Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where is the best place to move in SoCal
Palm Springs 5 27.78%
Orange County 7 38.89%
Santa Monica 6 33.33%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 08:07 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,134,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX101MAX101 View Post
Sorry I'm just interested in girls.
You like girls and you are contemplating moving to Palm Springs?

Old 12-03-2017, 06:10 AM

163 posts, read 137,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
I didn't know that it was a good place for gays.

Old 12-03-2017, 10:44 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,683,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
It doesn't appear that the OP has solid plans, just a lot of fantasies. He lives in London, has no visa and no job, and but thinks he can magically live in SoCal, pay minimal rent, attend parties, and have so-called "liberal" women, or "party girls" flock to him (Why?).

Dream on.

Old 12-03-2017, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
It doesn't appear that the OP has solid plans, just a lot of fantasies. He lives in London, has no visa and no job, and but thinks he can magically live in SoCal, pay minimal rent, attend parties, and have so-called "liberal" women, or "party girls" flock to him (Why?).

Dream on.
How we do know he is not a rock star? Ok, maybe not a rock star, but maybe one of the guys from the dance group, Signature? (Just kidding!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBMFTlsEln8

Old 12-05-2017, 10:41 AM

163 posts, read 137,695 times
Quote:

Dream on.
Are SoCal girls high maintenance or a pain in the ass?

Old 12-05-2017, 11:35 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
MAX101:

For what you want in California you're going to have to figure out some means of time travel. Thinking it still exists in CA is like thinking that Swinging London still exists.

Old 12-05-2017, 01:50 PM

Does OP speak Bangla, Balooch, Farsi, Sindhi, Tigrinya or another commonly heard language in London?

Old 12-06-2017, 06:51 PM

939 posts, read 787,490 times
Quote:
What I'm getting at is in London typical girls are different depending on where they're from. In East London they're more real girls whereas in West London they're more well-put together and have higher esteem and are more classy. So what is the typical girl like in SM, OC and PS?

OP, you live in London, but I'm not sure which area has the girls that are more to your liking...east or west?

One of those areas sound like more of your style...which one?

Since you're limiting your dealings with women strictly on the sex and partying aspect, I'll put in your terms...did you "SCORE" with any women in East or West London?

Years ago in a different website, someone who wanted to move to another state asked if the people in such and such state are friendly.

Someone replied that if you found friendly or accepting people where you were or are now, you will also find them where you are going.

I think that also applies to lifestyles.

If you "SCORED" where you were, you'll "SCORE" where you're going.

If not, it just may be you.

I say that only because it seems you are willing to uproot and travel thousands of miles to pretty much just to "SCORE" (according to most of your questions and answers)...just don't want you to be disappointed.

Quote:
...He lives in London, has no visa and no job, and but thinks he can magically live in SoCal, pay minimal rent, attend parties, and have so-called "liberal" women, or "party girls" flock to him...
OP: Without knowing too much about you, ANY GUY (not just you) that doesn't get the privilege of sharing physical intimacy with a girl, or even land a first date, need to ask themselves this generic question that has been floating around for years...

In your current situation only, if you were a girl, would you want to schtook or even date a guy like you?

Hopefully, one day, may the "SCORES" be with you.

Last edited by noregon98; 12-06-2017 at 07:07 PM..

Old 12-07-2017, 12:44 PM

1,377 posts, read 2,128,580 times
Quote:
I didn't know that it was a good place for gays.
Palm Springs still has plenty of straight couples.

Old 12-07-2017, 02:12 PM

1,377 posts, read 2,128,580 times
Let me chime in again.

I myself am 19 and heterosexual, and even I would vote for Palm Springs first over either Santa Monica or OC, if price comes into play of course.

I realize that you'll most likely say that it's "off your radar," but if you ever look into the Coachella Valley and desire higher affordability (e.g., lower prices), you would have to look into areas like Desert Hot Springs, Indio, Cathedral City, Coachella, or even the outlying unincorporated areas of the Coachella Valley, such as Thousand Palms, Cabazon, Sky Valley, Thermal, and so on and so forth. There are reasons as to why these areas of the Coachella Valley I mentioned are considerably cheaper/more affordable than say, Indian Wells, La Quinta, Palm Desert, or Rancho Mirage, but I will not get into them.

Between Palm Springs, OC, and Santa Monica, Palm Springs is the cheapest (e.g., lowest monthly rents), and obviously boasts some of the absolute most baking HOT summers ever in California (with the exception of Death Valley) and quite perhaps the entire nation. I am NOT joking when I say this: Palm Springs is HOT, HOT, HOT! Indeed a blast furnace or even an oven! From at least mid-April to mid-October will the weather remain this way. Palm Springs can also become VERY windy; it doesn't matter what season of the year it is. And, with more wind, comes with more dust rising up in the clear, open, blue skies. Palm Springs can become VERY windy at any time of the year due to the nearby wind turbines and its pretty close location to where the winds travel through the San Gorgonio Pass westbound on the 10.

Also, crime tends to be a bit high in Palm Springs. This is because of wealthy older gay men attracting young male hustlers (who are often not gay themselves) looking for a quick buck. That element brings a host of problems such as high rates of alcoholism, drug trafficking, prostitution, robbery, homelessness, panhandling, and a myriad of other problems. Another cause is because of Palm Springs being a popular tourist destination. Many people from out of town, from a nearby city, or even from out of state come here to relax and/or explore, and criminals know this offers lots of cash-rich "easy targets." Property crime seems to be a bit high there, as well. Crime, of any severity and in general, is mainly concentrated in the northern end (e.g., Mountain Gate, Gateway Drive, etc.) and anywhere just north of San Rafael Street.

On the bright side, though, Palm Springs has quite some things to offer (for a smaller city anyway), including, but not limited to, lots of fine dining, hiking, hotel resorts, parks, and so on.

I know a lot more about Palm Springs than I do about Santa Monica (I only been there once) or OC (I know a little bit about Huntington Beach and couple of areas there, though). Sorry if I couldn't give you much info on either.

Just my two cents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California