Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 06:57 AM

26,712 posts, read 26,770,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
...since children of all immigrants are citizens, including illegals those children are fully eligible for every and all government assistant programs. Again, if their parents hadn't immigrated here illegally, they wouldn't be here in our school system or living in section 8 housing or be eligible for SNAP.
You've got some mixed up ideas about DACA recipients.

Understanding DACA and education in California: https://edsource.org/2017/understand...k-guide/586829

10 Things You Need to Know about DACA, 'Dreamers' and Trump: https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ump/627676001/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2019, 10:16 AM

28,113 posts, read 63,638,166 times
Just a minor point regarding voting with undocumented status in San Francisco

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...ctions-n893221

Old 01-14-2019, 02:20 PM

21,724 posts, read 16,323,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Who are you kidding? The problem with your argument is that illegals don't vote but their children and grandchildren do when they are old enough, and they number in the millions. That's the whole point of the conversation. If illegal immigration was controlled, these people wouldn't be voting here since their parents had no right to be in this country.
Also, since children of all immigrants are citizens, including illegals those children are fully eligible for every and all government assistant programs. Again, if their parents hadn't immigrated here illegally, they wouldn't be here in our school system or living in section 8 housing or be eligible for SNAP.
The illegal population numbers always goes up and down from year to year and decade to decade so arguing that the number of illegals might be down right now, means nothing in another year or 10 years.
1. I’m not kidding anybody.

2. I wasn’t presenting an argument ... I was factually correcting a myth.

3. And yes, the illegal population goes up and down some from year to year ... but I’m not referring to that. I refer to long term trend lines. Which line trended up steadily until the recessesion. And now has trended steadily down since.

All clarified above, while I am strongly supportive of deep immigration controls, I will point out a couple things:

1. The problem is political, not social. Obviously these illegals are filling functions that most Americans won’t. While it is grossly unfair that anyone “jump the line” by circumventing legal pathways to residency, the solution lies with the federal politicians and if they won’t address it, those jobs still need to be filled for businesses to function. And advocating for complete and immediate removal of these undocumented workers without a replacement program would cripple our national economy.

2. The natural born children and grandchildren of illegals don’t vote until they are old enough to become engaged by the political processes of our country. If conservatives have a superior program of inclusion and prosperity to sell then they can win the votes to support conservative governance ... if they don’t, well, they won’t.

Old 01-17-2019, 09:40 PM

817 posts, read 921,551 times
If conservatives, or more accurately, if Republicans put together a program to reach prosperity and equality of opportunity, the left will label it as racist, sexist, and homophobic, and Brooke Baldwin will have people on her show talking those points while she sits there with that facial expression of just having bit into a lemon.

I don't really mean if, because that has already happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California