Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 05:22 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,140,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I don’t understand. Are you suggesting that when Trump lets thousands of prisoners out of federal detention from California facilities, the outcome will be different than when California let prisoners out? How could that be possible?
What makes you think we like what Trump did?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2018, 05:54 PM

21,735 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
What makes you think we like what Trump did?
I didn’t suggest you or Exitus do like it. I said exactly that you must be pi**ed at Trump for signing such an outrageously stupic bill letting more criminals loose in California, eh? Talk to Exitus. He seems all bent out of shape over me pointing this out, what your hero did.

Lmao.

Old 12-24-2018, 06:57 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times
Quote:
I didn’t suggest you or Exitus do like it. I said exactly that you must be pi**ed at Trump for signing such an outrageously stupic bill letting more criminals loose in California, eh? Talk to Exitus. He seems all bent out of shape over me pointing this out, what your hero did.

Lmao.
No, I'm not bent out of shape. As has been stated, this isn't the POC forum, so discussion of federal politics is beyond the scope of this forum.

And I'm in too good a mood to be upset about anything, because I'm about to sit down to some great home cooking. Merry Yule everybody.

Old 12-24-2018, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
No, I'm not bent out of shape. As has been stated, this isn't the POC forum, so discussion of federal politics is beyond the scope of this forum.

And I'm in too good a mood to be upset about anything, because I'm about to sit down to some great home cooking. Merry Yule everybody.
Heh. Federal policies that directly affect California certainly are very much in the scope of this forum. Especially when they mirror a state policy that Californians are pi**ed about. Your boy just added insult to injury. Hope it doesn’t ruin your holiday!

Old 12-24-2018, 07:08 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times
Quote:
Heh. Federal policies that directly affect California certainly are very much in the scope of this forum. Especially when they mirror a state policy that Californians are pi**ed about. Your boy just added insult to injury. Hope it doesn’t ruin your holiday!
Would you please give it a rest? I'm trying to listen to Bing Crosby sing Jingle Bells. Good evening to you, sir.

Old 12-24-2018, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Would you please give it a rest? I'm trying to listen to Bing Crosby sing Jingle Bells. Good evening to you, sir.
What, are you the Grinch? I’m having fun ... helluvaa good time.

Old 12-26-2018, 02:28 AM

1,122 posts, read 961,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
CA was ordered by the US Supreme Court in 2009 to cut back it's prison population due to overcrowding. In 1970 Prisons represented 2.8% of the state budget, now it represents 9% of the budget.

it costs $80k a year to house inmates in California on a per capita basis so i'm sorry as long as they are not committing violent crimes I'm ok with them being out.

Not sure why anyone would support locking these people up at $80k a year for commiting property crimes it just doesn't make sense. The average Household here doesn't make that much.
Excuse me? Don't make that much? Oh really? My husband is a Tug Captain/Crew Chief and makes good money and we have seen too many robberies in our area. We have cops on our community page who live in our area and they say it is going to get much worse so be prepared. That is a stupid statement to make that people do not make much money. Just because they chose NOT to live in a high dollar neighborhood - spend over a million on a home does not mean they do not make a lot of money. You are being foolish with that remark.

We are seeing it on live TV right before our eyes as these punks steal vehicles from HARD working folks and go on crime sprees - then pursuits on local freeway. LOCK their butts up. ENOUGH.

Old 12-26-2018, 09:05 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times
Quote:
it costs $80k a year to house inmates in California on a per capita basis so i'm sorry as long as they are not committing violent crimes I'm ok with them being out.
I hope this life long meth addict thief moves to your neighborhood when he get's out for the umpteenth time.

Commercial Burglary-Suspect Arrested

Quote:
The suspect was identified as Domingo Molina Jr. (34), who has a history of theft and fleeing from police officers after committing crimes
He's now 35. He was sentenced to 16 months in prison on methamphetamine and gang changes in March 2006.

Police detain one in connection to shooting Since he was never charged and was only a person of interest this means he falls under non-violent offender.
Quote:
Not sure why anyone would support locking these people up at $80k a year for committing property crimes it just doesn't make sense. The average Household here doesn't make that much.
Because they are a menace to society and life long criminals.

Let's look at his recent crime spree's.

Quote:
COURT DOCKET BAIL CHARGE
18-SM-000630-A USD 10,000.00 M 11364 HS Possession Of Drug Paraphernalia
18-SF-008133-A USD 40,000.00 F 460(b) PC BURGLARY-MOTOR VEHICLE
18-SF-008133-A USD 40,000.00 M 148(a)(1) PC Resist, Obstruct, Delay Of Peace Officer Or EMT
17-SM-001749-A USD 7,500.00 M 11377(a) HS Possessing A Controlled Substance
16-SM-005067-A USD 7,500.00 M 148(a)(1) PC Resist, Obstruct, Delay Of Peace Officer Or EMT
17-SM-015320-A USD 7,500.00 M 135 PC Destroying Evidence
17-SM-015320-A USD 7,500.00 M 11364 HS Possession Of Drug Paraphernalia
17-SM-015320-A USD 7,500.00 M 11377(a) HS Possessing A Controlled Substance
18-SM-011264-A USD 10,000.00 M 11377(a) HS Possessing A Controlled Substance
18-SM-011264-A USD 10,000.00 M 11364 HS Possession Of Drug Paraphernalia
I hope as soon as Molina is released he starts targeting the homes of folks who think like you.

The 75K per year is a CA government issue and can be changed. It's just one of many examples of how taxpayers money is mismanaged. Taxpayers aren’t getting a good return on investment when it comes to California’s prison system.

Does it cost $75K per year to lock up an inmate in California?

Old 12-26-2018, 10:59 AM

3,877 posts, read 3,895,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
I hope this life long meth addict thief moves to your neighborhood when he get's out for the umpteenth time.

Commercial Burglary-Suspect Arrested

He's now 35. He was sentenced to 16 months in prison on methamphetamine and gang changes in March 2006.

Police detain one in connection to shooting Since he was never charged and was only a person of interest this means he falls under non-violent offender.
Because they are a menace to society and life long criminals.

Let's look at his recent crime spree's.

I hope as soon as Molina is released he starts targeting the homes of folks who think like you.

The 75K per year is a CA government issue and can be changed. It's just one of many examples of how taxpayers money is mismanaged. Taxpayers aren’t getting a good return on investment when it comes to California’s prison system.

Does it cost $75K per year to lock up an inmate in California?
I'm good sounds like he's making a good living in your neighborhood as is why would he leave? lol If Molina is already in jail what's the problem?

Old 12-26-2018, 11:36 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times
Quote:
If Molina is already in jail what's the problem?
He's a non-violent offender and due to the like of folks like you will most likely be out soon.

Recall this statement? " as long as they are not committing violent crimes I'm ok with them being out."

Here you go folks a typical NIMBY.

Quote:
I'm good sounds like he's making a good living in your neighborhood...
I hope him or other's just like him target your property. I wonder if you would still be ok with non-violent career criminals being let out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California