Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2018, 02:06 PM

32,902 posts, read 12,161,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC6ZLV View Post
The point is that they stuff is repeated over and over. The overwhelming majority of the stuff repeated is opinion. Not fact, but ideologically based opinion. Facts? Facts are cherry-picked for their negativity and never represented in a manner that is meaningful.
Never meaningful to you. Never meaningful, in your opinion.

Quote:
Like the pension mess. Yes, California has a pension problem. Yes, it is getting worse. However, that is the case for most of the country. Yes, California has the largest debt in terms of dollars. But that is just a raw statistic that has more to do with the population than anything else. Texas is in much the same boat. Slightly worse by many sources. The difference between California, Texas and other states is both California and Texas have large economies that stand a chance of working out this problem. Kansas, probably not.

The posts come from people in California and out of state. It's the same people posting the same negativity over and over. These people quickly start responding to each other if a thread doesn't gain traction quickly. Their goal is to keep those negative threads at the top and disrupt anything positive while giving people the impression that California is so screwed up and miserable that everyone is so disgusted with it all that they have to complain about it.
If you know the bolded is not the case/that such people are wrong, there isn't any logical reason for you (or anyone else who would type the above) to care what such people think. The only logical reason you/anyone would be sensitve/care what such people think is that, in reality, on some level, you realize that the criticism is valid.

Quote:
Some of the same usernames can be found on other forums across the internet where they bash anything that isn't considered conservative. One of them goes from newspaper to newspaper making right wing comments that make absolutely no sense at all.
You must have spent more that a few minutes looking into that (in order to come to that conclusion). Why would you do that ?

Quote:
Yes, they clog up the forum. That's their goal. If people don't respond to their propaganda they will respond to each other.
But they are still adhering to the TOS, right? If they weren't, wouldn't the threads get closed, or closed and deleted? If you and others really think such posts are wrong, and it bothers you and others enough, wouldn't you put like effort toward the opposite viewpoint? You are certainly capable of ignoring those threads where such people are just responding to each other, and creating threads that do the same...except reflecting your perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2018, 01:15 PM

3,691 posts, read 1,336,785 times
Love that "voter participation" thing. Sounds like the rankings were designed by the people V8 Vega hates. Maybe people who dont bother voting are just happy and content?

Old 03-31-2018, 12:45 AM

25 posts, read 30,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
The air quality has been cleaned up. Cars today are almost completely clean. The quality of life has been completely destroyed by extreme left wing politicians. Highest income tax, sales tax, gas tax, car registration. Poverty capital of the nation. homeless everywhere. Let criminals out of jail and crime everywhere.

California is like another Illinois. Chicago is run by Democrats, strictest gun control in the nation, and look at the city. It's a disaster. High and alot of taxes. Little if any job growth. High crime rate. And the State is on the verge of bankruptcy, and the population is decreasing rapidly, soon be passed by Houston as the third largest city.

Old 03-31-2018, 01:04 AM

371 posts, read 285,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
I've been saying this for a while. If you're poor or lower middle class, California is absolutely a terrible place to live if you're looking to be upwardly mobile.

If you're rich, California isn't that bad.
Or if you live in a more remote area, small town where the air quality is excellent it's ok
Problem is the jobs!
Our County has the highest voter participation rate, the cleanest water and likely, best air quality.

Problem is....better plan on commuting at least 1.5 hrs each way for work

Old 04-03-2018, 12:24 PM

400 posts, read 445,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Okay, in my area summer can get a little hot at times but that's why we have air conditioning. :

Unless you live in the Bay area. Most houses don't have it because "it's cooler here in the summer". Blatant lie. It still gets very hot in the summer/fall.

Old 04-03-2018, 03:36 PM

12 posts, read 77,821 times
This doesn't surprise me one bit. California is a sh!thole.

Old 04-03-2018, 03:42 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,853,056 times
Loved my 20 years in San Francisco, bummed we moved before my kid could enjoy free college. Also Free healthcare for all inside city limits. The food. Not having to drive everywhere, the scenery.

(And NO it does not get hot there for more than a week or so a year. )
Moved to escape a person, not the excellent quality of life I had there (walked to work, made good money too).

Old 04-03-2018, 07:34 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,012,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauracore View Post
This doesn't surprise me one bit. California is a sh!thole.
I'm not going to waste my time posting quotes from you here, but I've read some of your other posts in different forums.

I'll just say that I treat nonsense like this the same way I treat negative Yelp reviews. When I read a negative review on Yelp regarding an otherwise highly-rated establishment, I check out the other reviews from that poster. If they're generally negative, I can assume that the person is just generally unhappy with life.

Old 04-03-2018, 09:53 PM

19,124 posts, read 16,515,660 times
All very nice photos but I noticed the majority of them are in places that most (or many) can't afford. I guess that's where the "dreamin'" part comes in, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California