Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 01:53 PM

1,487 posts, read 868,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post
But you're in FLORIDA!

No thank you, I'll pay a little more.
Agreed

Old 06-30-2019, 01:54 PM

1,487 posts, read 868,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
No, but we pay about $500/month to PG&E. Which is double what we pay to APS for service at our Arizona house, which is twice the square footage of the CA house and has four more A/C units.
That’s the key...you need 4 ac units in Az

Yikes

Old 06-30-2019, 02:16 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,041,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
I agree. I am a native Californian and that does not make me special in any way nor does living here make anyone special.

Yeah but you left because you're too far to the right and you want to Make America Great Again. So that doesn't count.

Show me someone who has blue state values, did NOT vote for Trump, and thinks California is a terrible place.

I'm sure you would love my hat that says "Make America Gay Again". I plan to wear it to Gay Pride 2019 San Diego!!!

Old 06-30-2019, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post
But you're in FLORIDA!

No thank you, I'll pay a little more.

Exactly. Nice place to visit, but unless you're in one of the major cities, it is antithetical to our values in California.

Old 06-30-2019, 06:53 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,232,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Yeah but you left because you're too far to the right and you want to Make America Great Again. So that doesn't count.

Show me someone who has blue state values, did NOT vote for Trump, and thinks California is a terrible place.

I'm sure you would love my hat that says "Make America Gay Again". I plan to wear it to Gay Pride 2019 San Diego!!!
You keep showing you have no idea about what you post about others.

I am not a right winger, not a Republican and the MAGA again is something I never see happening, what ever it means.

I love CA as to the beauty of the State and weather, just not what it has become: Never ending tax increases on everything, crowding, congestion, endless fees, not enough parking at the beaches I love, major homeless issue and the list keeps getting longer each year.

Note: I can afford to live there and pay cash for any home I want. I also own 2 Corporation in CA (A third is a non CA Corporation) and have family and friends there.

Old 06-30-2019, 06:55 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,232,213 times
Quote:
Exactly. Nice place to visit, but unless you're in one of the major cities, it is antithetical to our values in California.
Yep, FL does not value high taxes for example, even in the major cities.

Oh, more people move to FL from other States than to CA and CA has more citizens leaving than moving into the State. FL is neither Red or Blue rather Purple.

Old 06-30-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Yep, FL does not value high taxes for example, even in the major cities.
Miami (Miami-Dade County) and Orlando (Orange County) are blue, buddy. Guess again. Voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016. Blue on the map.

https://ballotpedia.org/Presidential..._Florida,_2016

Most major cities in the USA are blue. It's because a densely populated area is necessarily cosmoplitan, even the more conservative people. You find few socially conservative people in densely populated areas, because they have to live with other people who might have different views and might be of a different ethnicity and sexual orientation than them. That's true around the world: London, Paris, Rome, Tokyo, Tel Aviv, all relatively liberal cities.

Miami and Orlando have Blue State Values. Outside of Miami and Orlando, yes, Florida is a red state. Which is probably why you moved there, to be around others who voted for Trump and want a wall to keep the brown people away, eh?

Quote:
Oh, more people move to FL from other States than to CA and CA has more citizens leaving than moving into the State.
The uneducated are moving out of California. The educated are moving into California. So I guess Florida and Arizona can be proud of the uneducated and ignorant bigots and racists moving there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of California
Families with kids and those with only a high school education predominate among those moving from California to its top destination states (Texas, Arizona, and Nevada). College-educated 18 to 35 year olds led the way among those moving to California from its top feeder states (New York, Illinois, and New Jersey).
https://lao.ca.gov/LAOEconTax/Article/Detail/265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Public Policy Institute of California
Overall, California gained 3.1 million residents over the past 10 years.
https://www.ppic.org/publication/cal...as-population/

So, yes, Florida is importing the uneducated racists who left California, but California still grew due to births within the state.

Old 06-30-2019, 09:48 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,125,155 times
Quote:
Miami (Miami-Dade County) and Orlando (Orange County) are blue, buddy. Guess again. Voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016. Blue on the map.

https://ballotpedia.org/Presidential..._Florida,_2016

Most major cities in the USA are blue. It's because a densely populated area is necessarily cosmoplitan, even the more conservative people. You find few socially conservative people in densely populated areas, because they have to live with other people who might have different views and might be of a different ethnicity and sexual orientation than them. That's true around the world: London, Paris, Rome, Tokyo, Tel Aviv, all relatively liberal cities.

Miami and Orlando have Blue State Values. Outside of Miami and Orlando, yes, Florida is a red state. Which is probably why you moved there, to be around others who voted for Trump and want a wall to keep the brown people away, eh?

The uneducated are moving out of California. The educated are moving into California. So I guess Florida and Arizona can be proud of the uneducated and ignorant bigots and racists moving there.

https://lao.ca.gov/LAOEconTax/Article/Detail/265

https://www.ppic.org/publication/cal...as-population/

So, yes, Florida is importing the uneducated racists who left California, but California still grew due to births within the state.

Are you this rude to your customers at the fast food restaurant too??

Old 06-30-2019, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Are you this rude to your customers at the fast food restaurant too??

I've never worked at a fast food restaurant. I currently work in a warehouse.

Old 07-01-2019, 12:21 AM

3,433 posts, read 3,682,810 times
Quote:
I've never worked at a fast food restaurant. I currently work in a warehouse.
Oooooo...glad you cleared THAT up...

You continually talk about shared values. Well I don't share your value of arguing with people for the sake of arguing.

Quote:
I have a relatively high IQ. I was invited by Johns Hopkins University to skip high school and attend JHU with a full ride scholarship. I would have been a freshman in college at age 14. I'm in the 96th percentile, so there is only a 4% chance that any given person is smarter than me.
96th percentile of what? BS school? You are burying yourself deeper into a hole.

I see you barely made the criteria for the warehouse job.

Last edited by Vic Romano; 07-01-2019 at 01:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California