Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 03:05 PM

3,272 posts, read 3,935,073 times

Advertisements

Or will will just keep voting in more? Common sense would say that at some point in time people would say, enough is enough.

But that doesn't seem to be the case?

What say you?

Tax the rich, feed the poor, 'til there are no rich no more.

I'd love to change the world...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2018, 03:12 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
Or will will just keep voting in more? Common sense would say that at some point in time people would say, enough is enough.

What say you?

Once the Middle Class is gone, maybe.

Old 12-12-2018, 03:56 PM

2,347 posts, read 3,334,876 times
The short answer is: not likely.

My opinion, for whatever it's worth, is that this is being driven by two things:

One, the Dems seem to be on a bent for 100% taxation. Then doling out food, shelter, etc, based on whatever arbitrary criteria they come up with. Say what you want about "biting the hand that feeds you", but it's a strategy that has been proven to work as a means of staying in power basically forever.

Two, Millenials who absolutely got clobbered by 2008 and continue to struggle to make ends meet, never mind getting ahead. This has nothing to do with reality and everything to do with perception (another political truism BTW). They feel anger and resentful and 'priced out' and figure that if the American Dream is out of reach for them, then do everything they can to take it away from those who have it. Basically just out of raw spite and seeking a sense of retribution-in essence saying that if THEY can't have it, then no one else should either.

Old 12-12-2018, 04:52 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,549,065 times
Quote:

What say you?

The rich will always be with us to paraphrase Jesus. As will be the poor. I can’t believe you suggest we don’t feed the poor! I’m a Republican and I believe we should pay taxes.

The rich can afford to pay taxes, buy expensive houses and cars. Fly to Europe. And eat well. Why do you think we should not feed the poor?

Old 12-12-2018, 05:27 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,964,842 times
Probably not, the more politicians make people reliant on government handouts, the more votes they will get to continue and expand.

Old 12-12-2018, 06:06 PM

3,272 posts, read 3,935,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
The rich will always be with us to paraphrase Jesus. As will be the poor. I can’t believe you suggest we don’t feed the poor! I’m a Republican and I believe we should pay taxes.

The rich can afford to pay taxes, buy expensive houses and cars. Fly to Europe. And eat well. Why do you think we should not feed the poor?
Nice of you to decide how to spend my money. Are you sure you're a Republican?

As a Jew, my religion mandates that I help other people. It doesn't mandate that I make other people help them.

Old 12-12-2018, 06:14 PM

21,738 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:

As a Jew, my religion mandates that I help other people. It doesn't mandate that I make other people help them.
OIC. Let me guess: you feed the suffering and proles cake, right?

Old 12-12-2018, 06:20 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,248,990 times
I heard CA is considering a text messaging tax. Add that to the absurdity. I don't know if it'll ever end.

Old 12-12-2018, 06:41 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,549,065 times
Quote:

Hi to a fellow Jew. Both my parents were Jews. And why do you question my voter registration?

Arnold is a Republican. He was a moderate as am I. My guess is my taxes is higher than yours, so I’m spending more of my money than your’s.

My guess you won’t respond to this post

Old 12-12-2018, 06:48 PM

8,338 posts, read 2,966,443 times
I already have and am moving out of state next spring after 58 years.

Ca. has gone to hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California