Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 05:52 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,068,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
That's strange. I lived in the SF Bay area in the 80's and didn't know a Democrat
lmao are you kidding? San Francisco has been blue since 1960. Here in Silicon Valley, we are a bit to the right of San Francisco (including myself), but we've been blue every year since 1988.

https://www.latimes.com/projects/la-...oting-history/

(underneath the maps, you can select your favorite county and see its voting history.)

Regan wasn't that far to the right, that's why he was able to carry California in 1980 and 1984. I voted for Arnold Schwarzenegger both times, myself, because he wasn't that far to the right and I wasn't impressed by the Democratic candidate. It would be hard to convince someone like me to vote Republican on the national level, though, because on the national level, the Republicans are theocrats rather than libertarians; they are on the wrong side of the social issues. Here in California, the Republican party is ok, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2019, 07:50 PM

10,346 posts, read 8,563,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
ok, you're a racist who supports Trump. Fair enough.

Stop saying others don't understand or there are lots of racists in California or whatever. The VAST MAJORITY of California disagrees with you. That is why you left. Stop pretending otherwise.
I’m a minority and you’re white. Maybe you’re the racist. You bring it up so much it just makes one wonder about you.
I have several older posts about why I left and they were all financial.
I moved to a city that is half black, that more blacks than any other city in California. If I was a racist why would I move here.

Game over, thank for playing.

Old 06-30-2019, 07:53 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,068,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
I’m a minority and you’re white.
Minorities for Trump?

Quote:

I have several older posts about why I left and they were all financial.
They're all far right wing.

Quote:

I moved to a city that is half black, that more blacks than any other city in California. If I was a racist why would I move here.
I don't know, if you're not a racist why would you leave California?

Old 07-01-2019, 01:17 AM

10,346 posts, read 8,563,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Minorities for Trump?

They're all far right wing.

I don't know, if you're not a racist why would you leave California?
Wow, if you can't figure that out since I've already posted the reason, I now have to accept the fact that you simply cannot comprehend english and it is silly to write anything since it goes right past you.
I can see how you also make a poor representation for white people. There are lot's of minorities for Trump,I'm sure you hate them which makes me believe a gain that you are a racist but try to hide it by calling everyone else a racist.

Clue for you: you have running arguments with several people on multiple threads yet have no one supporting your views at all. Maybe you simply aren't part of the Californians who have shared values, none of them are backing you up.

Old 07-01-2019, 08:04 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,655,590 times
It does happen...

Friends moved to Colorado Springs and raised a family their for 30 years... they were tied to the Air Force academy...

Upon retirement they sold their beautiful home for a condo in Santa Barbara...

Reason... winters were getting to be too much and their daughter/grandchildren where living near Santa Barbara...

So one example of moving back...

Old 07-03-2019, 10:30 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,491,098 times
I graduated from high school in the mid 1970's, moved away to WA, then to TN, then back to WA pretty much against my will lol.....and most of that time I dreamed of moving back to CA. I finally made it back.

The thing is, I never found anywhere else like the SF Bay Area. I will add to the other mentions about weather and politics, the fact that I love the diversity here. Everywhere I go there are people speaking other languages - and usually several different languages are being spoken around me at the same time. People in beautiful saris and suits and jeans and shorts - you name it.

I just never felt right anywhere else. I'm so happy to be back. And if you're retired, who cares about the traffic? There's so much to do even if you're poor. The libraries are amazing. The parks are amazing, the public transportation is decent, the amenities for low-income people like me are incredible.

No place is perfect, but this is the most perfect place for me.

And I so get the earlier comment about other places being tribal. I had the same experience trying to fit in in Tennessee. And I really hated living in small towns in WA. Not to blame WA, I just think it's a small town thing. I love that I can go to the store with bad hair and rarely, rarely, if ever run into anyone I know. If I want to see someone, we make a date. Otherwise, there's nobody at the store who knows who I am and they don't care. I love the freedom in anonymity like that in a big city, as opposed to small towns where everyone knows when you sneeze. Gives me the shivers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California