Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 04:32 PM

21,673 posts, read 16,211,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Didn't this happen in Santa Monica? Furthermore, the kid permanently disfigured was not the initial aggressor. He was simply defending himself from being pushed in what he believed was a physical threat by a deranged homeless person who ultimately caused permanent injury to the college kid.
Exitus ... go back to the LA homeless thread ... you’ll find the links to the follow ups ... LA Prosecutor determined the ‘victim’ was the aggressor ... case dismissed.

Now, how about this new effort for California to fight election disinformation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2018, 05:02 PM

13,580 posts, read 15,585,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Exitus ... go back to the LA homeless thread ... you’ll find the links to the follow ups ... LA Prosecutor determined the ‘victim’ was the aggressor ... case dismissed.

Now, how about this new effort for California to fight election disinformation?

I don't dispute the prosecutor's statement. I dispute the prosecutor's lack of action on the matter, because the homeless person initiated the altercation. We both know that Garcetti's cadre put the kabash on prosecution because it makes yogapants look bad.

Regarding election disinformation, I'm opposed to all disinformation, such as Pam Harris telling us that it's a good idea to vote for Prop 47 because of whatever her reasons were, and so forth. And I fully support God-Emperor, Charlemagne Reincarnate Donald J. Trump in his consternation regarding Chinese interference in our upcoming elections, so I'm glad Gov. Brown and company are onboard with out living god exalted leader.

Old 09-26-2018, 05:17 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,735,463 times
Oh great another bureaucracy to determine what should be allowed and what should not be. How much money will taxpayers be paying for this "service" I don't remember ever asking for. It's led by democrat. We all know how "honest" they are.

Old 09-26-2018, 05:28 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,104,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Oh great another bureaucracy to determine what should be allowed and what should not be. How much money will taxpayers be paying for this "service" I don't remember ever asking for. It's led by democrat. We all know how "honest" they are.
But they want to help you to vote the right way

Old 09-26-2018, 05:45 PM

Quote:
I don't dispute the prosecutor's statement. I dispute the prosecutor's lack of action on the matter, because the homeless person initiated the altercation. We both know that Garcetti's cadre put the kabash on prosecution because it makes yogapants look bad.

Regarding election disinformation, I'm opposed to all disinformation, such as Pam Harris telling us that it's a good idea to vote for Prop 47 because of whatever her reasons were, and so forth. And I fully support God-Emperor, Charlemagne Reincarnate Donald J. Trump in his consternation regarding Chinese interference in our upcoming elections, so I'm glad Gov. Brown and company are onboard with out living god exalted leader.
Lol. You know the sole homeless person initiated the altercation with a group of college drinking buddies ... because they said so? Right. Because when you’re alone in a park at 3am and approached by a group of young drunk men, it’s always best to run up and start a fight. Lololol

Well, anyhoo ... good you hate disinformation!

Old 09-26-2018, 06:52 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,326,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
But they want to help you to vote the right way
No, the Left way.

Old 09-26-2018, 09:54 PM

13,580 posts, read 15,585,521 times
Quote:
Lol. You know the sole homeless person initiated the altercation with a group of college drinking buddies ... because they said so? Right. Because when you’re alone in a park at 3am and approached by a group of young drunk men, it’s always best to run up and start a fight. Lololol

Well, anyhoo ... good you hate disinformation!
The story I read stated that the homeless person was the initiator because he believed the college students were in his territory and trying to take his stuff.

But I thought we were talking about election disinformation now, so...

Do you believe that Chinese insurgents who are trying to undermine our elections and subvert the will of the American electorate should be given helicopter rides?

Posting the meme just for you since I know you love it -- you're welcome.

Old 09-26-2018, 10:31 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,104,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
No, the Left way.
Yep, that way.

Old 09-27-2018, 09:41 AM

Quote:
The story I read stated that the homeless person was the initiator because he believed the college students were in his territory and trying to take his stuff.

But I thought we were talking about election disinformation now, so...

Do you believe that Chinese insurgents who are trying to undermine our elections and subvert the will of the American electorate should be given helicopter rides?

Posting the meme just for you since I know you love it -- you're welcome.
“The story [you] read”, huh ... if the college kids were messing with his stuff, while they were drunk at 3am, then they were the “initiators”. But the real “story” is the determination of the prosecutor’s office ...

Meanwhile, I pretty much assume EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE that CAN cyber-mess with each other is doing so. Including US. Which is why I like Brown / California stepping into the fray.

And as someone who knows first-hand what it is like to dangle out the open door of helicopters hundreds of feet in the air at 100+ mph - no, I don’t endorse giving “rides” any more than I approve of waterboarding. Those kinds of techniques and responses are indicative of twisted minds, usually people who have zero grasp of psychology ... let alone morality.

Old 09-27-2018, 12:40 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,326,514 times
Quote:
“The story [you] read”, huh ... if the college kids were messing with his stuff, while they were drunk at 3am, then they were the “initiators”. But the real “story” is the determination of the prosecutor’s office ...

Meanwhile, I pretty much assume EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE that CAN cyber-mess with each other is doing so. Including US. Which is why I like Brown / California stepping into the fray.

And as someone who knows first-hand what it is like to dangle out the open door of helicopters hundreds of feet in the air at 100+ mph - no, I don’t endorse giving “rides” any more than I approve of waterboarding. Those kinds of techniques and responses are indicative of twisted minds, usually people who have zero grasp of psychology ... let alone morality.
True, though what is moral anymore is a very small amount of things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California