Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will you vote on Prop 6?
Yes 50 61.73%
No 31 38.27%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 09:10 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Every time you buy gas remember it could be 12 cents a gallon cheaper if there weren't so many stupid voters here that voted against 6.
And for what, your money down the bottomless black hole of goverment.
I paid $2.48 for gas in Roseville, Ca. That seems pretty darned good to me even with a 12 cent tax. Who knows, I might go 6 months without a wheel alignment if they fix some of the roads with the SB1 money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2018, 09:38 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Every time you buy gas remember it could be 12 cents a gallon cheaper if there weren't so many stupid voters here that voted against 6.
And for what, your money down the bottomless black hole of goverment.
Gas is cheaper because oil is cheaper right now. Don't complain about it. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Old 12-20-2018, 12:23 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,500,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Gas is cheaper because oil is cheaper right now. Don't complain about it. Enjoy it while it lasts.
I'm also enjoying driving on better roads, thanks to the gas tax. At least that's a tax I can see and experience the benefits of with my own eyes and vehicle, not having to dodge as many pot holes.

I think this might be the thread that wouldn't die....

Old 12-20-2018, 07:12 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,812,827 times
This proposition failed. Time to move on....

//www.city-data.com/forum/calif...ker-since.html

Old 12-20-2018, 09:15 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,428,879 times
Every time I see a road worker there is 6 of them standing around and one working. This is your tax money. I was a machinist and I had to work every minute of the working day or get fired. Public employees can't get fired and don't have to do a darn thing.

Old 12-21-2018, 12:50 PM

531 posts, read 758,497 times
V8 Vega: This is your tax money.

I Would guess V8 Vega meant California Tax payers' tax money.

Just got back from 8888+ miles road trip. There are states with bad roads and states with good roads. Kentucky impressed me the most. Their freeways smooth like a silk.

Do other states build roads without tax payers' money? Which states?

If the answer is all roads(most of them) are payed by tax payers' money, then what kind of line is This is your tax money.?

What does This is your tax money. mean?

The real question is how much tax is enough to build good roads?

Why would anyone avoid this reasonable question? For what purpose? To what motive?....

Old 12-21-2018, 01:36 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,776,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k81689 View Post

Just got back from 8888+ miles road trip. There are states with bad roads and states with good roads. Kentucky impressed me the most. Their freeways smooth like a silk.

If the answer is all roads(most of them) are payed by tax payers' money, then what kind of line is This is your tax money.?

Why would anyone avoid this reasonable question? For what purpose? To what motive?....
California has the 2nd highest gas tax in the country yet has some of the worst roads. Texas's gas tax is less than 1/4 of California's yet has much better roads.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:13 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,428,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k81689 View Post

What it means is the unbelievable waste and inefficiency of goverment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California