Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 03:11 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,918,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarView View Post
Cambria..........
That is where I grew up! I had to respond since you mentioned this place. Fantastic little town if you are NOT a kid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2008, 01:03 PM

1,634 posts, read 6,718,934 times
Somewhere between Monterey and Santa Barbara, probably SLO County, probably Cambria. If I was filthy rich, I'd try to find a place off HWY 1 between San Simeon and Carmel (or a house in Cambria right on the water). Now I'm dreaming. I think I'll go buy a lotto ticket.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:22 PM

1,634 posts, read 6,718,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve97415 View Post
Montecito. Anything else would be a distant second...maybe somewhere near Mill Valley in Marin County.
No disrepect, but I honestly don't get the whole Montecito thing. It's like one of the most expensive places to buy in the U.S. and to me it's not that impressive. The ocean view is nice, but I've seen a lot better through out this state.The 101 runs right through it, that's what I don't get. If I had to money to buy in Montecito, I could afford to buy a place with a more beautiful ocean view and not a view of the HWY. You might even get close to buying an ocean front ranch somewhere for what you'd pay in Montecito. Because it's next to Santa Barbara? I don't get it.

Old 06-09-2008, 02:12 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,918,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA central coast View Post
No disrepect, but I honestly don't get the whole Montecito thing. It's like one of the most expensive places to buy in the U.S. and to me it's not that impressive. The ocean view is nice, but I've seen a lot better through out this state.The 101 runs right through it, that's what I don't get. If I had to money to buy in Montecito, I could afford to buy a place with a more beautiful ocean view and not a view of the HWY. You might even get close to buying an ocean front ranch somewhere for what you'd pay in Montecito. Because it's next to Santa Barbara? I don't get it.
You are SOOOO right. I live in SB and if I had more money than I knew what to do with I would live in Hope Ranch before Montecito. There are some condo's in Montecito that are right next to railroad tracks and sell for over 1mil.

J

Old 06-10-2008, 11:04 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times
I'd get a much bigger home in the city of Rancho Cucamonga where I am now. I may get a beach house in San Diego or Newport Beach. I've never been anywhere in northern California, so I'll look around up there & see if a certain city tickles my fancy!

Old 06-11-2008, 11:09 AM

162 posts, read 572,559 times
Cambria or Carmel.

Old 06-11-2008, 02:09 PM

812 posts, read 4,083,822 times
Ok, I'll play. I'd keep the family place we currently have in Tahoe, although maybe I'd sell it and get a place with lake frontage.

My weekday house would be one of those great homes on Broadway in Pacific Heights in SF, with a weekend home with plenty of land, perhaps in Sunol where I could get the lush greenery of Niles Canyon and the rolling hills of the tri-valley area... so that I could pop over on Friday afternoons to escape the concrete jungle.

I'd also keep a place in San Diego... I'm not too big a fan of La Jolla to be truthful... although any other beach town would do... Del Mar, Solana Beach, Encinitas, or perhaps on one of those few streets in Rancho Santa Fe that have the lagoon view. I wouldn't want it right on the ocean for landslides, trespassers, beach traffic, and the like, but perhaps on a hill with the view and sounds of the waves.

Finally, I'd like a place in Carmel... one of those old, small bungalows in town, where I could stroll around town, or just walk to the beach or a coffee shop when I craved the fog.

Old 06-11-2008, 02:53 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,235,498 times
Money is an issue, but I'm very blessed to be living in San Diego County. And there is no other place in the state I'd rather be.

I'm very proud of our state though, I think it has so much to offer, there are a number of great cities across the state.

Old 06-11-2008, 02:53 PM

303 posts, read 846,236 times
Man I love California SO much it is beyond difficult for me to decide. I'd probably live in one of the beach cities in San Diego County or probably around Carmel. I need to get up to NorCal and CenCal sometime.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:11 PM

349 posts, read 1,544,977 times
I'd love to build a house with a view of Big Sur. Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo are also beautiful coastal towns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California