Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 08:59 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,495,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
Folsom is 30% non-white. Sacramento County (where its located) is 50% non-white. How much more "diverse" do you need? Do whites need to be a minority? If that's the case you've made some really strange relocation choices during the time I've noticed you in the forums.
70% white is not diverse. Whites don't need to be a minority. They just need to not be a majority. Come on. You're smarter than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2018, 11:53 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,932,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
"Only" 60% white. Look at the breakdown. 3% black. To me, this is a real indicator of real diversity.

That means that in a classroom of 30 kids, less than 1 kid (.9) is black. So, kids in Folsom probably don't have even 1 black kid in most of their classes.

There's 15% Asian kids. So, there might be 4 Asian kids in a classroom.

There might be 3 Hispanic kids at about 13% Hispanic.

This is not diverse. 60% white is not diverse.
I completely agree, but compared to the vast majority of the nation, this would be considered diverse.

Old 09-21-2018, 02:16 AM

3,477 posts, read 6,510,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
"Only" 60% white. Look at the breakdown. 3% black. To me, this is a real indicator of real diversity.

That means that in a classroom of 30 kids, less than 1 kid (.9) is black. So, kids in Folsom probably don't have even 1 black kid in most of their classes.

There's 15% Asian kids. So, there might be 4 Asian kids in a classroom.

There might be 3 Hispanic kids at about 13% Hispanic.

This is not diverse. 60% white is not diverse.

It means 12 out of the 30 kids aren't white. That's diverse by any metric used by any reporting agency. Seriously, I've seen you make these statements more than once about the rare place that's majority white in California as if there's something wrong with it when the state overall is 38% white and the students in California public schools are 24% white. As a matter of fact California public schools are close to 60% Hispanic now. Using your logic that can't be "diverse".

Old 09-21-2018, 08:49 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,495,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
It means 12 out of the 30 kids aren't white. That's diverse by any metric used by any reporting agency. Seriously, I've seen you make these statements more than once about the rare place that's majority white in California as if there's something wrong with it when the state overall is 38% white and the students in California public schools are 24% white. As a matter of fact California public schools are close to 60% Hispanic now. Using your logic that can't be "diverse".
Irrelevant to this thread. But, really, 0.4% non-white makes the total diverse? I beg to differ.

This thread, however, is about a town that is approximately 60% white. That's a majority. Therefore, it's not diverse.

Not sure what your agenda is with regards to this particular thread, and your apparent problem with me personally. But, any reference to any other town or the state in general is not relevant to this particular thread.

Old 09-21-2018, 09:28 PM

987 posts, read 779,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
Best Place to Raise a Family in California

According to this list:

https://wallethub.com/edu/best-worst...ifornia/15993/

FOLSOM, CA it's a city in Sacramento County next to Folsom Lake and the American River, where the Sacramento Valley meets the Sierra Nevada Foothills.

Intel's Research & Development calls it home and infamous Folsom Prison.

It about 20 mins from downtown Sac and within 1/2 hour of the the high country of the Sierra Nevada.
I was raised in Agoura Hills, Ca 91301. It was a very safe place in the 1980's for kids. Not sure now, but it is probably still very good. My parents were both very industrious; self employed in the Arts and Insurance. They were also RE Investors as well. I remember helping my Dad unload brand new toilets and bathroom vanities out of the back of a circa 1980's LTD Ford Station wagon that caught on fire from under the hood of the vehicle. That was near the Old Price Club (Costco) near Oxnard, CA northbound 101.
We were headed to Cambria, CA where he had land, and plans and specifications for a house built from Pine I believe. It was arch designed to be shaped with nautical influences.
We really did travel a lot. To HI, Canada, AK, NYC, San Diego, all over the Great State of California

We had a great Elementary School, Sumac Elementary. I got to walk in barrels of Jello no not naked just barefoot. Felt really good. The teachers were not sexual predators, and there was not any bullying that I recall back then.
I had a tough time at Lindero High School.
Awkward time broken jaw from being in a car accident (Mom was driving)

On to Agoura High School, I recall no bullying, just the nerds the athletes, the cheerleaders and the punks. Everyone had their own friend group. IMO, I think HS was so much easier back then.

No sell fones no internet just pay phones. We did have video games but they were lame compared to today. We rode bikes did sports and tee peed the neighborhood ha ha ha
The car I remember is the Toyota Van Wagon, the front engine under or between the front console.
Just lots of sex surfing drugs and punk rock and ditching school once in a while lol
I remember my parents would leave me 200 dead presidents for the weekend while they went to their beach house Fun times, and we even has a live in Hispanic housekeeper, until she got pregnant with Juan Jr.

Old 09-21-2018, 11:57 PM

6,900 posts, read 8,267,952 times
So where are the TOP TEN:

Nine are in NorCal; One in SoCal

Sacramento Metro has 2.5 million people: 3 in Top Ten

1. Folsom
4. El Dorado Hills
10. Roseville

Bay Area has 8 plus million people: 6 in Top Ten

2. San Ramon - Inner East Bay
3. Los Altos - South Bay
5. Dublin - Inner East Bay
6. Danville - Inner East Bay
7. Pleasanton - Inner East Bay
8. Cupertino - South Bay

Orange County has 3.3 million people: 1 in Top Ten

9. Aliso Viejo

These areas have NONE in top ten: Fresno, LA, SF Peninsula, Inland Empire, San Diego, Bakersfield, Marin County

Old 09-22-2018, 06:21 AM

26,726 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
So where are the TOP TEN....
Why should someone take the advice of WalletHub, a personal finance website that provides free credit reports? The criteria for "best places to raise a family" is too subjective.

Old 09-22-2018, 09:30 AM

14,303 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Why should someone take the advice of WalletHub, a personal finance website that provides free credit reports? The criteria for "best places to raise a family" is too subjective.
I agree! For instance, Aliso Viejo is not noticeably better than quite a number of other south OC cities for raising a family.

Old 09-22-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
WalletHub is in the business of information gathering, one can use it has guide or starting point for their own needs in their search for the best place to raise a family.

Old 09-22-2018, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
I agree! For instance, Aliso Viejo is not noticeably better than quite a number of other south OC cities for raising a family.
Your comment is subjective, so its probably less valid than WalletHub because WalletHub uses real data, sets a criteria, and uses a methodology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California