Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 02:21 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It wasn't until 2015 that the state was able to pay off Arnie's bond debt, I would say that's pretty bad.

"SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) – California closed an ugly chapter in its financial history on Wednesday by making its final payment on $14.2 billion in costly borrowing that plugged a budget deficit 11 years ago but eventually cost taxpayers about $5 billion in interest and fees. State Treasurer John Chiang and Director of Finance Michael Cohen announced the final payment of nearly $929 million toward the Economic Recovery Bonds, debt that was approved by voters in 2004 after then-Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger led a bipartisan campaign promoting them."
California Pays Off $15 Billion In Costly Debt From Schwarzenegger Era « CBS13 | CBS Sacramento
What would you have preferred Arnold done at the time to close the budget deficit? And don't forget voters approved these bonds, so why blame Arnold for that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2017, 02:51 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
What would you have preferred Arnold done at the time to close the budget deficit? And don't forget voters approved these bonds, so why blame Arnold for that?
Here you go, this article describes his spending spree better than I could:

Capitol Journal: Schwarzenegger was unfaithful to Californians - latimes

Old 12-14-2017, 03:23 PM

21 posts, read 37,935 times
California's blue status won't change anytime soon.

I'll be waiting for the day that people start voting for candidates based on their integrity and stance on issues rather than with their party or bibles. I won't hold my breath though.

Old 12-14-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Here you go, this article describes his spending spree better than I could:

Capitol Journal: Schwarzenegger was unfaithful to Californians - latimes
That doesn't answer my question; what would you have preferred Arnold done to tackle a deficit that big instead of what he, and the VOTERS, did? Sure I agree it wasn't ideal but the deficit was massive. All you're doing is googling for negative articles on Arnold rather that formulating your own thoughts on why he was a bad governor.

Old 12-14-2017, 04:20 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
I don't think Arnold was that bad of a governor at all. He really tried to do a lot of good things but CA's State legislature was and still is the real problem.

Arnold Schwarzenegger's Legacy as Governor of California - TIME
An article written before his moral lapse with the housekeeper and their son became apparent.

Old 12-14-2017, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
An article written before his moral lapse with the housekeeper and their son became apparent.
With regards to his job as governor that matters because.....??????

Old 12-14-2017, 04:35 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
With regards to his job as governor that matters because.....??????
Uh, maybe he was preoccupied with keeping a second family under wraps during the entire period he was in office as governor, for a start. Among other things.

The tragedy of Arnold Schwarzenegger's governorship - latimes

Old 12-14-2017, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Uh, maybe he was preoccupied with keeping a second family under wraps during the entire period he was in office as governor, for a start. Among other things.

The tragedy of Arnold Schwarzenegger's governorship - latimes
Or maybe he wasn't and it didn't affect him at his job at all. Do you think Bill Clinton was a bad president because of his sex scandal?

Old 12-14-2017, 05:13 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,786,454 times
Quote:
I'm sure there's a public sector job out there that you would qualify for, it sure beats having a bad case of pension envy
I would never work for the system that rapes taxpayers. I wouldn't want to be among the government clock punchers I despise. Taxpayers are who fed up with the system that takes from them and give to public employee unions are not a bad case of pension envy. They are just fed up.

That is like telling people who are fed up with drug dealers, "Don't be envious. You can be a drug dealer too." You wouldn't tell people that, would you? Why do you keep telling frustrated taxpayers that they have a bad case of pension envy and that they should get a government job too?

You and your family should happy with all these tax money coming in. You and your son are public employees, aren't you?

Old 12-14-2017, 05:32 PM

661 posts, read 691,529 times
What an asinine post. Public sector workers treat our water, police our streets, teach our kids, sustain our judicial system. Blanket demonization of them is so unhelpful, grow up.

It's garbage like this that is slowly killing this forum. C'mon mods, have a spine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California