Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will you vote on Prop 6?
Yes 50 61.73%
No 31 38.27%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 07:45 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
For me there is much more at stake than the gas and car tax increase. Our rights as voters are at stake here. If you vote NO, you are forfeiting your right to vote on this matter in the future. That's right. Politicians can raise gas and car taxes again and again in the future without voter approval. We are still a democracy in which voters can vote on matters they care about. Let's protect that by voting YES on 6.
Are you serious, we get to vote on matters we care about? My federal income taxes are going up because of the Trump tax bill and I sure don't recall being allowed to vote for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2018, 07:53 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Are you serious, we get to vote on matters we care about? My federal income taxes are going up because of the Trump tax bill and I sure don't recall being allowed to vote for that.
Wow your taxes are going up??? Mine went down and I make a LOT. You must be making wayyy more than most people, in effect you are one of the rich you want taxed.

Old 10-18-2018, 07:55 AM

50,290 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Keeping on topic about what's going on at the State level here.
YES ON 6
https://patch.com/california/san-die...al-cost-living
The report says a two-car family will pay at least $1,500 annually in taxes if the gas tax remains law.

Public safety officers saber rattling worried about their pensions.

Old 10-18-2018, 09:28 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,428,879 times
Yes on 6, the politicians rammed this through with no ability of the people to do anything about it. They have a insatiable thirst for money and they squander out money so badly.
A lot of the money from the gas tax increase is going to the train that will never be finished and some to bicycle lanes where there were car lanes making traffic even worse.
Non of this tax increase will be for new roads or widening any roads.
California has a huge pension debt and a lot of people including me suspect that some of the money thats suppose to go to roads will go to pensions.
Yes on 6, stop this tax increase.
This tax cost poor people a lot more than it does more affluent, everybody who drives pay and most everyone drives here.
Prop 6 is our only chance ever to repeal this tax, This is it , there won't be another chance. your going to have to pay this tax the rest of your life including when your old.
The politicians changed the title from "Repeals the gas and car registration tax increase " to "stops road repairs. It doesn't stop road repairs, just the new recent gas tax increase, they have plenty of money for road maintenance.
So now people who want to stop the gas tax are easily confused if they don't read the voter guide info.
Vote Yes on 6

Last edited by V8 Vega; 10-18-2018 at 09:51 AM..

Old 10-18-2018, 10:39 AM

3,437 posts, read 3,286,809 times
how come roads are better in OC than LA?

Old 10-18-2018, 10:54 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,181,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
how come roads are better in OC than LA?
I've always wondered that too. Driving on the 5 is especially obvious. I heard that a long time ago OC had a special road tax and our politicians actually did put it all to the roads. OC is also a lot newer the LA.

Old 10-18-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I've always wondered that too. Driving on the 5 is especially obvious. I heard that a long time ago OC had a special road tax and our politicians actually did put it all to the roads. OC is also a lot newer the LA.
then maybe only the counties that need a lot of repairs will need to raise their tax?

Old 10-18-2018, 12:29 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,181,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
then maybe only the counties that need a lot of repairs will need to raise their tax?
Then everyone would avoid the LA and SF gas stations. That won't do at all.

Old 10-18-2018, 12:36 PM

531 posts, read 758,497 times
How about explaining why you want to pay more tax than other people paying?

Next, will be answering why not just donate your money to the governments if you are so found of paying more tax?

Old 10-18-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Then everyone would avoid the LA and SF gas stations. That won't do at all.
thats their problem. we solved the problem in OC w/o asking for the others to pitch in
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California