Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 01:58 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
try and walk around Target with your gun and you'll know what he's talking about. My guess is your gun isn't a AR also.
Why in the name of God would I want to walk around Target with a gun?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2019, 02:02 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,676,657 times
There's nothing quite like a hot and heavy California thread. And it doesn't take long to see the usual suspects saddling up to ride into the convo with their irrational fears of taxes, minorities, liberal anything, crime, and a passel of other stuff that usually makes up the talking points for Sean Hannity and other Caliphobian conservatives.

Personally, I love the weather in California, I love the beautiful beaches, small towns, parts of the desert, and the truly magnificent mountains. I lived in Napa in the sixties, it was a farm town back then, no yuppie wineries or pretentious know-it-alls from the east cluttering up a great manufacturing--agricultural--miracle.. So, it was a real nice place for the most part. but that old agricultural California is long gone, as is almost EVERY OTHER place I've been since the sixties. What part of that huge US population explosion was missed by clueless posters who think taxes should be going down??

Have I read this right? Are gun law fears and tax fears now the total reasoning behind calling the van lines and running like a scared rat to the most horrible states in America's desert regions? And once those sand pile Nirvana's by Del Web run out of water, the tax fearing hordes will be heading off to their new and more free utopias, maybe Haiti, or, Bangladesh. I'm old, I'm still paying hefty taxes after fifty years of doing so, and I'm not seeing any logical relief in sight, unless, we can go back to those pre-sixties population levels....Good luck with that..

Taxes are higher everywhere, minorities are numerous, across every state in the country, liberals and guns are in the geographical mix too. I say to those who yelp the live long day to please, go quietly, nobody wants to hear the fears of irrational folks as a reason for the "I'm leaving" tantrums. Vote with your feet, and celebrate that freedom..

Old 01-31-2019, 02:13 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
There's nothing quite like a hot and heavy California thread. And it doesn't take long to see the usual suspects saddling up to ride into the convo with their irrational fears of taxes, minorities, liberal anything, crime, and a passel of other stuff that usually makes up the talking points for Sean Hannity and other Caliphobian conservatives.

Personally, I love the weather in California, I love the beautiful beaches, small towns, parts of the desert, and the truly magnificent mountains. I lived in Napa in the sixties, it was a farm town back then, no yuppie wineries or pretentious know-it-alls from the east cluttering up a great manufacturing--agricultural--miracle.. So, it was a real nice place for the most part. but that old agricultural California is long gone, as is almost EVERY OTHER place I've been since the sixties. What part of that huge US population explosion was missed by clueless posters who think taxes should be going down??

Have I read this right? Are gun law fears and tax fears now the total reasoning behind calling the van lines and running like a scared rat to the most horrible states in America's desert regions? And once those sand pile Nirvana's by Del Web run out of water, the tax fearing hordes will be heading off to their new and more free utopias, maybe Haiti, or, Bangladesh. I'm old, I'm still paying hefty taxes after fifty years of doing so, and I'm not seeing any logical relief in sight, unless, we can go back to those pre-sixties population levels....Good luck with that..

Taxes are higher everywhere, minorities are numerous, across every state in the country, liberals and guns are in the geographical mix too. I say to those who yelp the live long day to please, go quietly, nobody wants to hear the fears of irrational folks as a reason for the "I'm leaving" tantrums. Vote with your feet, and celebrate that freedom..
Oh *snap*

Old 01-31-2019, 02:13 PM

6,504 posts, read 7,536,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
They brought up AR, is there any state in the USA that would allow you to walk around a Target with an AR? It's pretty hard to conceal even if you get a CCW permit.

Old 01-31-2019, 02:52 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,182,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
To defend yourself against spree killers or Trump loving republicans.

You asked how Ca suppressed residents. No open carry allowed is one of many ways

Old 01-31-2019, 02:58 PM

6,504 posts, read 7,536,063 times
^^ Even in my home state of Texas, I rarely see anyone open carrying.
According to my research, open carry is only forbidden in Florida, Illinois and a couple of other states that are not California.

Old 01-31-2019, 03:12 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
The point is: (again) so what?

Millionaires are the top % ... and pay more than low income earners. Right. So what? There are still more millionaires in California than any other states. And they keep growing in numbers (pun intended).

And you don’t find this dynamic in other states such as Mississippi.

So what?
Oh dear, not even close.

Naturally, California would have more in numbers, since they have a much larger population than other states. But the fairest way to rank is per capita. Which Forbes Magazine has done.

And that title goes to New Jersey. Maryland has held the title since 2010, before getting bumped out by the Garden State.

California is ranked #8.

Old 01-31-2019, 03:15 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Oh dear, not even close.

Naturally, California would have more in numbers, since they have a much larger population than other states. But the fairest way to rank is per capita. Which Forbes Magazine has done.

And that title goes to New Jersey. Maryland has held the title since 2010, before getting bumped out by the Garden State.

California is ranked #8.
Per capita is often the right metric for statistical comps. But not always. And in this case, per capita isn’t the point at all. What we are looking at is total revenue contribution ... not per resident.

Old 01-31-2019, 05:37 PM

603 posts, read 442,904 times
Forget open carry ( we are still working on that in FL) Try getting a CC permit .. want a mag with more then 10 rounds ? ... your out of luck in California same if you want a can or a full auto ... want a normal standard handgun? It better be on the approved list ...California has redefined right to mean privilege.
That’s before you try to deal with the DMV or CARB ..., don’t get me started on their multi level idiocy.

Old 01-31-2019, 05:40 PM

603 posts, read 442,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
They brought up AR, is there any state in the USA that would allow you to walk around a Target with an AR? It's pretty hard to conceal even if you get a CCW permit.
Yes ... plenty of states have open carry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California