Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2019, 06:50 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
There's probably spy cameras recording plates
Which would do nothing because they don't check at the border or anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2019, 06:15 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,798,833 times
I have a good friend who is LEO who says that hos DOJ pals tell him they're being sent across state lines to follow cars with a CA plate back from gun shows, stores, etc....

Just be aware my friends......do not buy at the Yuma gun show for example or the first gun store across the state line.....

Old 09-17-2019, 06:35 PM

3,272 posts, read 3,933,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
I have a good friend who is LEO who says that hos DOJ pals tell him they're being sent across state lines to follow cars with a CA plate back from gun shows, stores, etc....

Just be aware my friends......do not buy at the Yuma gun show for example or the first gun store across the state line.....
I'm on calguns everyday, a California website for gun owners, and literally NOT ONE PERSON has ever posted they've been arrested in this scenario.

Old 09-17-2019, 06:55 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,162,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
I once got a bad cop fired... the capper was that he was out of his jurisdiction, without permission, while on duty. Jes' sayin.'

Old 09-17-2019, 07:16 PM

I'm sure you're right, just passing along some info....although after some of the actions of the CA DOJ recently, nothing will surprise me. (I'm referring to the gun confiscations when people tried to register their ARs last year..)

Old 09-17-2019, 08:43 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
With California's red flag laws never mention to anyone you have guns, don't talk about them, don't have any NRA stickers on your house or car.
Democrats goal is to take away your guns with no compensation and with red flag laws they do that without the problem of due process. You have no rights.

Old 09-18-2019, 08:20 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
This is how it works (I've been told). I drive to Yuma with some ammo crates. I buy all the ammo I want and while on a side street where I parked (not in the lot) I dump all ammo into crates and dispose of the receipt and boxes.

No evidence

Or simply have components shipped to my house to reload like always. Either one works and gives the lib politicians the finger.

Old 09-18-2019, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
This is how it works (I've been told). I drive to Yuma with some ammo crates. I buy all the ammo I want and while on a side street where I parked (not in the lot) I dump all ammo into crates and dispose of the receipt and boxes.

No evidence
Well that's how I would do it...if I were going to, which I never would of course....

Old 09-18-2019, 12:05 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,962,729 times
This is how I would do it. Theoretically..... just saying

Drive to Vegas, loaded up ammo by the case, check into a hotel for the weekend, enjoy to food and shows, then drive back on a Monday.

I'd like to see a member of CHP waiting in the parking lot over the weekend!

Old 09-18-2019, 01:27 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I believe you are missing the point. They are recording the caliber and type of ammo we are buying and storing it. It's a gun registry that fills in the holes of everything old and everything imported.

Example - if I buy 7.62 x 39 they can deduce I have access to either an AK or an SKS. If I am buying .223 more than likely I have an AR. Especially true with all handgun ammo. If I am buying .50 bmg ammo I guarantee they'll be trying to cross reference. Easy match to show I am buying .9mm handgun ammo but don't have a handgun registered to the State.

For a firearms owner nothing good can come of this. So no thanks. I'll reload.

The number of CA plates in gun store parking lots in NV and AZ were amazing.
They can only keep the data on the ammo you buy for two years, and who are 'these people' who are going to do all this data mining to figure out why you are buying a specific type of ammo, it could be for a rental gun at a range or a friends gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California