Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you glad you left California?
Yes, definitely. Things are better for us now. 36 67.92%
Not sure. Jury still out. 4 7.55%
No. We miss it for a lot of reasons. 13 24.53%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 07:37 AM

5,322 posts, read 18,196,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoothillsBurning View Post
Where did you go (and no need to get too detailed if you are afraid we will all move there) and are you glad you left? If so, why? If not, why not?

Thank you so much as we face this decision.

BurningUp
We left CA back in 1991, we were both born and raised there. Moved to Idaho for a plethora of reasons; clean air, four distinct seasons (we love the cooler weather), lower COL, mountains, snow, hunting, hiking just to name a few reasons. We love it here and would never move back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 12:25 PM

8 posts, read 8,890 times
Default Rain-what is rain?

For us it seems to be coming down to that we just cannot stand living somewhere that does not get rain from June to mid-October (at best). It may just all come down to summer rains. We long for them.

Thanks for your post!

Old 08-06-2018, 12:27 PM

8 posts, read 8,890 times
Don't they gun their wolves down in Idaho? Rather terrible environmental policies? Not sure we can take the politics there. but it is surely stunning and wild and beautiful.

Old 08-06-2018, 01:28 PM

156 posts, read 161,650 times
It's funny to me reading all these stories of how blissful people are once they moved away from CA.

Yet here they are, DAY AFTER DAY on the CALIFORNIA forums whining about how terrible the state is. The math just doesn't add up. It's also an unhealthy habit.

Anyways, yes move to where you will be the most happiest. The world is a big, beautiful place and there are lots of options so if you're stuck & miserable where you live, it's your fault for not doing anything about it.

Old 08-06-2018, 01:31 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,229,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoothillsBurning View Post
Don't they gun their wolves down in Idaho? Rather terrible environmental policies? Not sure we can take the politics there. but it is surely stunning and wild and beautiful.
Not of there are too many wolves. I mean is it OK to fish in CA?

Old 08-06-2018, 01:33 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,229,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggedAlpha View Post
It's funny to me reading all these stories of how blissful people are once they moved away from CA.

Yet here they are, DAY AFTER DAY on the CALIFORNIA forums whining about how terrible the state is. The math just doesn't add up. It's also an unhealthy habit.

Anyways, yes move to where you will be the most happiest. The world is a big, beautiful place and there are lots of options so if you're stuck & miserable where you live, it's your fault for not doing anything about it.
Many like myself have family, friends and businesses there and simply feel sharing our view and experiences are beneficial to others.

Plus most other forums are boring as they do not have the beauty or problems CA does.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:59 PM

10,276 posts, read 8,435,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggedAlpha View Post

You actually took the time to read all these stories about how blissfull people are? Why would you waste your time doing that if you live in such a perfect place? You probably don't pay much attention but some of us still have family and other interests in Ca. Others have lived in Ca way longer than you have and thus not only have more experience in the state, but also lived elsewhere and can compare objectively versus someone who has only lived in Ca.
My question is why are so insecure about your choice of living in California where you care so much to monitor who posts what and where they are from? Are you worried others made a smart choice and you got left behind. Maybe you are missing out on something?
Also when people whine, it's funny some of the local Ca posters jump write in and agree or even bring up the subjects themselves. Maybe they are just more enlightened than you and and can admit their are pros and cons of living in Ca. The smart ones in Ca know the pros and cons and decide the pros outweigh the cons. The others aren't aware of cons or are in denial.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:44 PM

118 posts, read 139,778 times
Moved to Massachusetts outside of Boston 8 months ago. Loving it so far and plan to stay in New England. I like the colder weather but am not doing too well with the summer humidity.

Old 08-06-2018, 07:45 PM

3,145 posts, read 2,631,322 times
I miss my friends and family, but financially, i am better off.

Old 08-06-2018, 07:48 PM

21,564 posts, read 16,058,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
I miss my friends and family, but financially, i am better off.
Well let’s hear it for that dollar! Priorities are priorities ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California