Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 10:55 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,181,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Yeah. A sitting senator literally granted $1 billion of the money to a company where her husband used to sit on the board (Tutor Perini). When I sold my ownership percentage of my company to a larger entity, I was subject to SEC disclosure compliance. If I had hid a relationship like that, I would be in prison right now.

Are you talking about Feinstein?? She's a real peach....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2019, 12:54 PM

2,347 posts, read 3,333,808 times
Quote:
Yeah. A sitting senator literally granted $1 billion of the money to a company where her husband used to sit on the board (Tutor Perini). When I sold my ownership percentage of my company to a larger entity, I was subject to SEC disclosure compliance. If I had hid a relationship like that, I would be in prison right now.
Well it's different for Feinstein because she's a powerful, well connected politician/dignitary in CA. So SEC rules and laws like that don't apply to her.

They don't.

Huh.

Who's gonna enforce it? Ernest H. Pootywinkle Esq of East Nowhereville?

Yeah go ahead and try and take that on. And watch how quickly he so tragically ends up in a fatal car crash. Or finds himself in bankruptcy court.

Old 05-22-2019, 02:06 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,986,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Are you talking about Feinstein?? She's a real peach....
That's the one, who seems to win re-election in California over and over again when she's literally accomplished nothing. Has Feinstein ever gathered a successful Congressional coalition to pass legislation that has actually helped her constituents?

Basically a rotten lefty mouth piece that panders to the pander-able. Nothing more. She's spent nearly three decades in office raping California taxpayers for BILLIONS of dollars.

Lunacy. Lunacy and stupidity.

Old 05-22-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
Well it's different for Feinstein because she's a powerful, well connected politician/dignitary in CA. So SEC rules and laws like that don't apply to her.

They don't.

Huh.

Who's gonna enforce it? Ernest H. Pootywinkle Esq of East Nowhereville?

Yeah go ahead and try and take that on. And watch how quickly he so tragically ends up in a fatal car crash. Or finds himself in bankruptcy court.
Sure, she's pretty much untouchable.

But who gives her that immunity? The people you see all around you in California. They gave her a blank check, and immunity from prosecution.

Old 05-22-2019, 03:42 PM

1,203 posts, read 667,985 times
Quote:
That's the one, who seems to win re-election in California over and over again when she's literally accomplished nothing. Has Feinstein ever gathered a successful Congressional coalition to pass legislation that has actually helped her constituents?

Basically a rotten lefty mouth piece that panders to the pander-able. Nothing more. She's spent nearly three decades in office raping California taxpayers for BILLIONS of dollars.

Lunacy. Lunacy and stupidity.
So the other option on the ballow was DeLeon. I'm assuming that's who you voted for?

Old 05-22-2019, 09:00 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,428,879 times
She will be 91 at the end of her current term.

Old 05-23-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad debt View Post
So the other option on the ballow was DeLeon. I'm assuming that's who you voted for?
When I'm at dinner, and someone serves two choices that are unpalatable, I usually just skip dinner.

Old 05-23-2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
She will be 91 at the end of her current term.
30 years in congress, and nothing to show for it except corruption and ineffective leadership.

Old 05-23-2019, 10:21 AM

2,479 posts, read 2,213,290 times
Default The Federal Gov'nt pays $297 Billion to California Yrly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
Yes, despite the fact that California is the U.S.'s economic "work horse" and we pay a huge amount of taxes to the federal government.

By all means, rejoice in our punishment by the petulant Orange Haired little man with the tiny hands!

The federal government pays $297 Billion to California yearly.

Old 05-23-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
The federal government pays $297 Billion to California yearly.
Not to mention the Federal Government literally owns half of California, a lot of that land being snow packs, and watersheds that California depends on to survive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California