Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 01:06 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,615,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Love their burgers but their fries are about the worst.

Not even!! Try them animal style!! So good!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 01:08 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,615,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro1000 View Post
So overrated

Says who? YOU!!! That is why the thread is about how long the drive thru lines are!!

Old 06-04-2018, 01:40 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,277,252 times
Ours is the worst for traffic. It’s in a center where there are a few fast food places and a credit union. The entrance near the In-N-Out is a two way road.

As the cars start lining up, you have a difficult time going into the center for any other business. The cars block off one part of the road and there have almost been accidents trying to get around the line. Just trying to turn into the center is a challenge because of them. It reminds me of the gas station lines at Costco on the weekends.

And yes, their burgers are great, but I always walk in.

Old 06-04-2018, 02:34 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,976,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Love their burgers but their fries are about the worst.
Fries are pretty good but they're just on a time limit. They're good if you eat most of them before the burger. Animal style fries allow for more leeway in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Ours is the worst for traffic. It’s in a center where there are a few fast food places and a credit union. The entrance near the In-N-Out is a two way road.

As the cars start lining up, you have a difficult time going into the center for any other business. The cars block off one part of the road and there have almost been accidents trying to get around the line. Just trying to turn into the center is a challenge because of them. It reminds me of the gas station lines at Costco on the weekends.

And yes, their burgers are great, but I always walk in.
Yeah the one by LAX in Westchester is pretty bad and kind of like this one. Cars are trying to turn into the In-N-Out lot from both north and south, which causes some cutting and people getting a little pissy sometimes. Also the line blocks in parked cars for people who've gone inside or are plane watching. Add in the few shuttle buses from off-site airport parking that roll through and it gets real crowded there. This location needs to have a traffic director at busy times because of where it's located but they've made it work so far.

Old 06-04-2018, 03:30 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,752,084 times
The lines going onto the street are worse at the In-n-Outs that have no interior seating, from my experience. Those with seating have lines that go into parking lots.

For example the one in Riverside off of the 91 on Madision and Indiana does not have room for interior seating and a large parking lot and there are lines which build up on Indiana. Other stores (Norco, Corona, Moreno Valley, Torrance) have lines which snake through parking lots.

By the way the McDonalds combos and the In-n-Out double double combos are about the same price now. Some McDonalds are even more!

Did you know the largest In-n-Out is in Barstow on Lenwood??? About 3-4 times the seating and kitchen size of other stores.

Old 06-04-2018, 05:10 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Fries are pretty good but they're just on a time limit. They're good if you eat most of them before the burger. Animal style fries allow for more leeway in time.
Next time I go there I will try that for the fries.

Old 06-04-2018, 10:41 PM

2,511 posts, read 6,298,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Says who? YOU!!! That is why the thread is about how long the drive thru lines are!!
I think the place is overrated too. It's just a plain hamburger and fries. Except the hamburger has a slice of meat almost thin enough to see through. I really think they were the inspiration for Wendy's "Where's the beef," advertisements in the 80s and 90s.
"

Old 06-05-2018, 12:57 AM

1,780 posts, read 1,761,471 times
The worst I’ve ever seen is the In N Out on E foothill Blvd just east of Sierra Madre Blvd in Pasadena. It’s probably been there for 50+ years and because the drive thru is only about 50 feet long cars always pile up behind it onto the street. It’s also along a curve and I always used to see people speeding around the bend only to serve last minute due to a line of cars stopped in the right of only two lanes.

Even the google satellite image shows a clusterf**k of cars leading out of the drive thru.

Old 06-05-2018, 05:59 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeOrange View Post
The worst I’ve ever seen is the In N Out on E foothill Blvd just east of Sierra Madre Blvd in Pasadena. It’s probably been there for 50+ years and because the drive thru is only about 50 feet long cars always pile up behind it onto the street. It’s also along a curve and I always used to see people speeding around the bend only to serve last minute due to a line of cars stopped in the right of only two lanes.

Even the google satellite image shows a clusterf**k of cars leading out of the drive thru.
The solution ............. build more In and Out Burger restaurants.

Old 06-05-2018, 10:11 AM

117 posts, read 129,208 times
the local Plant Power vegan restaurant needs to open up right next door :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California