salesmen routine somewhere else.
He has to try it here because it didn't work in Alaska.

Old 01-10-2020, 07:52 AM

456 posts, read 234,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Okay I will reword it. People who have their taxes increased by this change in the law are overwhelmingly blaming the people who changed the law. And the people who changed the law stupidly assumed they would somehow blame their own state for it instead. And to top it off, this change affected a lot of Republicans in suburbs who then flipped to the Dems in 2018. California used to have the 3rd highest number of republicans in congress until this bright idea was hatched. Any clarification needed?
The tax changes helped most people. That is not arguable so your point is moot

Old 01-10-2020, 08:35 AM

21,564 posts, read 16,062,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViFitzgerald View Post
Thank you to the both of you for proving my point. A couple of posters that are so foolish that they think their little neck of the woods is so special in the grand scheme of things. Headline...it's not. It's much more important, to the chagrin of both of you, to keep the majority of the country happy and look at the bigger picture. Rarely does any party control all 3 branches of the gov't. They have the Presidency and the Senate (and they picked up seats in the Senate). And of the states up for grabs in the Senate in 2020, the Republican party has improved their positions in most (going from likely to safe or toss up to lean). So no, they won't be losing the Senate any time soon (another dumb comment). If you're Republican and thinking you're going to get ahead in a high COL state, you're delusional.

Republicans didn't lose the House because of the tax cut. If anything, it was their lack of some sort of alternative health care plan. The majority are quite pleased with the tax plan. At some point, you'll get out of your bubble and figure it out.

https://www.270towin.com/2020-senate...n-predictions/
If you are actually concerned with benefiting “the majority of country” and “looking at the bigger picture” then perhaps you should look beyond short-term pocket change that obfuscates long-term runaway national debt, as true conservatives used to wring their hands about until the present mental case moved into the White House with his obsequious sycophant minions of “advisors” and lackeys supported by feckless minions of fearful little brain-dead electorate.

A return to true conservatism would be a welcome breath of fresh air for both California and the nation.

Last edited by Tulemutt; 01-10-2020 at 08:50 AM..

Old 01-10-2020, 08:37 AM

21,564 posts, read 16,062,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolanders View Post
Read the previous post above ...

Old 01-10-2020, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Read the previous post above ...
Read what was written. Most people.

Old 01-10-2020, 09:24 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,777,694 times
Quote:
The tax changes helped me too. Raising taxes on a chunk of people in battleground districts was a disaster. I know many independents who flipped to Dems just because their taxes went up. The washout in the socal suburbs alone was 6 seats flipped. The next party that thinks raising taxes on people who voted them in power is going to help them will result in the same, other side gets votes. When votes are close it only takes a few thousand changed votes to matter.

Old 01-10-2020, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
The tax changes helped me too. Raising taxes on a chunk of people in battleground districts was a disaster. I know many independents who flipped to Dems just because their taxes went up. The washout in the socal suburbs alone was 6 seats flipped. The next party that thinks raising taxes on people who voted them in power is going to help them will result in the same, other side gets votes. When votes are close it only takes a few thousand changed votes to matter.
As someone pointed out the Repubs do not care about CA at this point. Your state might be the worst run in the US. With the amount of money you have in that state and the high amount of taxes collected your state should be rolling in money, but of course the leaders aren't fit to manage a lemonade stand let alone a state.

Old 01-10-2020, 09:37 AM

4,228 posts, read 2,124,387 times
Quote:
As someone pointed out the Repubs do not care about CA at this point.

I care...
https://i.makeagif.com/media/1-02-2016/iZVoTj.mp4

Old 01-10-2020, 09:47 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,777,694 times
Californians on a whole benefit the most from the tax cuts. We have by far the most highest bracket income earners in the nation. But raising taxes on about 10% of them, most of which were middle class republican voters, did nothing to help the GOP. Sure only 6 seats were lost in my neck of the woods, but when you count 40 across the nation, it's significant.

You might say that doesn't matter, but A, you don't have the House anymore and B, they do actually blame the party that increased their taxes. This isn't debatable. The data supports this. Good luck ever having congress without congressional seats in blue states. Even Devin Nunes is on the hot seat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California