Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 09:23 PM

1,780 posts, read 1,762,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post
Regularly? I believe that would be quite rare north of San Diego. We'll believe you if you can find the data! A quick Google search says:
----
The water is measured at the Port of Los Angeles. The ocean off Los Angeles reaches its warmest point of the year in August when the temperature averages 68 degrees Fahrenheit (20 degrees Celsius). The coolest months are January and February, when the sea temperature is normally at 58 °F (14.5 ° C).
-----
But open to other sources of data. I don't think you'll find anything above 70f in the warmest spots, and only for a week or two, honestly. It may be that your perception is different than the reality (kind of how some people will say LA is a desert...)
Although this seemed to be the norm most of my life, the past 5-7 years I have been checking temps regularly and they have indeed been 70-76 consistently from mid July to October sometimes.

Offshore it gets even warmer. Summer of 2015 I was about 18 miles offshore from south OC fishing for yellowfin tuna and temps were 78. We had a hammerhead shark closely circling the boat for the majority of the trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 06:19 PM

505 posts, read 502,484 times
I think San Francisco is beautiful and great to visit, but I prefer LA.

I found SF to be a little more chilly than I prefer, but I love how urban the downtown area is, and being right on the bay makes it really scenic.

LA definitely has its ugly parts (particularly along the 605 corridor through Whittier and Downey and more towards the IE) but one of my favorite things about the city is the time around sunset when the sun is casting golden light on the Hollywood Hills I also like LA's energy.

I'm not one to take part in the LA vs SF rivalry, as I think they're both beautiful cities for their strengths.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California