U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 07:50 PM

671 posts, read 524,019 times

Advertisements

Was in Venice beach this past weekend and while it was cooler than the SGV, it was much more humid. The dry air felt refreshing when I returned home that evening especially since our nighttime temps are comparable to the beach areas. The beach is a nice place to have close by but I would not want to live there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 08:47 PM

6,286 posts, read 4,517,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
split type AC is your solution. doesnt cost that much
What is the price difference?
I installed split in my office condo. It took quite a while to install And was fairly noisy. The water pumps were really loud.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:43 AM

3,437 posts, read 2,238,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
What is the price difference?
I installed split in my office condo. It took quite a while to install And was fairly noisy. The water pumps were really loud.
thats another problem to be solved. at least you solved your "hot" problem already

maybe a pair of Beats will solve it??

Old 08-16-2018, 11:28 AM

6,286 posts, read 4,517,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
thats another problem to be solved. at least you solved your "hot" problem already

maybe a pair of Beats will solve it??
I guess just ear plugs. There must be some kind of pump that is quieter. When the pump starts up it sounds like a motor seizing up.

Old 08-17-2018, 10:56 PM

1,988 posts, read 715,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
Not sure I remember any of those days this summer. I know they didn't happen along the central coast. Thought there may have been a 'few' in SoCal. But if so there weren't very many. Here's an example thread of one CD'R complaining about the humidity along the coast this summer which to me seems very 'mild' in comparison to other locations. This was during the heatwave we had in early July when it was in the 100s inland. She/he was complaining of 70s and humid. Sorry, but to me that's very minor stuff compared to 90s-100s+ and humid in many other locations during that same timeframe.

San Diego 92110:
RIGHT NOW
74 degrees
Humidity 76%
Dew Point 67°
- Ugh humid weather again

Derek
This is very mild during the day, but it is unusually muggy for San Diego at night.

Old 09-01-2018, 03:35 PM

548 posts, read 591,749 times
Phoenix, but the question is what are you willing to compromise on in terms of beaches, climate, etc.?

Some areas of metro Phoenix are virtually undistinguishable from inland SoCal, but you've got the heat between May and October. At least you'd only rarely have to deal with brush fires.

This could have been taken in a nice area of SoCal:
http://surrealist.org/jpgs/lakes-sunset1.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or