Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 11:52 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,812,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJonesIII View Post
But don't worry guys, I see some regurgitated propaganda from the LA Times in your future.
Has CaliR returned to the forum?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2018, 11:55 AM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
That's a great point davidt1- everyone should go to https://transparentcalifornia.com/ and look up some of the salaries for their local "public servants" you don't even need to buy a lottery ticket- just "work" a few years at 250k plus /year and BINGO! you're millionaire !!! and go on to become multi- millionaires on the backs of the taxpayers- they don't even try to hide it anymore -why should they?
meanwhile - the most poverty in the US... the liberal ideal...
Okay. I agree, there are a number of retired people who do have a pretty nice retirement with the government but many of those people enjoying that were either safety members (law enforcement) or held high positions within their department. The majority of retirees don't see large pensions. I can vouch for that. You can spend 30 years in a government job and not see much more than 30K and if you worked less years than that, an even lower amount. Of course, I've always said city government pays more than county and state is in the middle of those two.

Try not to lump all government workers into one basket, please. Not all of us receive six digit incomes. Not even high five digit, and a great many of us must purchase our own health insurance. It isn't a guaranteed benefit that was promised to them. Not all government agencies are the same and neither are the pensions.

Old 10-21-2018, 12:21 PM

872 posts, read 595,907 times
Just look up the salaries of some of your co workers or just do a random search- do you know where Hemet California is? - plug it into the transparent California website- that's a pretty tiny little place and not all the nice or special really- what do you think of those incomes?
Try it for yourself for a city or agency of your choosing- that's why the tax increases are an ethnical and moral abomination- the most poverty in the US- the most- how many salaries do you scroll down before you get below 100k/ year in little ol Hemet?

Old 10-21-2018, 12:22 PM

872 posts, read 595,907 times
That's only incomes - the capital over expenditures are just as bad or worse in their level of disgusting avarice.

Old 10-21-2018, 02:13 PM

21,737 posts, read 16,350,818 times
My my ... my earlier comment has drawn metaphors

Now, my point restated is: It is disingenuous and disrespecting of the process to lump 385 separate issues together under one sensationalist heading: $3.6 BILLION IN NEW TAXES!! ... purpose of doing that is nothing less than arson ... to peoples’ hair. “Oh My God More Taxes We’re All Going To Die!”

No. We’re not. These are 385 separate issue proposals. And no one in the state is going to have to pay for all of them even if all are passed ... to say nothing of the fact that if all were passed and shared equally it really comes down to about $8 and change per month per person ... WHICH, as I subsequently pointed out, really threatens only Starbucks.

I mean, get a grip people.

Read the proposals and issues that might affect you. Some of them might have merit ... some are certain to be pork. Pick your winners and losers ... have a beer or a joint ... adjust your Starbuck’s budget as may be necessary ... vote ... and move on with your life.

“Cheese and crackers,” as my daughter often says rolling her eyes in wonderment at minutia.

Old 10-21-2018, 11:44 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Has CaliR returned to the forum?
lol I was thinking the same thing

Old 10-21-2018, 11:48 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJonesIII View Post
Sporty,

The typical defense is to try and reduce these things to the ridiculous and then try and discount the whole thing. The end game is to nickel and dime you to death. It's always been the cumulative impact of these things that break the back of the Middle Class.
Sporty is lumping a large number of local tax and bond measures together which is bizarre because their reach is limited to the municipality or county where they are being voted on. There is no "cumulative"effect of local tax measures unless you live in several different cities at the same time

Old 10-22-2018, 01:56 AM

1,203 posts, read 836,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Sporty is lumping a large number of local tax and bond measures together which is bizarre because their reach is limited to the municipality or county where they are being voted on. There is no "cumulative"effect of local tax measures unless you live in several different cities at the same time
Please try to stop being so argumentative and please stop making assumptions of what I was talking about (jump to conclusions much?). My comment is based on a cumulative effect of punitive measures that collectively add up to a substantial amount of money (I believe most people would understand this). For example, increases in DMV charges, cost to go to community colleges, CRV, paying for part of a businesses employee's health care when you go out to restaurants, PGE increases, etc (it can be a fairly long list). I'm really not in the mood to have to argue with you on every little thing. Try and relax. Feel free to have your last word and I'll just use the ignore function as you seem to want to jab at everything (and that's get very tiring after awhile and comes across as extremely petty). Have a good one.

Last edited by JJonesIII; 10-22-2018 at 02:42 AM..

Old 10-22-2018, 07:14 AM

716 posts, read 539,734 times
the OP is right - over the years the bonds and tax increases will have a major effect on the TAXPAYER = if you would take the time to just look at your property tax bill many of you would see -20 -25% or more is bonds - passed by those lying liberals who think it does not cost much

now at that to the tax tax, fees, utility taxes. sales taxes its a **** load of money - -the idea thats its not much is bull - its not much for those free loaders who the democrats cow-tow to but for the working guy it is

just another confirmation that getting out was easy choice for us- the liberals will take take take

Old 10-22-2018, 07:27 AM

1,203 posts, read 836,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoolu View Post
the OP is right - over the years the bonds and tax increases will have a major effect on the TAXPAYER = if you would take the time to just look at your property tax bill many of you would see -20 -25% or more is bonds - passed by those lying liberals who think it does not cost much

now at that to the tax tax, fees, utility taxes. sales taxes its a **** load of money - -the idea thats its not much is bull - its not much for those free loaders who the democrats cow-tow to but for the working guy it is

just another confirmation that getting out was easy choice for us- the liberals will take take take
Our property tax bill has more than doubled in the 24 years we've owned our home. Of course these assessments will take their toll. And as Ultrarunner has pointed out numerous times, the people in this state are very generous in tacking on these assessments every time something comes up for a vote. It's the same comments with it being only a small amount because we need it for "x" (usually the schools). Not to mention, how many times have we had a "temporary" tax increase that became permanent? Usually the ones that expire are simply replaced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California