Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 08:29 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,545,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
OP, California is an awesome place to live. The problem is the corrupt and over reaching government is continually taking our freedom and money, their short term agenda (stay in power) is having detrimental long term effects.
Overreaching, yea a bit. Corrupt, umm got proof? This ain’t Illinois. Or Arizona, or Texas or New Mexico or....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2017, 09:20 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,181,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Why are people living here? Why are people paying premium prices for housing in the coastal urban areas? (Not the price case in the area where I live)

I see a lot of people saying California sucks. If that were the case, people would be leaving the state in droves (what is a drove BTWj and talent and money would be going to Texas. Then housing prices would drop. Yet here we are, the sixth largest economy in the world with coastal urban housing prices that are a bargain compared to Paris, London, Berlin, Hong Kong and Singapore. Now why is that? I mean a hot area to live, yet cheaper than other great international spots.

Could it be that CA is actually a great place to live? Sorry haters.
You live in Sierra Nevada. Move to LA for a year and see if you keep tooting Ca horn. Or maybe we can send all the traffic and crime and housing prices there. That would free up a lot of so cal stress

Old 10-19-2017, 09:26 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,277,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
It's largely driven by right-wing conservative media (with an assist from Russian propaganda efforts). They despise the fact that California has become a liberal Democratic state _and_ that the California economy is so strong. So they talk California down every chance they get. They want California to fail so they can say, "See? Liberalism never works!"

Don't believe me that the Russians are also pushing the anti-California campaign? A popular website based in a former Soviet bloc country called Zero Hedge published this:

16 Reasons Not To Live In California | Zero Hedge

and here's one pushing Cal-Exit just last week

California's Path To Independence Smoother Than Catalonia's, Secessionists Say | Zero Hedge

Putin wants to sow discord in Europe and the US. Dividing Californians from other Americans is part of that plan. And since it aligns with what some conservatives in the US want, they happily repeat it.
I see you forgot your tinfoil hat again.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:30 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,500,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
You live in Sierra Nevada. Move to LA for a year and see if you keep tooting Ca horn. Or maybe we can send all the traffic and crime and housing prices there. That would free up a lot of so cal stress
But, isn't the point - if it's so terrible, why don't you leave?

And if you don't leave, doesn't that mean it's worth staying here?

Which would mean, it's not so terrible?

Old 10-19-2017, 09:49 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,500,469 times
How about you use your own words? Anybody can post a link, which supposedly makes some point, where most people reading the site won't read.

So, use your own words and express your own arguments - if you are able.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:57 PM

3,477 posts, read 6,510,983 times
Found a Sacramento Bee article from a few years ago. From 2003 to 2012 California had a net loss of 1,000,000 people to other states, of which one quarter was to Texas. That's not inconsequential. The only thing keeping the population growing is foreign immigration and high birth rates among certain groups.

Roughly 5 million people left California in the last decade. See where they went | The Sacramento Bee

Old 10-19-2017, 09:58 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,874,797 times
Simply because some people love living in California and some just hate it no matter what...I have friends that moved to North Dakota and love it there,while I would never live there.

I used to live up in Washington State and hated it up there,but their were those that loved it....I'm much happier here in California

I also wanted to add...California just like any other state has it's positives and negatives,but in my opinion the positives for me outweigh the negatives on living here

Old 10-19-2017, 10:08 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,181,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
But, isn't the point - if it's so terrible, why don't you leave?

And if you don't leave, doesn't that mean it's worth staying here?

Which would mean, it's not so terrible?
I think you mean generally but I'm writing this from a hotel room in Tucson Az. I love it here and getting my exit plan together. There'll be one less Ca native soon

Old 10-19-2017, 10:28 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSR13 View Post
Could it be that moving is an expensive pain in the @ss? Sorry homers.

Foreign investors, low interest rates and domestic house flippers are driving home prices and the economy is based on stupid smartphones apps and hollywood degeneracy. Not a good long term prognosis. Add in a corrupt state gov't, a horrendous education system (looking at you OP) and you get a ticking time bomb.
Don't hold back, GSR; tell us what you REALLY think!

lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California