Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2020, 08:53 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolanders View Post
With the amount of money you have in that state and the high amount of taxes collected your state should be rolling in money,
Our state is rolling in the money. What makes you think that it isn't?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2020, 09:08 AM

21,734 posts, read 16,337,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViFitzgerald View Post
Well for one, I don't consider over $250k pocket change.

Of course, this notion that either party are deficit hawks is about as laughable as it gets. Both Obama and Clinton would have spent significantly more money but were controlled by Republican Houses. And typically, people not only do not get the ability to keep more of their money, but tend to get shaken down even more in this state. I'm not too concerned about the disingenuous lies about a plan that only goes until 2025 that the Democrats like to spew (in particular the notion about how much the tax cut goes to the top 1% by extending out consequences beyond the expiration).

What I see now is inflation in check and the country basically at full employment, so people are actually feeling the effect and getting some relief from this tax cut (outside of CA of course). I think most people would rather not go bankrupt now and aren't really buying the deficit BS. But feel free to continue and I'll feel free to keep yawning at you.
Lol. You referred to “most of the country” ... now you try to clap back with “ I don't consider over $250k pocket change.”? How many people benefitted by “$250k”? ... not “most of the country”. Not even close.

Whatever other administrations did or would do is not at issue. This isn’t an argument of relativity. My point is entirely correct: short-term [pocket change] [or even substantial change] is not an excuse for enslaving the nation to oligarchy.

All this smoke and mirrors, including the PR campaigns dazzling with charts and graphs on speculative timelines, is part of the long-term sleight of hand in process.

The “deficit BS”? A cough lozenge does not cure lung cancer. Cancer is not BS. Yawn away, along with the Self-absorbed minions who until 2016 were protesting the deficit and joining the Tea Party to challenge exactly the kind of cheap illusions they now adoringly, obsequiously, embrace.

Old 01-10-2020, 09:10 AM

21,734 posts, read 16,337,681 times
Quote:
Read what was written. Most people.
And read what I wrote: it’s not a benefit when it kills in the bigger picture.

Old 01-10-2020, 09:12 AM

456 posts, read 239,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Our state is rolling in the money. What makes you think that it isn't?
Let me rephrase actually. Your state should understand they have surpluses and be cutting taxes left and right, but instead they do the opposite and just spend spend spend.

Old 01-10-2020, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
And read what I wrote: it’s not a benefit when it kills in the bigger picture.
Huh? The bigger picture is the motion, not CA. They control the senate and the Executive Branch at the moment. They realize they can;'t compete with the Dems giving away anything and everything and promising anything and everything. They cut their losses and focus on what can benefit most in the 30 or so states that impact national elections.

The reality is TX proves you can run a state with no income tax, low property taxes, large cities, large land mass, and low gas taxes, energy costs, etc. and still prosper. CA should be doing that on steroids and yet they are not.

Old 01-10-2020, 09:14 AM

216 posts, read 128,040 times
Quote:
Let me rephrase actually. Your state should understand they have surpluses and be cutting taxes left and right, but instead they do the opposite and just spend spend spend.
So about that 1 trillion USD deficit from the Federal government. How's that spend spend spend going?

Old 01-10-2020, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC4life View Post
So about that 1 trillion USD deficit from the Federal government. How's that spend spend spend going?
No doubt they are as inept as the leadership in CA. Using them as the Barometer is ridiculous. Again CA should see that they easily have the ability to prosper and reduce taxes drastically yet they never will and you dopes keep putting the same people in office on the state level.

Personally I think there should be a balanced budget amendment but that will never happen. Republicans are like the Flu and Dems are like Cancer. Just because I would rather have the Flu over cancer doesn't mean I like the Flu or think the Flu is good.

Old 01-10-2020, 09:20 AM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Why do you care, you're a multi-millionaire living in Texas, right?

Old 01-10-2020, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Why do you care, you're a multi-millionaire living in Texas, right?
1). Because I have family and friends there still
2). Because I want CA to be what it used to be - So far above and beyond almost anything else
3). I like it when any and all states prosper and set an example by lowering taxes, spend, etc.
4). It's not a zero sum game. IF TX does well it doesn't mean CA can't

Old 01-10-2020, 09:33 AM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
1). Because I have family and friends there still
2). Because I want CA to be what it used to be - So far above and beyond almost anything else
3). I like it when any and all states prosper and set an example by lowering taxes, spend, etc.
4). It's not a zero sum game. IF TX does well it doesn't mean CA can't
But it really ends up just being thread crapping. When someone chides and scolds about a state that they don't live in while ignoring the problems in their own state it very much looks and feels like trolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California