Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 08:07 AM

60 posts, read 60,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USDefault View Post
I never understood this view. Why would you pay $500k or more to live in Temecula, RC, Yucaipa, or any other California desert interior
Literally everything you just stated is pure opinion and has no valid evidence other than silly speculations. Have you ever even lived in California before? Because if you have then you’d know NONE of the cities I’v mentioned are in the desert. The climate in coastal Southern California is a dry Mediterranean climate with semi-arid landscape. (From Santa Monica to about 130 miles inland in Beaumont. The marine layer still reaches out that far a cools down the weather nice on such days).

I never said people in the valley go to the beach everyday, but it is definitely a part of the culture and lifestyle. Not even in Irvine the beach is a part of everyday life because people need to work.

Interior California’s growth is proof that people still want to live here. If you’re too lazy to drive a simple hour to the beach than you deserve to relocate to Arizona. Better for us residents having one less person on the road. I’d choose 1 hour hour drive to the beach over 8 hours from Arizona any day and most people would agree.

Old 06-02-2018, 08:31 AM

26,724 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
Why would you pay $500k or more to live in Temecula, RC, Yucaipa, or any other California desert interior, and pay outrageous California income taxes, highest-in-the-nation gas taxes, soaring water and electricty rates, and all the rest -- just so you can live in a hot hellhole far removed from the ocean?
Have you ever lived in any of these cities? A "hot hellhole"? It sounds as if you've never even spent a night in any of them.

Quote:
If you're far from the coast, there's no reason to pay exorbitant California housing costs and the outrageous taxes and fees. And yes, the summer heat is pretty damn high in these places. And the truth is, if you are in any of these California towns, you're not going to the beach. You're not.
Many--if not most--people who live in these cities did not buy in the last five years, and paid fairly reasonable prices for their homes. And not everyone needs to go to the beach weekly to be happy living wherever they are.

Quote:
And that is why people move to Arizona, Texas, Las Vegas, the Pacific Northwest, Florida. Much, much cheaper, as good or better quality of life.
Speak for yourself. I know of NO ONE who would move to AZ, TX, FL, or NV. Better quality of life in those states? That's debatable.

Old 06-02-2018, 09:34 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,266,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin1983 View Post
It has already been proven over and over again that more people are arriving than leaving. If tomorrow you decided to leave, it would have a very insignificant impact. For every person that leaves there are three eagerly in line waiting to replace you.

It’s a GOOD thing that residents are leaving because it’s usually the lower educated, less ambition individuals that are better off somewhere else where the cost of living is lower. The ones entering California are higher salary earners and can support to financially support the COL.
Or perhaps it is those of us with an education vass enough to appreciate four distinct seasons and the knowledge that there is "life out there"

Old 06-02-2018, 09:36 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,180,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin1983 View Post
Literally everything you just stated is pure opinion and has no valid evidence other than silly speculations. Have you ever even lived in California before? Because if you have then you’d know NONE of the cities I’v mentioned are in the desert. The climate in coastal Southern California is a dry Mediterranean climate with semi-arid landscape. (From Santa Monica to about 130 miles inland in Beaumont. The marine layer still reaches out that far a cools down the weather nice on such days).

I never said people in the valley go to the beach everyday, but it is definitely a part of the culture and lifestyle. Not even in Irvine the beach is a part of everyday life because people need to work.

Interior California’s growth is proof that people still want to live here. If you’re too lazy to drive a simple hour to the beach than you deserve to relocate to Arizona. Better for us residents having one less person on the road. I’d choose 1 hour hour drive to the beach over 8 hours from Arizona any day and most people would agree.
What your giving is opinion too. And it's bogus. I live 10 miles from the beach and it takes me a hour to get there and then pay 15.00 for fight for a parking spot. I go maybe twice a year to take my dog there. What do you mean about the Irvine sentence?? It made no sense. And Phoenix AZ is 5 hours away... You really should get out of the valley more.

People moved inland because they had to to escape the gangs and maybe afford a house. And they're willing to put up with the negatives. Sure some people don't want to leave Ca my sister is one of them they're moving to Temecula area. But not because they can't bare to leave the beach she dosn't want to be far from her kids.

Old 06-02-2018, 09:54 AM

6,422 posts, read 7,665,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Get ready to have your water shut off because you've had too many showers

New California Law Limits How Much Water People Can Use « CBS Sacramento
What's the problem?

All the new homeless taking the place of tax paying, working citizens don't shower or wash clothes...just sniff as you drive by their "homes". That is the charm of an entitlement state.

Old 06-02-2018, 09:56 AM

10,347 posts, read 8,564,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
What your giving is opinion too. And it's bogus. I live 10 miles from the beach and it takes me a hour to get there and then pay 15.00 for fight for a parking spot. I go maybe twice a year to take my dog there. What do you mean about the Irvine sentence?? It made no sense. And Phoenix AZ is 5 hours away... You really should get out of the valley more.

People moved inland because they had to to escape the gangs and maybe afford a house. And they're willing to put up with the negatives. Sure some people don't want to leave Ca my sister is one of them they're moving to Temecula area. But not because they can't bare to leave the beach she dosn't want to be far from her kids.
Based on how he responded to my post, I now realize
Bruin1983 opinion > greater value than everyone else's opinion because . . . well he's just right and we are wrong.

Old 06-02-2018, 09:58 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,085,244 times
As soon as 1 leave 3 will come in. That is how it has always been.

https://sf.curbed.com/2018/5/2/17312...ion-2018-count

Old 06-02-2018, 10:06 AM

6,109 posts, read 10,893,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
If I was still in California and this happened I'd be looking at a tankless water heater.
Tankless water heaters reduce the amount of energy to heat the water and have little to do with the amount of water being used. Unless you also have installed a recirculating hot water system you still have the couple of gallons being wasted for the heated water to reach the further away fixtures.

Old 06-02-2018, 10:34 AM

72 posts, read 40,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
As soon as 1 leave 3 will come in. That is how it has always been.

https://sf.curbed.com/2018/5/2/17312...ion-2018-count

Two of those three would be illegals, they would stay for the freebie handouts. The other would stay a few years. Finally to leave having learned that the over taxation, long commutes, horrid NIMBYs, overrated climate with dirty, dry air was not worth staying.

Old 06-02-2018, 10:36 AM

3,285 posts, read 2,661,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB316 View Post
I don’t believe anyone from California is going to complain about people leaving.
Except it's working people and employers who are leaving. The incoming tide is homeless, welfare recipients, refugees, grifters, criminals, illegal aliens, gang members...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California