Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 10:19 AM

10,352 posts, read 8,578,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
sorry I struck a nerve. It must have taken you a half hour to compose that post.
No time at. Maybe you think it took a half and hour to write because it took you a half an hour to read then try to understand it?
I don’t mind it, I get rep points from people that don’t agree with your narrow points of view when I address yours.
The funny thing is you can’t refute anything I wrote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2019, 01:03 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,554,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
No time at. Maybe you think it took a half and hour to write because it took you a half an hour to read then try to understand it?
I don’t mind it, I get rep points from people that don’t agree with your narrow points of view when I address yours.
The funny thing is you can’t refute anything I wrote.
I don’t have the time to refute your rant. Give it a rest. Gosh if I moved out of CA the last place I would post would be the CA forum. I would have no interest or reason

Old 01-03-2019, 01:38 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,412,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Lol. You post whiny complaints repetitively about all manner of topics ... and call me a “bitter old man” . THAT is rich, really.

I don’t complain about my life or California or the nation. At all. Ever. Happy as a clam with my minimalist lifestyle ... which is entirely by intention and preference ... not by financial limitation.

I have no idea of your wealth and couldn’t care less. And I don’t know if I have a greater net worth, and don’t care. But I will tell you that I did unusually well in certan investments I started in the 1970’s ... can buy whatever I want including California coastal houses - cash - anytime I want.

Thing is, bubba, I don’t want. I’m a minimalist, not a materialist, by nature ... not by necessity. To me, the real definition of wealth and, as you so elegantly phrase it: “much” ... is love and friendship, skills well applied, service to community and nation, good health, and engagement with the activities of the great outdoors.

Can’t beat it with a stick. Now run along to your prized Bentley ...
A dying life style these days.

Old 01-03-2019, 07:15 PM

Quote:
I don’t have the time to refute your rant. Give it a rest. Gosh if I moved out of CA the last place I would post would be the CA forum. I would have no interest or reason
Yet here you are. You claim to be happy in California, isn’t that enough? Or do you have to have everyone else spouting out repeats of your beliefs and nothing else? Maybe you just aren’t quite as happy as you would like people to believe.
Maybe I’ll use the statement some other posters use that think California has no flaws but alter it a little.
“5150, you couldn’t cut it in in the so cal coastal cities so you had to move to the remote foothills. Not everyone is good enough to live here.” See how that sounds a bit condescending?
How would you know if you would have no interest if you moved away, you’ve never done it. Again making assumptions you can’t back up. I’m sure if you did move and your kids and all your friends lived in California you would have an interest in what goes on in the state.
By the way, you live in the foothills, why do you post in any of the other California forums? You don’t live there.

Old 01-03-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert&Ripley View Post
Be careful when that door hits your rear on the way out.
Yep, and be careful when it swings back you don’t get hit in the face.

Old 01-03-2019, 08:04 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,412,710 times
Quote:
Yep, and be careful when it swings back you don’t get hit in the face.
Slight correction.

Yep, and be careful when it swings back you don’t get hit in the ... wallet.

Old 01-03-2019, 08:18 PM

19,222 posts, read 16,714,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Slight correction.

Yep, and be careful when it swings back you don’t get hit in the ... wallet.
This is more true and humorous. Leaving is fine if that's what a person wants to do but they better be sure before trying to come back. That's why I always advise not to sell their home right away. See if they like where they're going - maybe stay a year or, at the very least, six months. They'll breath a sigh of relief knowing they can return and not have to replace their house at a much higher price with a bigger property tax bite.

Old 01-03-2019, 10:00 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,554,277 times
Quote:
Yet here you are. You claim to be happy in California, isn’t that enough? Or do you have to have everyone else spouting out repeats of your beliefs and nothing else? Maybe you just aren’t quite as happy as you would like people to believe.
Maybe I’ll use the statement some other posters use that think California has no flaws but alter it a little.
“5150, you couldn’t cut it in in the so cal coastal cities so you had to move to the remote foothills. Not everyone is good enough to live here.” See how that sounds a bit condescending?
How would you know if you would have no interest if you moved away, you’ve never done it. Again making assumptions you can’t back up. I’m sure if you did move and your kids and all your friends lived in California you would have an interest in what goes on in the state.
By the way, you live in the foothills, why do you post in any of the other California forums? You don’t live there.
Umm I’ve never lived in the SoCal coastal cities. What is wrong with you? Unless you think San Francisco or Ft Bragg are SoCal cities. Give it a rest, for the second time. Legally do you know being incredible means? You are that. Btw we made six figures in the foothills.

Last edited by Mr5150; 01-03-2019 at 10:40 PM..

Old 01-03-2019, 10:46 PM

1,676 posts, read 1,535,982 times
Trash thread

Old 01-04-2019, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Umm I’ve never lived in the SoCal coastal cities. What is wrong with you? Unless you think San Francisco or Ft Bragg are SoCal cities. Give it a rest, for the second time. Legally do you know being incredible means? You are that. Btw we made six figures in the foothills.
I would hope you make 6 figures when 2 people are working full time. You probably think six figures is a lot of money for a couple in Ca, it's ok, in the past it was.
You forget that you once posted you once lived in So Cal on another thread and moved to the foothills. So stop trying to confuse the issue.
So you couldn't cut it on the coast and couldn't cut it farther inland in So Cal?
That's ok, you can be categorized with me as someone as a loser who couldn't cut it and had to leave. Except I had enough gas money to move farther away than you did
Once again if your feelings get hurt if people disagree with you, maybe you should not participate. Or start up threads or make statements most know will cause discussion.
Earlier you said you didn't have time for this, yet here you are again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California