Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 05:27 PM

119 posts, read 139,373 times

Advertisements

I voted for Cox, and voted even more conservatively this year than ever before--which is saying something. Usually, I vote for a mix of conservative and libertarian candidates.

I'm moving to Texas in a couple of weeks anyway, though. Y'all can have the s**tstorm that will be the Any Twosome Newsom administration. Too bad, because, aside from politics, I actually, really love California and Californians (as long as politics aren't discussed with many). But a hopefully better job and saner politics are calling me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2018, 06:39 PM

999 posts, read 553,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Laws and regulations which protect the environment are not junk science.

We need them to keep California beautiful.

I don't know where you live, but the freeways near me are not only clean and smooth, but freshly paved and striped.
I regularly travel between southern CA and the central valley and I've seen no trash either. Anyway, garbage bags were not banned.

Old 11-04-2018, 07:59 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,425,125 times
I'll vote for Cox, it's possible after all Trump won when everyone expected that lying old hag.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:53 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,116,346 times
One could wish. Gavin Newsome is the definition of an entitled dirty politician.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:10 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericaBravoCharles View Post
I voted for Cox, and voted even more conservatively this year than ever before--which is saying something. Usually, I vote for a mix of conservative and libertarian candidates.

I'm moving to Texas in a couple of weeks anyway, though. Y'all can have the s**tstorm that will be the Any Twosome Newsom administration. Too bad, because, aside from politics, I actually, really love California and Californians (as long as politics aren't discussed with many). But a hopefully better job and saner politics are calling me.
Would be great if this state had some saner politics .

Maybe we just have to hit rock bottom .. it sometimes feels like we already have though .

Old 11-06-2018, 08:55 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,425,125 times
Thats been my thought too, I guess this state will have to absolutely collapse, were heading there fast.

Old 11-06-2018, 01:56 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,780,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Those challenges are and have been happening everywhere, for a long time, under various administrations of both parties all across the nation ... and, frankly, all around the world under all forms of governments.

Try again.
I wish you would think before you respond.

For a liberal government that claims to care about poor people and in the world's 5th largest economy at that, out of control homelessness, poverty, income inequality are OK?

Because there is poverty in much poorer Mississippi, poverty is OK here too? Because there are problems with homelessness in Bangladesh, homelessness in much richer CA is acceptable? If a neighboring state has 500 murders, it's OK if we have 499 murders?

If these problems occur in a poor red state run the republicans, one could make the cliched accusation that the republicans don't care about poor people. How come in a rich state, the world's 5th largest economy, run by a liberal government that says it cares about poor people, these problems are just as bad or even worse?

Last edited by davidt1; 11-06-2018 at 02:11 PM..

Old 11-06-2018, 02:22 PM

21,734 posts, read 16,337,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post

For a liberal government that claims to care about poor people and in the world's 5th largest economy at that, out of control homelessness, poverty, income inequality are OK?

Because there is poverty in much poorer Mississippi, poverty is OK here too? Because there are problems with homelessness in Bangladesh, homelessness in much richer CA is acceptable? If a neighboring state has 500 murders, it's OK if we have 499 murders?

If these problems occur in a poor red state run the republicans, one could make the cliched accusation that the republicans don't care about poor people. How come in a rich state, the world's 5th largest economy, run by a liberal government that says it cares about poor people, these problems are just as bad or even worse?
Perhaps you should think more carefully before you respond. I didn’t say anything about those things being “okay.”

I said those issues aren’t unique to “librul hell” California.

And they’re not.

Old 11-06-2018, 02:42 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,511,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
I'll vote for Cox, it's possible after all Trump won when everyone expected that lying old hag.

You're older than Hillary.

I guess you're young at heart .

Old 11-06-2018, 03:54 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post

They don’t care about anyone . They don’t care about the poor or homeless and they don’t care about the hardworking people that pay taxes and pay their salaries .

They just constantly virtue signal and talk about symbolic stuff and identity politics and how terrible Trump is instead of actually doing anything
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California