Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 04:33 PM

45 posts, read 75,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
Robert carter with the California association of highway patrolmen opposes prop 6
Google his name and salary- astonishing-
Guess we also now know who these super rich patriot police and firefighters support for governor
They are for the big money - not the taxpayers (no longer considered their bosses I guess)
Greasy Gavin obviously owns them

Super rich?! My husband works for CalFire and earns significantly less while working a lot more than his friends working for other county and city departments. His potential retirement is the only incentive to stay, and who knows if it will even still exist when it comes time to collect.
I am a teacher. We are far from rich with our combined incomes.
Despite being a STRS and PERS household, we will be voting YES on 6.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 06:54 PM

872 posts, read 596,088 times
Thank you!

Old 10-08-2018, 07:02 PM

716 posts, read 539,890 times
but its for the children -lol same tactics every year - year in year out - they roll out some dilhole fire or police chief telling you the sky will far and the sun won't come up without the tax

and the voters are too stupid to figure this out - thats why i left the state i was born and raised in after 64 years i have enough of the bull**** and dumb ass people who cant seem to either grasp the fact that taxes hurt everyone one - or that a bond does not cost anyone anything

jerry can kiss my ass he won't be getting anymore state sales taxes, rules taxes income taxes or dumbass fees

Old 10-10-2018, 09:11 PM

50,309 posts, read 47,056,299 times
No one is San Diego will get to access this "Jerry Moonbeam's legacy" bullet train so he can pound sound. Yes on 6.

Old 10-11-2018, 01:38 AM

399 posts, read 221,124 times
Voting no. I like having roads that don't have potholes that wreck my car.

It's also a lot cheaper to resurface a road than to tear it out and rebuild it from scratch because we neglected it for too long.

Also, if you don't like gas taxes, try getting a car with better mileage or a rechargeable battery.

I also support gas taxes on principle because I don't like air pollution.

Old 10-11-2018, 07:09 AM

50,309 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsix View Post

It's also a lot cheaper to resurface a road than to tear it out and rebuild it from scratch because we neglected it for too long.

Also, if you don't like gas taxes, try getting a car with better mileage or a rechargeable battery.

Moonbeam right off the bat even said at least 30% of this will be instantly diverted for other use so you can forget potholes being filled.

Old 10-11-2018, 07:41 AM

Quote:

I don’t think it’s so much an issue with gas tax as it is an issue that the tax was pushed through without a vote. Not ok.

Old 10-11-2018, 10:30 AM

399 posts, read 221,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieIsHere View Post
I don’t think it’s so much an issue with gas tax as it is an issue that the tax was pushed through without a vote. Not ok.
And now you get to vote on it!

Don't tell me you'd vote no on this tax (yes vote technically), but would approve of on an identical tax on the 2020 ballot?

Old 10-11-2018, 10:35 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times
Quote:

Don't tell me you'd vote no on this tax (yes vote technically), but would approve of on an identical tax on the 2020 ballot?
I would not approve of this tax. Sacramento needs to get their **** together before we should write them another check. They are known for inefficiency, waste and diverting funds, where is their accountability? On one hand they fly banners stating 6th largest economy and billions in surplus funds and then have the audacity to write themselves another check via a forced tax.

Old 10-11-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:

This vote is not about gas tax- it’s about the government enacting a tax without voter approval. It’s a vote for democracy. Whether I would or wouldn’t vote for gas tax is really beside the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California