U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 01:14 PM

4,148 posts, read 2,263,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aewan68 View Post
Most of those and more are in San Diego, beyond Japanese there is 99 Ranch, Zion Market and etc.

Mitsuwa in Kearney Mesa has a nice little Food Court serving lots of authentic dishes.

There is also a Minamoto Kitchoan in Newport Beach at Fashion Island that sells Japanese sweets and desserts. I walked in the place and was overwhelmed with the selection.

https://www.kitchoan.com/
Don't know about Japanese or Korean food in San Diego, but Chinese food is horrible in San Diego. There's plenty of it, but it's all sub par. Even Irvine has better Chinese food.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2018, 07:59 PM

781 posts, read 677,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
Don't know about Japanese or Korean food in San Diego, but Chinese food is horrible in San Diego. There's plenty of it, but it's all sub par. Even Irvine has better Chinese food.
These are markets selling authentic products and food, but not all Restaurants. Restaurants are few and far between, then again finding good Italian, Greek and Middle Eastern Food is a challenge here compared to other areas of the US I have lived.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:33 AM

30,398 posts, read 34,233,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
He’s asking for support your troops and pledge of allegiance kind of conservative, not new world order tinfoil hat conservative.
An increasing number of liberals are seeing the New World Order and Agenda 21 for what it is:

See this video from 0:45 to 7:05. She doesn't use the term New World Order, but is describing perfectly what's going on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldc0k8e6aDI&t=650s

Old 10-01-2018, 09:20 AM

9,809 posts, read 10,042,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
An increasing number of liberals are seeing the New World Order and Agenda 21 for what it is:

See this video from 0:45 to 7:05. She doesn't use the term New World Order, but is describing perfectly what's going on:

Old 10-01-2018, 12:28 PM

381 posts, read 293,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post

Old 10-02-2018, 02:01 PM

2,944 posts, read 1,621,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
I bring my own usable bags when I shop. I don't have a problem with that...obviously you must feel differently if you had to opine at length. In my area most of the cities where I live have bag ordinances that require a charge (very nominal ) if you need one. Not something to get all red in the face for.
There are thos eco nazis whose jobs is on every Internet forum is to defend this policy. Anyone who disagrees will be labeled as anti environmental. Which couldn’t be farther from the truth.
I guess they never bother to read all the unintended consequences this cause.
Particularly the increased Garbage of all types due to them spilling out unsecured from garbage trucks are turning our landscape into landfills. Just had a garbage truck spilling loose litter around my neighborhood. and the risk for health as homeless people who once kept human excretion in grocery bags they hoard now have no choice but to leave them on the ground.

i don’t like to eat food that touched a reusable bag. There are plenty of stories of cashers saying they have plenty of very filthy bags that are bio health hazards or covered in pet hair or even contain rat droppings or insects. I am not surprised there are so many food borne diseases these days compared to before. The last five years signs warning pool users on pool containmenation due to sick human excretion started going up everywhere which we never see in the past before we have these ordinances widespread.

Agenda 21 and one world government is real. The EU is just their testing ground. They are pushing agendas in disguise of saving the world but it’s main goal is social engineering. They pressure countries to comply when they have an international gathering in order to avoid losing face. The people around the world should fight back however they can and do all possible to avoid politicians from taking office who gives in.

Old 10-02-2018, 11:00 PM

1,056 posts, read 813,863 times
us:

I live in a community called Wiseburn. It's part of Los Angeles County Unincorporated. We just had a house go on the market for 1.2 million in our community. https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...65_rect/13_zm/

I think they are wanting to change Wiseburn into a nicer community (FINALLY) so they are coming in and flipping homes like crazy - buying the folks out WHO want to cash out. People are also retiring and leaving California. At least it appears to me this is what's happening. I'm all for it as it will raise our property value. Also many homeowners are adding on to their homes/remodeling. That's a good sign.

What you could do is contact Shane Falkenstein whose a realtor in our area and talk to him. I've seen a few homes for sale and we are only 10 mins from Los Angeles Air Force Base. We want nice folks moving in. :-) There are Asians in our community. We are very diverse. I love the diversity.

Not all homes would go for that amount...This house was completely re-done. I doubt they will get that much for the house but you never know. What i like about our area is the fact we border El Segundo - and we're just down the way from Manhattan Beach (The Pointe).

We are freeway close (5 mins) to the 405 Freeway which is off Rosecrans. You could also check HollyGlen or Del Aire.

I'm a Conservative as well. Both my husband and I. I am retired but he is still working as a Tug Capt.

We use the Hawthorne zip code but that's about it. Can't vote in Hawthorne politics. :-) Would not hurt to look. I do agree that Rancho Cucamonga might be better as well as Mira Loma as far as price and getting a pool. :-)

Not sure that helped but thought I would give you an idea. PF CHANGS is right up the street and we are next to Gardena, CA where there are many Asian restaurants as well as Torrance.

Old 10-03-2018, 10:26 PM

13,569 posts, read 9,356,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensadvocate View Post
T
Agenda 21 and one world government is real. The EU is just their testing ground. They are pushing agendas in disguise of saving the world but it’s main goal is social engineering. They pressure countries to comply when they have an international gathering in order to avoid losing face. The people around the world should fight back however they can and do all possible to avoid politicians from taking office who gives in.
Oh gimme a break with the conspiracy theories and paranoia.

Old 10-03-2018, 10:36 PM

2,944 posts, read 1,621,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Oh gimme a break with the conspiracy theories and paranoia.
You must be very oblivious of whats is going on around you and around the world. This is not conspiracy theory.

Old 10-03-2018, 11:08 PM

13,569 posts, read 9,356,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensadvocate View Post
You must be very oblivious of whats is going on around you and around the world. This is not conspiracy theory.
I beg to differ. Bag ordinances aren't complicated. I'm fine with them, it's simple, it works in our area. Your fixation with them...dunno about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California