Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2019, 10:07 AM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
I think he was asking 'why more? Why always more'. There is tremendous waste and graft in CA....
There’s waste and graft in all government everywhere, yes. Now, look up how California is measured in those issues relative to other states. I know the answer. I think, if you perform an honest and diligent search, you will be surprised.

Always remember: everything is relative. Just ask Einstein.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2019, 10:29 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,798,833 times
I agree TM, it's everywhere....if you look up only corruption by state rankings, Cali is not in the top ten. However, searches based on different terminology will turn up scads of evidence of corruption, theft in CA. It's all in the search. CA 'steals' a lot of money from tax revenues like the Gas Tax to divert to it's pet programs, and that's what is most irritating to me......

Even though Gov. Jerry Brown’s latest questionable appointees to the state’s powerful Public Utilities Commission have been held up, no one has yet been penalized for several fix-is-in decisions there that are costing consumers billions of dollars.

Energy Commission members who handed out many millions of dollars in hydrogen highway grants to cronies with conflicts of interest weren’t punished; they were reappointed.

Nothing happened to University of California President Janet Napolitano and her aides who accumulated a $175 million slush fund while students were assessed about that same amount in tuition increases.

https://www.dailynews.com/2017/10/02...nt-corruption/

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...303-story.html

How corrupt are the California elections?

Old 11-01-2019, 11:14 AM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
I agree TM, it's everywhere....if you look up only corruption by state rankings, Cali is not in the top ten. However, searches based on different terminology will turn up scads of evidence of corruption, theft in CA. It's all in the search. CA 'steals' a lot of money from tax revenues like the Gas Tax to divert to it's pet programs, and that's what is most irritating to me......

Even though Gov. Jerry Brown’s latest questionable appointees to the state’s powerful Public Utilities Commission have been held up, no one has yet been penalized for several fix-is-in decisions there that are costing consumers billions of dollars.

Energy Commission members who handed out many millions of dollars in hydrogen highway grants to cronies with conflicts of interest weren’t punished; they were reappointed.

Nothing happened to University of California President Janet Napolitano and her aides who accumulated a $175 million slush fund while students were assessed about that same amount in tuition increases.

https://www.dailynews.com/2017/10/02...nt-corruption/

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...303-story.html

How corrupt are the California elections?
Sure. My point is not to say it’s okay, but that it comes with the territory. Unfortunate characteristic of human nature. Challenge is to manage the realities. And California isn’t ranked very badly. Yet the vitriol of mythologies portrays the state as the apex of evil. Hilarious.

Old 11-01-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Yet the vitriol of mythologies portrays the state as the apex of evil. Hilarious.
Yep, it depends on which side of whatever you're observing from doesn't it? And in today's wonderful (ha) information age, we can all find plenty of ammo to prove our respective points. I try and be fair in what I post and in what I use as 'proof' and it seems you do as well.....
I think out of a lot of the adversaries on CD, we could at least probably have a beer together and enjoy it..... (where's the beer emoji when ya need it?)

Old 11-06-2019, 03:57 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,987,805 times
Cool Democrat sponsored initiative measure to take away certain Prop 13 protections begins gathering signatures in California

To those who believe Prop 13 is safe. Got this pic from a friend.

Read some of the key features of this Democrat funded initiative.
Attached Thumbnails
Prop 13 reform to be on 2020 ballot-prop13.jpg  

Old 11-06-2019, 04:03 PM

Yep, there is absolutely no doubt they will eventually get Prop 13 residential destroyed....those who think otherwise need to look at who is behind this. Newsom/Unions/Liberal tax and spenders.....you really think they won't....?

Old 11-06-2019, 04:34 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,760,104 times
that should increase the exodus for those that have been depending on Prop 13 for their ability to stay in their homes. Oh well........greed is a difficult thing.

Old 11-06-2019, 05:45 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,987,805 times
Quote:
Yep, there is absolutely no doubt they will eventually get Prop 13 residential destroyed....those who think otherwise need to look at who is behind this. Newsom/Unions/Liberal tax and spenders.....you really think they won't....?
It's all about tax money. Residential property taxes is the biggest fish left to fillet.

Hate to say it, but this continuous assault on Prop 13 is NOT going to stop until California voters smarten up.

Old 11-07-2019, 12:40 AM

111 posts, read 74,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
House value drops. CA becomes affordable. Property taxes drop to prop 13 amounts. I love your logic!
You left of the part where home owners lose their butts with that home value implosion.

Old 11-07-2019, 04:47 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
House value drops. CA becomes affordable. Property taxes drop to prop 13 amounts.
There is no such thing as "Prop 13 amounts."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California