Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 09:00 PM

790 posts, read 4,018,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyskye View Post
Well, i'm in Santa Cruz and today it is about 75 degrees and very sunny.
It's unusually warm this weekend and the fog has not arrived yet for it's still early spring.
The summers are warm (upper 70's - low 80's) and the fog comes and goes and often hugs the coast line but just a few miles inland the sun always shines on.
And there are days and times in the summer when the fog stays away.
If you're used to Oregon, you probably won't be bothered by it at all.
I find it refreshing and when it's hot inland it's a relief to be close to the coast.
The fog goes away in the fall and then around the beginning of November the rain comes. Throughout the winter there are days of rain but often the hard rain is at night and the days can be soft rain or none at all (or sometimes lots of it ... very variable).
And needless to say, some winters are rainier than others.
I don't find it opressive though.
Then there can be stretches of days (sometimes many, many [even a couple of weeks]) where there is no rain at all and lots of sun with temps generally in the low 50's and sometimes the lower 60's.
I was walking on the beach this Feb. in my t-shirt.
Soooooooo, come on down .
Just a few hours after i wrote, "the fog has not arrived yet .... " the fog is rolling in and the temp has dropped about 15 degrees just in the past hour.
It's been so warm for three or four days and the warmth of the land brings the fog in.
But i love that ... changes .... keeps you on your toes and adaptable.
And the fog and moisture of the ocean is so good for our skin and hair and, of course, that's the most important thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 06:48 AM

889 posts, read 3,116,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post
same thing i was gonna say.. monterey and marina are also nearby(to carmel) and fair

san luis obispo and santa barbara may fit too, farther down the coast

Marina is foggy all summer, Carmel gets alot of fog, and is not sunny on a daily basis in the summer.Monterey can be sunnier especially the farther away you are from the ocean. Carmel Valley is the hot spot, lots of sun in the summer . In Carmel Valley Village, its sunny pretty much the entire summer.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:01 PM

140 posts, read 429,466 times
Dude that is so far from the Bay Area! It's almost SoCal.^^^^

Old 04-14-2008, 07:49 PM

790 posts, read 4,018,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenShores View Post
Dude that is so far from the Bay Area! It's almost SoCal.^^^^
Whos post are you referring to? Without the quote of the post you're specifically responding to, it's hard to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California