Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 12:33 PM

18 posts, read 41,529 times

Advertisements

If anyone is looking at moving to the what WAS the Golden State, I STRONGLY 100% RECOMMEND AGAINST IT!!! Here is why I am right:

1. WAY, WAY, WAY TOO EXPENSIVE!!! I am currently living in the absolute armpit of the state and possibly the entire COUNTRY (Stockton) and EVEN HERE, housing prices are above the national average!!! Don't even get me STARTED on Bay Area/SoCal/even Sacramento housing costs, as a ROOM in someone else's apartment will run you several thousand dollars a month!!!

2. ILLEGALS, ILLEGALS, ILLEGALS!!! I DO celebrate cultural diversity, but not when people are coming across the southern border, WITHOUT JOBS, ON WELFARE, with their 20+ children USING UP ALL OF OUR SERVICES!!! I am SICK of having to be FORCED to learn a WHOLE different LANGUAGE as these folks REFUSE to adapt to American culture!!!

3. HOMELESS PEOPLE!!! Seriously, many parts of the state have more HOMELESS than people ACTUALLY LIVING IN HOMES!!! And NO ONE wants to clean this mess up!!!

4. THE GOVERNMENT!!! Good GOD, I HATE GAVIN NEWSOM!!! He is the absolute NAIL IN THE COFFIN for this state as ALL our govt. does is tax us to death!!! Crazy train to Bakersfield, multi-BILLION dollar aqueduct, etc. etc. NO!!!

5. My pet peeve, which is the weather, which is GETTING HOTTER AND DRIER EVERY YEAR!!! Say what you want about a hurricane/snowstorm, but you ACTUALLY HAVE TIME TO GET OUT, AND ALL YOU WILL MOST LIKELY LOSE IS ELECTRICITY, WHICH COMES BACK!!! The people of Paradise had NO time when the wildfire destroyed their town, which WON'T COME BACK!!! 110 degrees is NOT comfortable summer weather!!!

If you currently live in this GOD-AWFUL state, I would MOVE OUT NOW!!! If, good forbid, you want to move here, DON'T!!! You've been warned!!!

Old 03-11-2019, 12:35 PM

850 posts, read 796,912 times
How long have you lived in CA and where did you move from?

Old 03-11-2019, 12:36 PM

18 posts, read 41,529 times
I have lived here all of my life. It is utterly awful unless you are a Fortune 500 CEO...

Old 03-11-2019, 12:42 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
OP, DON'T HOLD BACK! Tell us how you REALLY FEEL!!! What's that? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

And btw, you're way exaggerating about rents in Sac. 1-br. apartments are around $1000, give or take. Rooms are like what room rents were going for in Berkeley 20 years ago.

I agree, that the temps along long stretches of I-5 are ungodly, and they last for 6 months; it's not just 110 for the "summer"; it's that hot through much of the fall, as well. I looked up old, historical weather records for Redding, and 80 years ago, the top temps were in the 90's, and that peak heat period was only for a month or so. Times have changed.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:47 PM

850 posts, read 796,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IhateCA View Post
I have lived here all of my life. It is utterly awful unless you are a Fortune 500 CEO...
I moved here from phoenix and other than weather and food CA has not been what I had hoped. I got a traffic ticket for $300, the same exact violation in Phx is $70, but az is 100+ for 6 months of the year.

Old 03-11-2019, 01:02 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,294,055 times
California is nothing like when I grew up there with my family. It was wonderful back in the 1970's and even to the 1990's. The temperatures were more temperate back then and this was in the southern California area, Riverside county. But, now we live in Nevada, and it's hot from May until the beginning of November. And we get the 110's, because it is the desert. But it's a dry heat.

Consider moving away to another area. The cost of living is super low in Ohio and other states. You can buy an entire house for under $50,000 in some area's. Even less in Detroit. But I would not recommend living there.

Old 03-11-2019, 01:05 PM

130,460 posts, read 12,124,678 times
I do not speak Spanish & I have no problems communicating with anyone I meet. I think you are exaggerating the language problem. Save your money & find somewhere you will enjoy living.

Old 03-11-2019, 01:26 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,356,633 times
I have been here my entire life and don't intend to make a change any time soon. My wife and I have worked for the same employer for years now. We love where we work and prefer to retire from our jobs in another 20 or 30 years. My wife wants to retire as soon as she is 65. I prefer to keep working if my body will allow me to. We figure that our home will now be paid off in 9 years. Our retirement account will allow us to live here. The weather here on the coast at least is amazing. We love the water and hope to spend many more years playing on the water. Can't say enough great things about this state.

Old 03-11-2019, 01:31 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,289,513 times
High taxes be damned, the rich keep moving to California

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...311-story.html

Old 03-11-2019, 01:34 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,757,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IhateCA View Post
If anyone is looking at moving to the what WAS the Golden State, I STRONGLY 100% RECOMMEND AGAINST IT!!! Here is why I am right:

1. WAY, WAY, WAY TOO EXPENSIVE!!! I am currently living in the absolute armpit of the state and possibly the entire COUNTRY (Stockton) and EVEN HERE, housing prices are above the national average!!! Don't even get me STARTED on Bay Area/SoCal/even Sacramento housing costs, as a ROOM in someone else's apartment will run you several thousand dollars a month!!!

2. ILLEGALS, ILLEGALS, ILLEGALS!!! I DO celebrate cultural diversity, but not when people are coming across the southern border, WITHOUT JOBS, ON WELFARE, with their 20+ children USING UP ALL OF OUR SERVICES!!! I am SICK of having to be FORCED to learn a WHOLE different LANGUAGE as these folks REFUSE to adapt to American culture!!!

3. HOMELESS PEOPLE!!! Seriously, many parts of the state have more HOMELESS than people ACTUALLY LIVING IN HOMES!!! And NO ONE wants to clean this mess up!!!

4. THE GOVERNMENT!!! Good GOD, I HATE GAVIN NEWSOM!!! He is the absolute NAIL IN THE COFFIN for this state as ALL our govt. does is tax us to death!!! Crazy train to Bakersfield, multi-BILLION dollar aqueduct, etc. etc. NO!!!

5. My pet peeve, which is the weather, which is GETTING HOTTER AND DRIER EVERY YEAR!!! Say what you want about a hurricane/snowstorm, but you ACTUALLY HAVE TIME TO GET OUT, AND ALL YOU WILL MOST LIKELY LOSE IS ELECTRICITY, WHICH COMES BACK!!! The people of Paradise had NO time when the wildfire destroyed their town, which WON'T COME BACK!!! 110 degrees is NOT comfortable summer weather!!!

If you currently live in this GOD-AWFUL state, I would MOVE OUT NOW!!! If, good forbid, you want to move here, DON'T!!! You've been warned!!!
Oh, stop this c$$p. You posted the same thing 5 years ago "when you were a teenager". You still haven't left. So it can't be that bad otherwise you'd be gone. Stop the fake temper tantrum.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/sacra...l#post34497614
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California