Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2018, 06:43 AM

26,644 posts, read 26,586,585 times

Advertisements

L.A. Times: We asked gubernatorial candidates Gavin Newsom and John Cox their thoughts on some of the most pressing issues facing the state of California. Here’s what they had to say.

Here’s how the candidates see what’s next for California - Los Angeles Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2018, 04:42 PM

6,220 posts, read 3,581,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
L.A. Times: We asked gubernatorial candidates Gavin Newsom and John Cox their thoughts on some of the most pressing issues facing the state of California. Here’s what they had to say.

Here’s how the candidates see what’s next for California - Los Angeles Times
Thanks for posting. Of course Newsom couldn't make it through the interview without mentioning Trump. He talks about Trump's tax bill hurting working families but he still supports the increase in gas tax and registration fees.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:58 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,149,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Thanks for posting. Of course Newsom couldn't make it through the interview without mentioning Trump. He talks about Trump's tax bill hurting working families but he still supports the increase in gas tax and registration fees.
Of course he brought Trump into it. They are ramming down Californians throats that he's the enemy and must be fought. But they never give a clear reason why. In everyone of Katie Porters ads and commercials she states she's going to fight Trump. On what??? Who knows??? It's so crazy I live in a state that normalizes hating and fighting our President.

What Newsome said in that article is so foggy I couldn't get a def solution or pledge on anything. Maybe I just don't speak Liberal.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:35 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,354,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
That is ridiculous. Obama never accomplished anything positive. All he did was set race relations back 50 years, and tried to destroy the country. Clinton is a lying criminal.
My point was regarding the current administration's accountability.

So, the current administration is Trump. Not Obama, Not Clinton.

Are you really trying to say that Trump has no accountability?

So, he can blame anything that happened before his administration on Clinton or Obama- AND - anything that happens DURING his administration on Clinton or Obama?

Do you really thing that will fly with anyone who has a brain?

Old 09-30-2018, 10:04 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,251,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post

So, he can blame anything that happened before his administration on Clinton or Obama- AND - anything that happens DURING his administration

Considering who we have running the state now, you really think brains have anything to do with how people vote in this state?

Old 09-30-2018, 11:01 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,357,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Of course he brought Trump into it. They are ramming down Californians throats that he's the enemy and must be fought. But they never give a clear reason why. In everyone of Katie Porters ads and commercials she states she's going to fight Trump. On what??? Who knows??? It's so crazy I live in a state that normalizes hating and fighting our President.

What Newsome said in that article is so foggy I couldn't get a def solution or pledge on anything. Maybe I just don't speak Liberal.
Yeah exactly . They have nothing except saying Trump is mean and the same old tired narrative that he is racist . But they wore out the racist label .

They can’t attack Trump on anything that matters like the economy because everyone knows this is one of the best economies in decades .

Old 10-01-2018, 06:26 AM

26,644 posts, read 26,586,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
They are ramming down Californians throats that he's the enemy and must be fought. But they never give a clear reason why. In everyone of Katie Porters ads and commercials she states she's going to fight Trump. On what??? Who knows??? It's so crazy I live in a state that normalizes hating and fighting our President.
I believe it's the other way around. From what he says about us and our state, Trump has made it clear that he wants little to do with California or Californians.

Trump takes on California through Twitter: Here’s what he’s tweeted about the Golden State. - Los Angeles Times

"President Donald Trump and his administration have very much tied his political efforts to California by essentially declaring a policy war on the Golden State. On immigration, legalized marijuana, climate change and more, California is the chief policy foil of the White House."

Trump vs. California, again and again and again: https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/07/polit...nge/index.html

And if Cox is his right hand man, no way will he get my vote (as much as I dislike Newsom).

Old 10-01-2018, 08:50 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,357,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I believe it's the other way around. From what he says about us and our state, Trump has made it clear that he wants little to do with California or Californians.

Trump takes on California through Twitter: Here’s what he’s tweeted about the Golden State. - Los Angeles Times

"President Donald Trump and his administration have very much tied his political efforts to California by essentially declaring a policy war on the Golden State. On immigration, legalized marijuana, climate change and more, California is the chief policy foil of the White House."

Trump vs. California, again and again and again: https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/07/polit...nge/index.html

And if Cox is his right hand man, no way will he get my vote (as much as I dislike Newsom).
“On immigration “ you mean Trump actually wanting our immigration laws and border enforced ?
Illegal immigration hasn’t done California any favors .

Cox his “right hand man “ ? Why because they are both Republican ? They don’t really have much of a relationship so “right hand man “ seems to be a stretch ..

Old 10-01-2018, 10:23 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,270,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post

So, he can blame anything that happened before his administration on Clinton or Obama- AND - anything that happens DURING his administration on Clinton or Obama?

I want to start holding our state politicians accountable, why is no one demanding that? They're all focused on "fighting Trump".

De Leon passes laws to block local law enforcement from working with feds to protect illegal aliens. He admits half of his family is illegal and has illegal documents. On what planet does this make sense?

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017...r-trump-order/

Napolitano hides $175 mil from the school system and tampers with an audit, still holds position.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/04/...-hidden-funds/

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...y-12358268.php

Caltrans wastes our money, infrastructure is crumbling.
https://www.sanluisobispo.com/opinio...171047867.html

California taxpayers facing $1 trillion in unfunded pension liabilities and lawmakers focus on foam and plastic straws

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/04/0...lastic-straws/

California high-speed rail cost may approach $100 billion

https://sf.curbed.com/2018/3/12/1711...y-bullet-train

6th largest economy but #1 in poor.

Now the gov wants a satellite.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:00 PM

6,220 posts, read 3,581,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yeah exactly . They have nothing except saying Trump is mean and the same old tired narrative that he is racist . But they wore out the racist label .

They can’t attack Trump on anything that matters like the economy because everyone knows this is one of the best economies in decades .
I'm sure this is why Newsom refused to do the CNN debate when Cox insisted they stick only to California politics. Newsom's plan is to repeat Trump's name like a mantra and force Cox to defend Trump's federal policies, though Cox has nothing to do with them. Cox didn't vote for Trump and I don't believe they've ever met in person; in fact many hardcore conservatives accuse Cox of being a RINO. But none of this stopped Newsom from flat-out lying on Twitter and calling Cox Trump's "protege" after the primary results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California