Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 03:00 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,451,251 times

Advertisements

This always happens at the Chick-Fil-A in my West Houston neighborhood. Lunch and dinner times are always the worst. When school is out during the summer, it's packed from lunch to dinner time with customers. The drive-in line is always full, but it goes into the street during peak hours.

Can't wait to have an In-n-Out like the other Texas cities though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 03:51 PM

2,264 posts, read 1,484,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro1000 View Post
So overrated
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Yeah that’s why theire absolutely packed from opening to closing.
No, they're always jammed up because...

1) In-N-Out constricts the supply of their production by not saturating the market with outlets. Long Beach? 3 In-N-Outs, 15 McDonald's. Orange County? 23 In-N-Outs, 77 McDonald's. While they're not making as much money as they could, they are getting a much better return on their per-dollar investment. Plus, limiting the availability of their product is one of the ways In-N-Out fosters their cult following. Which leads us to...

2) In-N-Out is right up there with Harley-Davidson and Rolex as a brand where the follow is completely out of proportion with the product. Now, don't get me wrong. I like In-N-Out. They're very good. But there is only so much a place can do with a burger when they're mass-producing them for under $3. In addition to what I mentioned above, the regional aspect of the company and the secret menu also add to their cult following.

In-N-Out burgers are very good for reasonably price, assembly line burgers. But people who wait 45 minutes to get one? They're not there for the taste; they're their because they've joined the cult.

Old 06-05-2018, 03:51 PM

114 posts, read 111,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
Ask for fries "well done". Problem solved. As for lines - even the one in little old Chico has ridiculous lines from opening to closing.

Yeah unless you go on really off-hours (like 3:30 in the afternoon or midnight), otherwise the lines often creep all the way back to Applebees.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:14 PM

307 posts, read 242,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
We're talking about In N Out, not Five Guys...
Fattburger is still the champ imo

Old 06-06-2018, 02:12 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro1000 View Post
Fattburger is still the champ imo
This poster speaks great wisdom.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:42 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,752,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
But people who wait 45 minutes to get one? They're not there for the taste; they're their because they've joined the cult.
Perhaps waiting in a car 45 minutes. But walking up to a window or going inside? I've never waited more than 15-20 minutes max.

Why are places like In-n-Out and Chick-Fil-A successful?

1. Value. Both have complete meals for about $8.
2. Consistent quality. Both have very good quality and you know what you will get every time.
3. Friendly service. I've NEVER had a bad experience at either place. And you always receive your order in a reasonable timeframe.

If people complain about an In-n-Out burger, I understand. But comparing to Five Guys (way more expensive) or some independent take out burger is apples and oranges.

I like The Habit. Their burgers aren't quite as good but they have other good things on the menu (tri-tip sandwich, golden chicken sandwich, salads, tempura green beans, good fries) which make them desirable.

I like Fatburger too, but too often their atmosphere is a little depressing (empty). If they tightened up the ship the bit, made the places smaller and lowered prices, I think they can do better. I love their fries.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:58 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,617,720 times
Fatburger's nothing special. Never went back after I paid for a $5 burger that fit in the palm of my hand.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:29 PM

2,542 posts, read 2,736,501 times
In-n-Out is way overrated as other posters mentioned. Have you every looked at the patty? If is the same size as other chains. This is just a fad right now and will die off eventually. They are starting to over saturate cities. Even Las Vegas has them appearing all over the place and people are complaining about the traffic too.

McDonald's and other chains started out the same way and look at them now. Now McDonald's is offering fresh meat in the Quarter Pounder.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:59 PM

6,504 posts, read 7,533,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin1983 View Post
I can’t find the article I read last week but driving by an In-N-Out this morning just 2 hours ago reminded me of the article and how true it is. The lines are absurd day and night. I always end up just parking and walking to wait in line on foot. The service is faster aswell.

My question to you is, do you find your local INO facility to be jammed up to to where it creates even more congestion for normal traffic flow?
I blame the liberal democrats in Sacramento.

Old 06-06-2018, 11:20 PM

10,030 posts, read 9,505,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
In-n-Out is way overrated as other posters mentioned. Have you every looked at the patty? If is the same size as other chains. This is just a fad right now and will die off eventually. They are starting to over saturate cities. Even Las Vegas has them appearing all over the place and people are complaining about the traffic too.

McDonald's and other chains started out the same way and look at them now. Now McDonald's is offering fresh meat in the Quarter Pounder.
LOL.... must be a fad that takes decades or centuries to die off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California