Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 02:12 PM

292 posts, read 163,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Comfortable weather, outdoor rec, reasonable home prices. Of course, I'm talking NORTHERN California.
comfortable weather? you live in Eureka!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2018, 02:23 PM

292 posts, read 163,125 times
LOVE ABOUT CALIFORNIA-

Many beaches. The Lost Coast is very reasonable to live (no jobs though)
Property Tax is set
Low Cost Auto Insurance
Many National Forests
So so much to do!!
theme parks, hiking, cycling, snow skiing in winter, oceans
social security not taxed
some areas have 3-4 real true seasons (even if short)
Governor Brown

Old 07-20-2018, 02:43 PM

827 posts, read 658,671 times
It's not California that is so hated it's California's over the top liberal politics that is hated.

Old 07-20-2018, 02:56 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,537,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleSonya View Post
California overall, has a ton of smog and a drought that lasted years. Cops are everywhere busting people for nothing. Making stuff up to bust them. Cannot do anything without a permit, anything and everything is illegal. Major corrupt NANNY state.

If you want to fry every day of your life, clean your house constantly due to the dust particles in the air, drink bad water, and be on a CPAP machine by the time your middle aged, MOVE HERE.

Yet another poster who equates LA/ IE as being CA as a whole.

Life might be crap in your less than .3% of the land mass of CA, but for the rest of us we don't face what you do. Think: 97% of CA is rural or wild. LA is not CA

What I love about CA is the mild four seasons, friendly people, clean air, low crime, lack of traffic, honest cops and fantastic scenery! The snow is nice too.You don't see this stuff in Texas.

CA is home and eastern CA is very special to us.

Old 07-20-2018, 03:04 PM

130,047 posts, read 12,067,125 times
availability of lakes for water sports or boating.

Old 07-20-2018, 03:31 PM

50,232 posts, read 46,991,184 times
An Ocean with lots of fish to catch.

Old 07-20-2018, 04:04 PM

21,724 posts, read 16,323,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Town View Post
It's not California that is so hated it's California's over the top liberal politics that is hated.
Quote:
I born and raised in California When I retired I couldn't move out of the state fast enough.
And these are reasons why people “DON’T hate California”? You know, like the thread topic presents ... thanks for your contribution.

Old 07-20-2018, 04:14 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,537,472 times
Quote:
I born and raised in California When I retired I couldn't move out of the state fast enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
And these are reasons why people “DON’T hate California”? You know, like the thread topic presents ... thanks for your contribution.
CA bashes just can’t control themselves.

Old 07-20-2018, 04:39 PM

21,530 posts, read 8,714,516 times
I am a native Californian, but wasn't until I moved away for a few years that I came to appreciate my home state. I couldn't wait to get back. I love the moderate weather, the ocean breezes, and the abundance of sunshine and natural beauty. I like knowing that my property tax rate is stable, based only on what I paid for the house, and that any increases are capped. I even love the diversity. It's interesting to meet people from other parts of the world and learn about their cultures. I would be bored to death in a place where everyone else was a middle-class WASP like me. I truly don't understand all the hate.

Old 07-20-2018, 04:52 PM

2,063 posts, read 1,067,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Haters have their thread(s) ... this one’s for lovers

(Yeah, I know the haters will crash the topic ... shame on them when they already have so many parties of their own to revel in ...)

Anyway, I’m having a blast in California still after all these years!
Its just the perfect place for me and my yorkie. Some of my fellow San Diegans are complaining about the humid, summer weather but I am in heaven. Shorts, t shirt, comfy nike flip flops and I get to cruise other men wearing shorts while enjoying a cold beer? Total win
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California