Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2020, 08:25 PM

21,564 posts, read 16,062,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolanders View Post
No not me. I don't think the world is coming to an end and out to get us. TDS again? I can also do math and know how to do actual taxes on income and it is plain to see that tax effects by Trump policy have been net positive for the masses.

Why is it none of you could give one example when I asked for examples a few pages back? I gave examples. The one example given backfired and showed the person paid less in taxes.
Who said the world is coming to an end? I gave examples of Trump’s pathologically dangerous behaviors and you said I wear a tin foil hat ... yet you can’t refute a single observation I made about Trump ... or that his tax plans are exploding the national debt ...

The reason no one is giving you examples of the taxes you are obsessing about is because no one cares about the differences in dollars given the differences in the quality of life they subjectively prefer ... Meanwhile, Bolander babbles on, like a mental patient being dragged down a hall in a straightjacket, about “square footage and pool sizes” because that’s his definition of quality of life.

‘Effing hilarious buckaroo. Yeehaw ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2020, 08:26 PM

456 posts, read 234,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
No okay, you win I was too dumb to take Texas over California even though it meant taking home less money, paying more taxes and not enjoying all the things CA has to offer. I really bumbled this decision and regret not living in Dallas where I would have less money but at least I could revel in the joy of a 300k home, which I'm sure is far superior than my slice of paradise in the santa monica mountains.
You already showed you didn't have to pay more taxes but couldn't negotiate a $350,000 house down from $800,000. You admitted that. Yes you would take home less money also because you can't negotiate pay and you admitted that.

Makes sense why you didn't move. If I was that poor at negotiating I would have stayed where I am too.

Old 01-13-2020, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulemutt View Post
who said the world is coming to an end? I gave examples of trump’s pathologically dangerous behaviors and you said i wear a tin foil hat ... Yet you can’t refute a single observation i made about trump ... Or that his tax plans are exploding the national debt ...

The reason no one is giving you examples of the taxes you are obsessing about is because no one cares about the differences in dollars given the differences in the quality of life they subjectively prefer ... Meanwhile, bolander babbles on, like a mental patient being dragged down a hall in a straightjacket, about “square footage and pool sizes” because that’s his definition of quality of life.

‘effing hilarious buckaroo. Yeehaw ...
TDS is real

Old 01-13-2020, 08:32 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,777,694 times
Quote:
You already showed you didn't have to pay more taxes but couldn't negotiate a $350,000 house down from $800,000. You admitted that. Yes you would take home less money also because you can't negotiate pay and you admitted that.

Makes sense why you didn't move. If I was that poor at negotiating I would have stayed where I am too.
I didn't stay here, I moved here 2 years ago. And I chose it over Dallas and Scottsdale. Dallas was my number 3. Scottsdale had mostly similar amenities but better nature available than Dallas. I know it well. The market in Dallas (and AZ) doesn't pay as much, so negotiating a higher salary in a market where they pay less than here isn't in the cards. Sorry I didn't post my tax return and my address to refute your claims. Just retreat in the belief I'm making it all up.

CDS is real too.

Old 01-13-2020, 08:36 PM

Quote:
TDS is real
It should be required of every concerned citizen with even half a brain before the sick bastard destroys what our forefathers created ... too funny you “vote on the merits of his policies” which are constructed to feed his lifelong personality disorder. Good job Bolander. You’re a thinker all righty.

Meanwhile, have you figured out yet that pretty much nobody cares about the difference you pay in Texas taxes compared to California?

Old 01-13-2020, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
I didn't stay here, I moved here 2 years ago. And I chose it over Dallas and Scottsdale. Dallas was my number 3. Scottsdale had mostly similar amenities but better nature available than Dallas. I know it well. The market in Dallas (and AZ) doesn't pay as much, so negotiating a higher salary in a market where they pay less than here isn't in the cards. Sorry I didn't post my tax return and my address to refute your claims. Just retreat in the belief I'm making it all up.
Again I don't blame you for going to CA. If I couldn't negotiate a $350,000 house down from $800,000 I would have passed too. I also would not have moved if I couldn't negotiate pay well. When we moved we all negotiated better pay, wife, me, brother in law, parents, etc. While you couldn't negotiate a $350,000 house in TX that ran you $1M in CA we did negotiate a $1.25M house that would have run $4.5M in CA.

I don't think you are making it up. I already said if I was as poor of a negotiator I would not have moved. Makes sense now. I literally have no argument why you should have moved. That would have been a huge financial mistake for you, not for anyone I know but for you.

Old 01-13-2020, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
It should be required of every concerned citizen with even half a brain before the sick bastard destroys what our forefathers created ... too funny you “vote on the merits of his policies” which are constructed to feed his lifelong personality disorder. Good job Bolander. You’re a thinker all righty.

Meanwhile, have you figured out yet that pretty much nobody cares about the difference you pay in Texas taxes compared to California?
My man TDS is real and it is spectacular.

Old 01-13-2020, 08:39 PM

Quote:
My man TDS is real and it is spectacular.
And yet you can’t refute a single observation I have made ...

Old 01-13-2020, 08:41 PM

1,191 posts, read 644,665 times
Quote:
Again I don't blame you for going to CA. If I couldn't negotiate a $350,000 house down from $800,000 I would have passed too. I also would not have moved if I couldn't negotiate pay well. When we moved we all negotiated better pay, wife, me, brother in law, parents, etc. While you couldn't negotiate a $350,000 house in TX that ran you $1M in CA we did negotiate a $1.25M house that would have run $4.5M in CA.

I don't think you are making it up. I already said if I was as poor of a negotiator I would not have moved. Makes sense now. I literally have no argument why you should have moved. That would have been a huge financial mistake for you, not for anyone I know but for you.
What makes you feel the need to insult people?

Old 01-13-2020, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulemutt View Post
and yet you can’t refute a single observation i have made ...
Federal Income Tax Reform Proposal - Effect on Californians-33fe8j.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California