U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2018, 05:20 PM

151 posts, read 94,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frikeww12 View Post
I'd have $500 you don't live in CA. Do yourself a favor and don't plan a trip in your speedo and splash fins at any beach in CA. If you do, don't say I didn't warn you. It's like those baywatch tourist that come to ca - the actors union would have slapped OSHA fines for doing all that in CA cold water. Boy do they got a shock.
You sir, are a mental midget.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 05:28 PM

6 posts, read 2,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggedAlpha View Post
You sir, are a mental midget.
I'm a warm midget! Stay cool in all the "72" degree pacific water.. lol..

Old 07-23-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
Agreed! Some people in California have never even been outside of the state. Even if they have, it's some other Western states, which largely resemble California climate/scenery-wise.

Some people in California actually think living in San Bernardino or Stockton is far superior than an upscale suburb of Houston like The Woodlands!
Well let's see, I've actually been to Texas and was there for a month. It's wasn't like I was just passing through or only there for a weekend. Don't get mad just because I prefer CA over TX.

Lol Dude NOBODY thinks some ghetto area in CA like Stockton is better than a nice area in another place or state. Compare a ghetto area in CA to a ghetto area in TX. It's stupid to compare a poor place with a nice place.

It's so ridiculous that some people just can't accept that there are some folks that are happy as a clam living in California and have no desire to live in another state. If you prefer other places, that's fine. I feel very blessed to live here and is one of the major reasons why I'm happy in life.

Old 07-23-2018, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frikeww12 View Post
I'm a warm midget! Stay cool in all the "72" degree pacific water.. lol..

Go away troll.

PS: It's truly impossible for anybody to enjoy the Arctic-like waters of CA:

Old 07-23-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Is that Emerald Bay? I wouldn't know because that's a gated community and only the elite can enjoy that beach.
Negative. It's Crescent Bay and it's a public beach. If you to Trip Advisor, you see a lot of positive reviews from people all over the country.

You do realize that the overwhelming majority of coastline & beaches in California are publicly accessible. A truly beautiful thing about our state & something that differentiates us from the coastline on the East Coast and many parts of the world, where large swaths of land are privatized & owned by the wealthy.

The elite who are trying to block access to CA beaches are losing big time in the courts. Eventually any beach that is being blocked off here will be forced to become public. For example, a beach that had been private & off-limits for over 100 years in the Central Coast became publicly accessible last year.

Last edited by RuggedAlpha; 07-23-2018 at 06:43 PM..

Old 07-23-2018, 06:02 PM

6 posts, read 2,288 times
Quote:
Go away troll.

PS: It's truly impossible for anybody to enjoy the Arctic-like waters of CA:

https://imagesvc.timeincapp.com/v3/m...mx9&w=700&q=85
Everyone at this point knows you don't live in CA and you def never been to their beaches.

Helpful tip for you -I prefer Coronado over PB(your pic) and you should have put a pic up of that beach as it's probably the nicest beach in all of CA.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:53 PM

18,181 posts, read 11,414,505 times
Quote:
Negative. It's Crescent Bay and it's a public beach. If you to Trip Advisor, you see a lot of positive reviews from people all over the country.

You do realize that the overwhelming majority of coastline & beaches in California are publicly accessible. A truly beautiful thing about our state & something that differentiates us from the coastline on the East Coast and many parts of the world, where large swaths of land are privatized & owned by the wealthy.

The elite who are trying to block access to CA beaches are losing big time in the courts. Eventually any beach that is being blocked off here will be forced to become public. For example, a beach that had been private & off-limits for over 100 years in the Central Coast became publicly accessible last year.
Yes, the coastal commission is one of the best, if unfortunately likely the only one, CA Govt agencies.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:11 PM

13 posts, read 7,554 times
Just want to chime into this post! I am looking at moving from NYC to California or Colorado. Ideally I would love California's beautiful weather but I also do love mountains. Northern California isn't even a thought to me, wayyyy too expensive. I am curious if California is really outrageously expensive everywhere...it looks like they pay higher than Colorado would so I'm not sure if the ratio of the cost of living vs the salary is that different.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Yes, the coastal commission is one of the best, if unfortunately likely the only one, CA Govt agencies.
Amen. If only we can reduce the bloated bureaucracy in other agencies, federal & state.

CCC is a beacon of light in a shroud of darkness.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:02 PM

5,836 posts, read 12,757,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmj9891 View Post
Just want to chime into this post! I am looking at moving from NYC to California or Colorado. Ideally I would love California's beautiful weather but I also do love mountains. Northern California isn't even a thought to me, wayyyy too expensive. I am curious if California is really outrageously expensive everywhere...it looks like they pay higher than Colorado would so I'm not sure if the ratio of the cost of living vs the salary is that different.
We moved from CO and still have family there. Housing costs have exploded reaching all time highs in CO and are second only to CA in increases. There are many articles you can read on this. Here's one of them: How Colorado became one of the least affordable places to live in the U.S.

If you love the mountains and like things about Colorado, I would consider places like the Sierra foothill towns outside of Sacramento. Check out Auburn, Grass Valley and El Dorado Hills. I would rather live there than Denver because you get the mountains and so much more of what CA has to offer that CO never will have including access to beautiful beaches, redwood forests, Yosemite NP, the Bay Area, Death Valley, bordering the PNW, etc...

Derek
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or