Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 09:57 PM

914 posts, read 643,107 times

Advertisements

I wonder what has happened to all the money they're already collecting? VOTE YES to REPEAL. My car registration/tax bill has more than doubled. How dare Brown sign this unfair tax into law WITHOUT VOTER VOICES? It's a sign of things to come if Gavin gets in. I will vote YES on the repeal and COX for Governor. MY god we can't afford GAVIN, but that's another thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2018, 05:02 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,546,803 times
Some people want services, but don’t want to pay for them

And who the heck notices 12 cents when gas has shot up a dollar in the last year? Can’t afford the 12 cents? Then skip that Star Bucks coffee once a month!

Where I live there has been a lot of road work in the last year.

Old 09-18-2018, 05:16 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Gee wonder if they made it confusing on purpose??? they also don't use the words gas tax on the prop either
Of course they did. This is how shady CA government and many other state governments are.

This is why CA government loves to hand illegals incentives to come to CA because they can count on fooling them at the polls.

It's also why the US government has done nothing to promote intelligence in our Nation...why do you think we see so many bible thumping anti-science politicians? A dumbed down country or state is much easier to rake over the coals.

Old 09-18-2018, 05:21 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,932 times
We should be demanding accountability and cleanup of our politicians and Caltrans. Repeal the gas tax.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:39 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
We should be demanding accountability and cleanup of our politicians and Caltrans. Repeal the gas tax.
Well you could "repeal" the politician who voted for it.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:47 PM

187 posts, read 206,411 times
Pretty soon, all money everywhere will go toward desperately trying to keep our state's unfunded pensions solvent. It doesn't matter if this tax is repealed, new taxes are created, etc - it's pension turtles all the way down.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:57 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,505,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Some people want services, but don’t want to pay for them

And who the heck notices 12 cents when gas has shot up a dollar in the last year? Can’t afford the 12 cents? Then skip that Star Bucks coffee once a month!

Where I live there has been a lot of road work in the last year.
I was really miffed about this tax that was imposed without voter approval. But, I have to admit I've seen a LOT of road improvements being done around the SF Bay Area - specifically the south bay, around San Jose. The road repair activity has been enormous compared to recent years. So, I'm seeing a lot of benefit from the tax.

So, I'm thinking that I will probably vote to keep the tax after all. BUT, I still want the opportunity to vote for taxes I have to pay. Give me the choice and I will probably vote for it.

In this case, I can actually see what the result will be - since I can already see how the money is actually making a difference where I live.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:44 PM

1,676 posts, read 1,534,863 times
I want the tax to stay.

Old 09-19-2018, 06:24 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
I was really miffed about this tax that was imposed without voter approval. But, I have to admit I've seen a LOT of road improvements being done around the SF Bay Area - specifically the south bay, around San Jose. The road repair activity has been enormous compared to recent years. So, I'm seeing a lot of benefit from the tax.

So, I'm thinking that I will probably vote to keep the tax after all. BUT, I still want the opportunity to vote for taxes I have to pay. Give me the choice and I will probably vote for it.

In this case, I can actually see what the result will be - since I can already see how the money is actually making a difference where I live.
Unlikely to be from the new money. It takes time to plan and implement road work. Plus an effort to maybe say "look what we are doing now" and once the repeal fails, less work done.

Old 09-19-2018, 06:55 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMann2 View Post
I want the tax to stay.
You are free to donate your money to the government without forcing everyone else pay into the scam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Unlikely to be from the new money. It takes time to plan and implement road work. Plus an effort to maybe say "look what we are doing now" and once the repeal fails, less work done.
Exactly this, current projects were planned and funded years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California